Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Fat dude in the middle of the picture on the left sure looks like he has a Texas flag stitched to his green t-shirt. And this is DC?

The guy tweeting it is an MSNBC journalist so I'm inclined to take him at his word since he works for a big company. Internet sleuths think it's special ops prison officers.

Nothing ominous about that at all....

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Fat dude in the middle of the picture on the left sure looks like he has a Texas flag stitched to his green t-shirt. And this is DC?

Wouldn't be at all surprised if this slovenly, makeshift group ends up being part of Erik Prince's bloated, privatized security.  Why pass up an opportunity during all of this to award lavish contracts with the plebe's tax money to the DC fun money circuit?  Just an allegation, but nothing these hog trough slopper uppers do anymore is shocking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah,  how did he start it?  Those things are never just left with the Keys up in  the "sunvisor"  

He obviously knew his way around one though, he gets to the pylons and backs it up ever so slightly so he only grazes one, and not two.  and he put the forks at just the right spot on the mast to press the glass/plywood inward so they'd shatter forward.  I'm guessing he'll be hired out by looting crews nationwide with this on his CV.

Or Best Buy.

Earlier this year we got hit by a couple of guys on a weekend. Cut a hole through chain link fence and made off with 15 truck tires. No tools other than a lug wrench and crow bar. They would let the air out on the outside tires, pry them off and roll them to the fence. We watched the whole thing on camera. They were gone in 45 minutes. If I could find them, I would hire them. My regular employees don't hustle that hard.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Other law enforcement agencies stopped helping Atlanta PD after the DA pressed charges against APD officers who used excessive force:

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/atlanta-police-chief-says-charges-against-officers-are-political/afQRm3nM431DlyGyqEjY3K/

So many wonderful moments of lacking of self-awareness in that article. Such as this:

(Atlanta PD Chief)Shields said that although her officers had escalated a “low-level” encounter with two college students and behaved inappropriately, she never discussed charging the officers with the district attorney or Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms.

Well, fucking excuse the Mayor and DA for not checking with you on if the DA should charge officers for police brutality. 

“The officers were fired because I felt that is what had to occur. This does not mean for a moment that I will sit quietly by and watch our employees get swept up in the tsunami of political jockeying during an election year.”

So firing them should be where it ends. Seems these officers would just be free then to move on to the next PD and never actually be held accountable. 

Edited by mdmost

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, he lied by omission.  And no, we're not allowed to lynch anyone.  But failing to provide complete information painted an inaccurate picture.  Which is, indeed, a lie.

"Man punches other man in face."  That seems bad.

"Man punches the face of the dude who just groped his daughter."  While still not exemplary behavior, that's a pretty different story.

You know it.  Andy knows it.  His story was a lie by omission.  You know, in court, when you swear to tell the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth?  That's what it means.

There’s a big Atlanta based “news” outfit that deals squarely in the realm of lying by omission.  If you’re gonna call it out, call it out.

Btw, I’m all for calling it out my man.  All the fuckers who deal in it, and there’s a bunch of ‘em.

Just now, Cajun said:

There’s a big Atlanta based “news” outfit that deals squarely in the realm of lying by omission.  If you’re gonna call it out, call it out.

Btw, I’m all for calling it out my man.  All the fuckers who deal in it, and there’s a bunch of ‘em.

I miss the CNN that used to report the news. When they switched to match Fox News, it really started to suck. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I stand with women who can wear lululemon. I have respect for women who can't and therefore don't wear lululemon. Nature's balance. 

I just do not like their stuff, and find the quality for the $$ lacking.  

I like Define your Inspiration (Houston brand) and Sweaty Betty.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You don't know who Alex Jones is?  And why, just perhaps, some folks protesting for racial justice might not be too keen on him?

Ehh, a lot of people outside of Austin don't realize what we've known about him for decades.  They never got to enjoy his days on Austin Public Access when he was sandwiched between this guy:

spacer.png

And UT film school kids doing movie reviews.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

So what's the challenge?  To see how freaking stupid they can look?  That crap is beyond disgusting.

Seems really smart to post things like that on social media where people just love to find out who you are and destroy your life. 

• Like 2

So firing them should be where it ends. Seems these officers would just be free then to move on to the next PD and never actually be held accountable. 

Chief of Police and Mayor saw enough to warrant firing but not prosecuting. DA filed charges anyway. He’s up for re-election. It’s worth at least looking in to.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Casual Encounter said:

What the actual fuck? How are citizens supposed to know who to obey? Is this shit really happening?

While I'm in agreement with you - they should be identifying themselves, if you breach White House security, a world of shit will happen, and we could very well see people being "lit up" with real bullets.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Ehh, a lot of people outside of Austin don't realize what we've known about him for decades.  They never got to enjoy his days on Austin Public Access when he was sandwiched between this guy:

spacer.png

And UT film school kids doing movie reviews.

