hornbri

DKR planning for 50% capacity for the fall

4 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

With or without a mask on?

The Canadian government suggests using gloryholes during the pandemic. The more you know...

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

The Canadian government suggests using gloryholes during the pandemic. The more you know...

cda17fdfe35397f0958786e3d829cc32.png

That kind of glory hole?

Edited by Dnaguy

9 hours ago, Captainant said:

Actually the alumni for LHB are pretty cleanly split 50/50 on the issue. It caused a bit of a rift in the alumni band since even the officers were divided on the issue.

Turns out, old alums generally want students to shut up and play and more recent alums of LHB (yo) kind of don't give a shit since we're cool with the students making the band their own and reflective of the values they want to see.

And I agree with @DalTxHornFan - the current director of bands Scott Hanna is the fucking worst. He conducts shit at weird tempos, fills the books in the stands with all sorts of shitty tags and never plays any traditionals besides Grandioso.

Only there's a lot more older alumni of LHB than younger.  Well, depending on how you define old I guess.  I'm 42 so I'm definitely old :)

I see LHB as a service organization, and that's how Paula Crider who was Director during my time in LHB clearly positioned it to my class.  If you're in service to the University, and the University has gone through all the negotiations with stakeholders to come to conclusion to save The Eyes as the school song, you play it.  If you have a personal issue playing The Eyes, you should stand on your principles and quit LHB, fight for justice, whatever.  My $0.02

How pushy were they?

Not at all. They said up front they are not calling to change my mind or discuss what is still unknown.

The only topic was the reiterated the importance of the foundation support during this time and asked whether I was willing to donate all or a portion for 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk