Apparently Chris D’Elia is a pedophile

youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That would be the guy lol. The comedian/actor that always hangs out with Joe Rogan, and Tom Segura and those guys. Pretty sure he actually played a role where he was a comedian who was a pedo in the show You. 

I'm a big fan of those guys, but never really took to D'Elia.  Something about his energy seemed off to me.

I think a big part of it is how he claims to have never once tried drugs or alcohol.  He's also weirdly and openly close with his parents on social media.  Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are sober, but their sobriety is a learned decision, if you will.  They know what they're missing (and don't miss it).

If someone has never once messed with chemical alteration of their mind, I initially wonder what fucked up impulse they're trying to bottle up.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mac8111 said:

He was Whitney Cummings boyfriend in her very short lived series. 

That’s where I first heard of him too, always dug Whitney. Can’t believe that show started all the way back in ‘11.

59 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Bryan Callen is one of his close friends, and this is what he said on his podcast today:

This podcast is terrible IMO lol. I like Callen, but Shaub is terrible. But they’re both pretty close with him. 

My favorite thing Callen did was "The Chicken" part of Carlos and and The Chicken in the Radio Wars episode of Frasier. 

I don't know who Brenda Schlob is but Callen and that other dude sound broken up. They must have been close friends with the dude. 

So is he like messing with 17 yr old type of pedophile or like "8 year olds, Dude" type of pedophile?

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm a big fan of those guys, but never really took to D'Elia.  Something about his energy seemed off to me.

I think a big part of it is how he claims to have never once tried drugs or alcohol.  He's also weirdly and openly close with his parents on social media.  Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are sober, but their sobriety is a learned decision, if you will.  They know what they're missing (and don't miss it).

If someone has never once messed with chemical alteration of their mind, I initially wonder what fucked up impulse they're trying to bottle up.

I’ve never done illegal drugs, rarely drink alcohol. Growing up everyone smoked and drank, not doing that stuff was just my way of standing out a little bit. Getting to my teen years & having friends of mine get shot, stabbed, beaten, robbed during drug deals made the choice even easier. Never felt the need to try it, still dont. But I guess I’m a piece of shit & there’s something deeply wrong with me though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’ve never done illegal drugs, rarely drink alcohol. Growing up everyone smoked and drank, not doing that stuff was just my way of standing out a little bit. Getting to my teen years & having friends of mine get shot, stabbed, beaten, robbed during drug deals made the choice even easier. Never felt the need to try it, still dont. But I guess I’m a piece of shit & there’s something deeply wrong with me though.

yeah, there is.  fucking weirdo. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

My favorite thing Callen did was "The Chicken" part of Carlos and and The Chicken in the Radio Wars episode of Frasier. 

I don't know who Brenda Schlob is but Callen and that other dude sound broken up. They must have been close friends with the dude. 

So is he like messing with 17 yr old type of pedophile or like "8 year olds, Dude" type of pedophile?

Basically he was talking to a few 16 year old girls who admitted they were16 in the texts, but he continued to peruse. Like three or four 16-17 year old girls with the same story. I don’t know if he ever actually fucked any of them, but he basically got Chris Hansen’d today all over Twitter by these girls. 

And I don’t know why they titled it like that but it’s Brendan Schaub. Former UFC fighter turned podcaster/terrible comedian who is really good friends with Joe Rogan. 

he could be having caligula-style orgies with 17 year old high school girls in front of a judge.  no problem.  even with 16 year olds in more than half of the 50 states and puerto rico!  I’m guessing he was in california though where you’re a dirty dirty criminal sex offender unless she’s 18.  tough luck, pal. 

11 minutes ago, futureman said:

so 16 or 17?  and what state?  decent chance here he’s not a pedophile at all!

I was kidding in my thread title. He isn’t a pedophile, but he got canceled today for sure. He’s guilty in the court of public opinion. I know he lives in LA like a lot of comedians (18 is age of consent in CA), but these happened on the road while he was on tour I think. So you might be right. Either way, career is probably done.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

20 hours ago, Helobious said:

My asshole older brothers provided me with a great deal of unintentional education by example that kept me from delving deeply into that bullshit. It didn't serve them well. My friends were mostly druggies and/or heavy weekend drinkers that would all rat each other out when they got caught doing stuff. It was a bit ironic that I was the only one that never narced on any of them. It was the "cool" ones that did. But at least we all liked the same music.