I remember that guy.  People would call in and bitch him out on his show.  It was always a good watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Je sui whatever that French place with the green boxes is

Goyard.  And I think your phrase is Je suis ___________.  Suis is the connation of the first person singular (Je, or I in Englsh) for the irregular verb être (i.e. to be).

So basically, Je suis reine translates into I am queen.  :)

Nous sommes Surly.  We are Surly.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The guy tweeting it is an MSNBC journalist so I'm inclined to take him at his word since he works for a big company. Internet sleuths think it's special ops prison officers.

Nothing ominous about that at all....

I am quite interested in the authority of the Federal Bureau of prisons to deploy paramilitary forces outside of Federal prisons.  In short, I wonder whether Barr is acting within his legal authority, or whether he should be enjoined from acting ultra vires.

30 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Other law enforcement agencies stopped helping Atlanta PD after the DA pressed charges against APD officers who used excessive force:

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/atlanta-police-chief-says-charges-against-officers-are-political/afQRm3nM431DlyGyqEjY3K/

Well, see, then they probably shouldn't have violated the law.  It's such an easy way to avoid facing criminal charges.

ALTERNATIVELY, if the argument is "oh yeah? Well you don't feel that way about civilians -- you want us to have GOOD reason before we file charges!"  Great, let's say that.  The problem is, the PD's response to that is "hey, if you're innocent, you'll have your chance to prove it in court."  So, cops.....goose and gander.  Perhaps this will make the police think twice about throwing every bullshit charge they can at people who happen to piss them off, forcing those people to spend time and money on attorneys.  I would find it amusingly ironic for a police force to become concerned with overcharging people with criminal offenses.

5 minutes ago, Cajun said:

And the next time I cite a misleading/lie-by-omission CNN story, call me out on it.  I tend not to rely on them for much but the most generic of news.  Really, when I cite ANY news source, I tend to cite only the objectively verifiable facts contained within such stories, so as to avoid slants/editorializing best I can.  I also try to check multiple sources if I can.

And yes, I preferred when CNN was just a news outfit.  Cable news punditry is pretty much hot garbage.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So many wonderful moments of lacking of self-awareness in that article. Such as this:

Well, fucking excuse the Mayor and DA for not checking with you on if the DA should charge officers for police brutality. 

Yep, her letter was pretty clear that they should be fired and only fired.

I spent approximately four hours on Sunday watching all of the available video of our officers’ incident involving the college students in downtown Atlanta. I went in believing our actions justified and understandable given the environment we find ourselves in; one that is highly dangerous and unpredictable. The more I watched and the more I listened it was apparent we were in the wrong. We gave conflicting instructions; we didn’t allow the driver or passenger a chance to respond – we created chaos and we escalated a low-level encounter into a space where we introduced violence. Once this occurs, we need to own it.

I personally know the terminated officers and they are good people and good cops. In a heated moment they made multiple mistakes and are being held accountable. Yes, it sucks, and I am beyond discouraged- I’ve been there, and I know just how hard this job is. But if we are ever going to change the narrative around policing, we must be committed to being accountable always, regardless of the situation or the additional stress it may bring. 

Our intention was to carry out an administrative investigation into the actions of the other officers on scene; criminal charges were never part of any discussion that I had with the Mayor or her administration. The criminal piece was brought to my attention yesterday through a fellow employee. Upon receiving the information, I called the DA and strongly expressed my concern, both to the appropriateness and the timing of any charges. Now that the charges have been announced, I’m very concerned with the space we find ourselves in, both tactically and emotionally. Multiple agencies that were assisting us in managing this incredibly volatile time have pulled out, effective immediately. They are not comfortable with their employees being leveraged politically by the potential of also facing criminal charges. 

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Seems really smart to post things like that on social media where people just love to find out who you are and destroy your life. 

Correct, when you see that level of common sense on display in front of the whole world, you how many drugs they did during childhood, or how many the parents did prior and during pregnancy.

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

While I'm in agreement with you - they should be identifying themselves, if you breach White House security, a world of shit will happen, and we could very well see people being "lit up" with real bullets.

I agree. I don’t care at all for the fuckery going in the White House but will never support or joke about harming any political figure. Voting is how we change this country and violence against any office is only warranted when our votes are ignored.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

This is wrong. Alex Jones is awful, yes. He shouldn't be physically assaulted in the streets. This isn't a third world country (usually)

For what he did to the families of the murdered kids, denying they were murdered and the parents were lying, he should lose everything.

Shit, I thought the expensive divorce and lawsuits should have put an end to him, but apparently male supplements is a profitable venture, otherwise he wouldn't have a nice house in Westlake or whatever, and wouldn't be able to buy or lease an armored vehicle..

Hey....when is BL going to start running video ads of male supplements?

• Like 1

Not sure if already posted:  Ellison Elevates Derek Chauvin Charges to 2nd Degree Murder + Charges For Other Cops

BREAKING: Attorney General Keith Ellison to elevate charges against former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin to second-degree murder; three other officers to be charged with aiding and abetting murder, sources say.

• Like 1