So uh, apparently this is how HS football players style themselves in 2020

shadow_operative

27 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

They must have stolen those sunglasses from their moms. If you wear white sunglasses you are a douche of unimaginable proportions.  My gay business partner/long time friend wouldn't be caught dead in white sunglasses, the man was a GQ cover every day.

Reminds me of a work story from years ago. We were drilling on a commercial job and the GC's superintendents son was working for him.  The kid wore white sunglasses to work every day.  Of course our superintendent gave his dad holy hell over it every day, calling the kid every gay slur in the book. After a few weeks of this abuse our supt apologized.

"Man I'm sorry about all the crap I've given you about your kid and his glasses.  To tell you the truth, my kid wears white sunglasses all the freaking time,.....,..........BUT SHE SQUATS TO PISS AND ISN'T A F***** LIKE YOUR KID"!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Reminds me of a work story from years ago. We were drilling on a commercial job and the GC's superintendents son was working for him.  The kid wore white sunglasses to work every day.  Of course our superintendent gave his dad holy hell over it every day, calling the kid every gay slur in the book. After a few weeks of this abuse our supt apologized.

"Man I'm sorry about all the crap I've given you about your kid and his glasses.  To tell you the truth, my kid wears white sunglasses all the freaking time,.....,..........BUT SHE SQUATS TO PISS AND ISN'T A F***** LIKE YOUR KID"!

Hilarious. 🙄

58 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

They must have stolen those sunglasses from their moms. If you wear white sunglasses you are a douche of unimaginable proportions.  My gay business partner/long time friend wouldn't be caught dead in white sunglasses, the man was a GQ cover every day.

Counterpoint:

max-headroom-with-white-sunglasses-rare-

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, destroya said:

So posting random pictures of two high school kids is how the OP maintains equilibrium and lives his best life.  Better than raging on the basketball forum... not really.  

He also comes on random threads that he isn't participating in to tell people having a nuanced, intellectual conversation to shut up and take it somewhere else. 

4 minutes ago, destroya said:

So posting random pictures of two high school kids is how the OP maintains equilibrium and lives his best life.  Better than raging on the basketball forum... not really.  

“Living your best life” hasn’t included being a longhorn fan for about 8 years- 7 if I’m being kind.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He also comes on random threads that he isn't participating in to tell people having a nuanced, intellectual conversation to shut up and take it somewhere else. 

jesus christ, so this is why you're being pissy. the reason that i had *stopped* participating in the thread (along with everyone else) is because you, troph, and rex hijacked The Joe Rogan thread with an interminable, nuanced, intellectual conversation *about whether or not transgender athletes (M2F) have inherent athletic advantages over athletes who were born without Y chromosomes*. your never ending walls of text were a huge thread derailment, and if the roles were reversed you'd be bitching about how i was derailing the thread with a ranting, tangential conversation. facts.

which is a good segue to my next point: it's funny how people like you and @destroya literally do the things that whine about me supposedly doing in. i "rage all over the basketball board" he says as he rages about upset he is that i started this thread. you guys whine, complain, and get upset over pointless shit 10x more than I do, but don't let that stop you from doing it anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

A football uniform and white sunglasses isn't what I expected to see. Why is this a thread? /serious

uh, since when is bunching up your shorts like a girl a part of playing football? the short shorts in basketball look dumb enough, but now they're doing it in football too? "that boy ain't right" comes to mind. 

29 minutes ago, ztejas said:

also, how does you coming into this thread (- (a thread you aren't participating in) just to derail it with your whiny crap about something that happened in another forum give you the high ground? you seriously don't see the disconnect, do you?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Tell us more about this ‘gay business partner / long time friend’.  

Just kidding.  Please don’t.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Tell us more about this ‘gay business partner / long time friend’.  

Just kidding.  Please don’t.  

bro, let art happen.

“It was all fun and games... until I murdered his wife...”

Boom- next fucking Truman Capote. 

• Haha 1

It was a cross promotion between VYPE (covers Austin area high school sports) and Whataburger. The sunglasses are Whataburger branded on the side.

Multiple high schools from around the area had their football and volleyball players take photos for VYPE today posing in the glasses.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

also, how does you coming into this thread (- (a thread you aren't participating in) just to derail it with your whiny crap about something that happened in another forum give you the high ground? you seriously don't see the disconnect, do you?

This is just a fuck ass bullshit thread for one. 

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Wait, is OP derka?  Cuz it is very derka-esque to get into these pissing matches.

all i did was post the photo. it was other people (as usual) who came in here whining about all kinds of nonsense and starting drama. 

also, i'm not sure you know what "pissing match" means. posters getting reflexively upset at me does not a pissing match make. 

Edited by shadow_operative

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

all i did was post the photo. it was other people (as usual) who came in here whining about all kinds of nonsense and starting drama. 

also, i'm not sure you know what "pissing match" means. posters getting reflexively upset at me does not a pissing match make. 

If you needed proof the OP was Derka, here it is. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Wait, is OP derka?  Cuz it is very derka-esque to get into these pissing matches.

Shit, could be...

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Did @Goo Punch get bannanated?

I’m intrigued...

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

Im not sure I know what "pissing match" means.

Nope.  Definitely not Derka 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Derka’d