Patrick Bateman

2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don

I'll ask again: who are these people getting polled? To my knowledge i have never been called. Never been emailed. Is it just people with land lines?

Hill/HarrisX is such a turd. Online only. 

Over the past month they've shown 43/39, 47/37, 42/41.

Here are some of their utterly inexplicable numbers for Biden this week. Compare to any other poll and try not to laugh.

Black 67%

Democrats 78%

College Degree+ 45%

For decades, a Republican candidate for President didn't have to spend money in Georgia (despite some sub-5% margins in 2016 and 2008).

One of you folks that enjoys the maths as a hobby (NERDS!)...you'll do well to track ad spending in certain states and compare it up against how much voter fraud Trump claims happened in those states.  They'll cite and investigate the very same states they dumped the most money into.  I can't imagine why that would be?  Oh yeah, people of youth and people of color coming out vote.  And we all know if there's one thing young black people love.....it's mailing items!  Voter Fraud, ahhhh!  

16 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'll ask again: who are these people getting polled? 

Your mom gets poled. 

On 6/25/2020 at 3:15 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

If you're looking for a reason to vote Biden that isn't just "he's not Trump," Jon Stewart lays it out here.

Man i miss Jon Stewart. He's right like always. Biden was far from my first choice but it turns out he may have been the best choice after all.

Gonna be interesting to see how Southern Democrats divvy up TV advertising money vs digital advertising in the coming weeks. R Governors risking their constituents lives by not shutting down a second time to try and will their way through this sacrifice their own support while McConnell came out today touting masks and even Dick Cheney doing the same. Unless Donald makes the 180, (he won’t) there is a core constituency that I’m not sure will follow their statewide leaders pivots for public health in opposition to Trump.That hurts their baked in numbers and the digital advertising will reach those staying at home but being online and givesbetter name recognition for their uphill election.

Posted (edited)

Dotard will eventually pivot on masks for the public (while finding some excuse for why he can't wear one because he has to look strong like a leader straight out of central casting or whatever the fuck he comes up with to avoid smearing his makeup), but it will be too late.  It will be precipitated by something as stupid as Tucker or Hannity interviewing Dr. Oz and saying, whoa, it turns out masks actually do help! 

As soon as he thinks he won't have good press from his preferred outlets to back him up on no masks, he'll do a complete 180 and then try to claim credit.  Just like he went from "we have 15 cases and it will be zero soon" to "I sounded the alarm before anyone and saved lives by banning travel from China even though all the scientists and doctors said it was too early for that!"   It will, of course, be far too late since (a) it's already far too late, and (b) Fox won't cave until the red states are totally overrun by the virus and they have to start worrying about losing viewers if they tell these people "all is well" while their own relatives are dying up close and personal.  But he will try to get on the other side of the issue at some point once his base starts to feel more pain and he sees their attitudes begin to shift from defiance to fear.  It will soon not just be a New York City problem for them anymore.

Edited by longhornmatt

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Your concern troll is showing.  The fact that you think Harris satisfies the base shows how little you understand progressive politics. Just because she’s black doesn’t mean she’s progressive.  Check back with your handlers man, you’ve mis calibrated this board. 

Just fucking stop with the "concern troll" bullshit.  It's getting tiresome.

We get that you're the self-righteous, highly political knowitall.  Doesn't make everyone else a troll. 

Edited by TwiceHorn

15 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

this poll looks great, stay the course, don, don't change a thing.  we got this.

napoleon dynamite GIF

Yeah I'd love to have him continue to bury his head in the sand but the ad buy in Georgia tells us what we need to know about his internals.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Yeah I'd love to have him continue to bury his head in the sand but the ad buy in Georgia tells us what we need to know about his internals.

Says a lot that he’s having to spend money in places like Ohio, Georgia, and Iowa. Those places should realistically be all sewn up for Trump.

also tells you that Biden should get to spend 90% of the campaign on offense trying to flip trump states.

Edited by Voldemort86

2 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Hill/HarrisX is such a turd. Online only. 

Over the past month they've shown 43/39, 47/37, 42/41.

Here are some of their utterly inexplicable numbers for Biden this week. Compare to any other poll and try not to laugh.

Black 67%

Democrats 78%

College Degree+ 45%

In case it wasn't clear, these aren't margins, they're total support. As in Biden only pulling 67% of black vote, 78% of Dems, and 45% of people with at least a 4-year degree.

By comparison:

NYT/Siena: 79/5 black, 90/5 Dem, 57/30 college degree.

YouGov: 81/6 black, 89/6 Dem, 60/28 college degree.

10 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

In case it wasn't clear, these aren't margins, they're total support. As in Biden only pulling 67% of black vote, 78% of Dems, and 45% of people with at least a 4-year degree.