Edited by DougO

On 6/17/2020 at 11:31 PM, Helobious said:

That's precisely what I was saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2020 at 8:24 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

That would be the guy lol. The comedian/actor that always hangs out with Joe Rogan, and Tom Segura and those guys. Pretty sure he actually played a role where he was a comedian who was a pedo in the show You. 

i like all those comedians- Callen, Schaub, Diaz, Segura, Kreischer, Theo Von...but D'Elia always just seemed like an asshole and not funny at all.  And even though he is infinitely more famous and wealthy than those other guys combined, I think Rogan is the towards the bottom of that group as far as comedy.  But he knows what he is doing as far as building his brand  

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

i like all those comedians- Callen, Schaub, Diaz, Segura, Kreischer, Theo Von...but D'Elia always just seemed like an asshole and not funny at all.  And even though he is infinitely more famous and wealthy than those other guys combined, I think Rogan is the towards the bottom of that group as far as comedy.  But he knows what he is doing as far as building his brand  

I don't think Rogan is conversationally funny, but I like his stand up quite a bit.  Diaz is kind of the reverse of that.  I think his stand up is ok, but when he's rolling with one of his stories about being a piece of shit in Jersey as a kid, it's some of the funniest shit I've ever heard.  Or when he's getting his podcast producer insanely high and fucking with him.  I could listen to him and Kreischer trade stories all day.

D'Elia is definitely my least favorite of that group.  I don't like Schaub that much either, but he at least seems like a decent guy.

On 6/17/2020 at 11:31 PM, Helobious said:

TexArcher best me to it since I didn’t read through.  

Edited by Trey3216
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 1:14 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

I don't think Rogan is conversationally funny, but I like his stand up quite a bit.  Diaz is kind of the reverse of that.  I think his stand up is ok, but when he's rolling with one of his stories about being a piece of shit in Jersey as a kid, it's some of the funniest shit I've ever heard.  Or when he's getting his podcast producer insanely high and fucking with him.  I could listen to him and Kreischer trade stories all day.

D'Elia is definitely my least favorite of that group.  I don't like Schaub that much either, but he at least seems like a decent guy.

I've listened to all their podcasts regularly at one point in time, and I think I'm the opposite of you. Schaub wore on me enough to where I realized he wasn't that funny (certainly not as much as Callen) and I didn't respect him much as a person. But I feel you on delia coming off as an asshole, until I saw him interact with Bobby Lee (another podcast favorite of mine) and some others. He is a super good friend it seems like. So I took to liking him. 

I know we joke around here and as men in general that 18 is all good (and 17 in some states!) But if you're a popular comedian using your semi-fame as a 30-32 year old picking up 16-18 year olds off Twitter and Instagram..... Sorry but you're a weird piece of shit and I'd rather not associate. 

On 6/18/2020 at 1:04 AM, futureman said:

he could be having caligula-style orgies with 17 year old high school girls in front of a judge.  no problem.  even with 16 year olds in more than half of the 50 states and puerto rico!  I’m guessing he was in california though where you’re a dirty dirty criminal sex offender unless she’s 18.  tough luck, pal. 

Rob Lowe.  1988.

On 6/17/2020 at 9:44 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

Especially the fact that he's a comedian. Sorry, but a comedian needs to have come from a fucked up childhood with some issues relating to drugs and alcohol as an adult. 

• 1 month later...

He does a really funny 6 minutes on breaking down what goes on at Catholic Mass.  Being a Jewish Lutheran who has had to sit through 15 years of masses with my in-laws, it's spot-on and really funny.  Other than that, his delivery and verbal fillers annoy me.  I think some of his stuff is witty and original, but I just can't get over his comedic style.  That he may be a borderline pedophile, is enough to make me not bother with his next special.  

Takes about 90 seconds to get funny, and now that you can watch it through the lens of knowing he's suspected of some of the same shit he's making fun of is interesting:

Edited by Lobo

4 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

What's the story?

Regarding D’Elia, he released the full text conversation where he asked the girls if they were 18 and they said no.  He then ejected.

Callen is being accused of rape.  However, some of the stories occurred with other parties being present and they have been taking a Callen’s side.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 7:54 AM, Fondren & Main said:

Regarding D’Elia, he released the full text conversation where he asked the girls if they were 18 and they said no.  He then ejected.

Seems odd that it took this long for him to produce that. If it's legit and covers all of his accusers, then I hope he can sue the shit out of them. His career is basically over.

19 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Seems odd that it took this long for him to produce that. If it's legit and covers all of his accusers, then I hope he can sue the shit out of them. His career is basically over.

There's not much to sue. I don't think many of the accusations were necessarily of anything illegal, mayyyybe one of them. They were of him repeatedly hitting up teenagers (in some cases 17, where legal) while he was in his early-to-mid 30s.  But as I said insinuated upthread, legality isn't the issue.