By comparison:

NYT/Siena: 79/5 black, 90/5 Dem, 57/30 college degree.

YouGov: 81/6 black, 89/6 Dem, 60/28 college degree.

The college degree numbers are still very disappointing. 

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dude. Clinton won white college women by only 7 points and lost white college men by 14. Biden's polling at least 20+ points better. What did you want, 100%?

18 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Dude. Clinton won white college women by only 7 points and lost white college men by 14. Biden's polling at least 20+ points better. What did you want, 100%?

Yes. 100%

34 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

We get that you're the self-righteous, highly political knowitall.  Doesn't make everyone else a troll. 

curb your enthusiasm ok GIF

Edited by Bateshorn

I find it interesting that there will be an amendment this November on the California ballot about whether or not to remove this language from the state constitution

The State shall not discriminate against, or grant preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in the operation of public employment, public education, or public contracting.

It will be Assembly Constitutional Amendment 5. It passed the state assembly and senate in favor of the language removal. Obviously California isn't going red anytime soon but I can't help but wonder if this is going to fire up what's left of California conservatives. 

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

aggy working overtime cranking out those degrees to get their alumni base up

14 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'll ask again: who are these people getting polled? To my knowledge i have never been called. Never been emailed. Is it just people with land lines?

I get calls on my cell.

But every time I say I lean democrat or liberal, they’ve met  a quota and end the call.

8 hours ago, TexasEd said:

aggy working overtime cranking out those degrees to get their alumni base up

Yeah I was gonna say don’t forget aggy, Liberty and Bama are all “colleges” too.

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

I get calls on my cell.

But every time I say I lean democrat or liberal, they’ve met  a quota and end the call.

Wait, what? 

20 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

This was over-salty on my part.  Bates is a solid poster and has a lot of good political insight.

For some reason, the "troll" allegation-slinging really grinds my gears when it's applied to non-troll posters.

Sorry, Bates.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This was over-salty on my part.  Bates is a solid poster and has a lot of good political insight.

For some reason, the "troll" allegation-slinging really grinds my gears when it's applied to non-troll posters.

Sorry, Bates.

I'm Sorry Charlie Murphy! GIF | Gfycat

I'm sorry, Charlie Murphy, it was an accident. I was having too ...

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Sorry, Bates.

That's nothing, I get irrationally mad at you for every court decision that I think is horrible, as if you made the judgment yourself, as opposed to just explaining it to us. Speaking of which, nice job on the Stone case, asshole. 

13 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

That's nothing, I get irrationally mad at you for every court decision that I think is horrible, as if you made the judgment yourself, as opposed to just explaining it to us. Speaking of which, nice job on the Stone case, asshole. 

Lulz

People who still have landlines.

So, olds. And morons who answer when an unknown calls.

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Wait, what? 

They say they’re a polling / research so and so.

then ask if I’m a registered voter

Yes.

registered in Texas

Yes

Woukd you describe yourself as affiliated with a party

yes

Which partly.

Democrat.

How strong would you lean . Very much, a little, bit very much, etc

A little.

Well it looks like we have come to a stop as my computer is telling me we’ve already reached that quota and no longer need to proceed.

Thank you Mr. guy for your time.

It's because they have met the sample size. Which means their sampling seems to be underrating little left.

24 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Live in terror!!!!!  

Vote Trump..... Your life might just depend on it.....

You want this shit that's happening right now under Trump’s watch to happen more? I didn't fucking think so, vote Trump! 

Yeah he needs to pivot to the center and those vids are anything but that.

On 6/25/2020 at 3:08 PM, Brandywine said:

If Trump does that stalking hovering routine around Joe, like he did Hillary at the debates, when he’s talking, I hope Joe turns around and bops Trump one and hits him in the mouth. And says “Oops, I didn’t know you were standing there!” Landslide win for Joe!!!

On 6/25/2020 at 3:12 PM, Brandywine said:

Or, “Gee man, you need a TicTac!”

Or, "Someone's got a dirty diaper, apparently."  

On 6/26/2020 at 11:51 AM, Voldemort86 said:

I just hope they take the senate majority down with them.

mitch McConnell is a cancer to the whole country.

This.

McConnell may not even be in the senate regardless of whomever has the majority. Kentucky may have the unique distinction of going for Trump and sending a Democrat to the Senate.

On 6/26/2020 at 9:50 PM, HRSchenker said:

Obviously California isn't going red anytime soon but I can't help but wonder if this is going to fire up what's left of California conservatives. 

A particularly odious breed.

13 minutes ago, The Dog said:

McConnell may not even be in the senate regardless of whomever has the majority. Kentucky may have the unique distinction of going for Trump and sending a Democrat to the Senate.

Unlikely 

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Unlikely 

Yeah it is but he's in a dogfight whereas Trump is comfortably ahead. It's a weird state.

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion