Jump to content
Bevo VIII

BIG is getting embarrassing

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yeah, I don't disagree.

But if the committee could actually engage in critical thinking skills they could realize that no other conference played non conference games.  You think Mississippi State and Virginia and Iowa weren't all capable of losing to a bunch of mid majors had they played last week?  I realize you get that, and the issue is with the committee that has made it their mission to bend over backwards for the Big 10 and SEC.

Losses to Arkansas State, Louisiana and Coastal Carolina are death knells. Sorry. Doesn't matter what other conferences do or don't do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It's going to be infuriating seeing Ohio State get set up with a patsy schedule and making it into the playoffs despite playing nearly a whole month less than everyone else.

Well they are playing 8 games vs our 10. One of our games is against a G5 patsy. And (no offense) part of our league appears to be G5 caliber. So I don't see a big SOS difference. What will make me mad is if tOSU is given a schedule of all the league's weaker teams. At least we are still playing a full round robin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 'stache said:

Well they are playing 8 games vs our 10. One of our games is against a G5 patsy. And (no offense) part of our league appears to be G5 caliber. So I don't see a big SOS difference. What will make me mad is if tOSU is given a schedule of all the league's weaker teams. At least we are still playing a full round robin.

You know this is coming, right?

Their draws from the west are going to be Nebraska and Illinois.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I am not sure either of us has the brand to carry a playoff bid under these circumstances. OU's reputation is "they kill the weak Big 12 and then get whipped in the playoff". Our reputation is "Texas is back HURRRRR". We really could have used a win over LSU. If either of us runs the table and our best win is over the other, we could be on the outside looking in. 

An undefeated B12 Champion will earn a CFP bid...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

8 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I am not sure either of us has the brand to carry a playoff bid under these circumstances. OU's reputation is "they kill the weak Big 12 and then get whipped in the playoff". Our reputation is "Texas is back HURRRRR". We really could have used a win over LSU. If either of us runs the table and our best win is over the other, we could be on the outside looking in. 

I have no idea what you're talking about.  An undefeated Texas or OU is in.  Same as any other year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No question there will be cancellations. Does a 6-0 Ohio State deserve a playoff spot behind a 8-1 LSU who finished 2nd in the SEC? Goes back to the old argument of whether you want the best teams from each conference in it, or just the best 4.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

An undefeated B12 Champion will earn a CFP bid...

Not if they lost to Arkansas State or Louisiana. (Not even listing Kansas)  

Edited by HoffaJimmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Parliament said:

No question there will be cancelations. Does a 6-0 Ohio State deserve a playoff spot behind a 8-1 LSU who finished 2nd in the SEC? Goes back to the old argument of whether you want the best teams from each conference in it, or just the best 4.
 

I'm sure when they win it all at 6-0 with 2 injuries to Clemson's 12-1 and 10 injuries it won't start a debate at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoffaJimmy said:

Not if they lost to Arkansas State or Louisiana. (Not even bother listing Kansas)  

Bruh lol... ISU and KSU are just hoping for bowl eligibility at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, B00M said:

Bruh lol... ISU and KSU are just hoping for bowl eligibility at this point

I don't disagree just pointing out that if they somehow go on a run in conference and win the Big 12 they aren't "guaranteed" to get it like the poster I quoted said. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

An undefeated B12 Champion will earn a CFP bid...

 

5 minutes ago, HoffaJimmy said:

Not if they lost to Arkansas State or Louisiana. (Not even listing Kansas)  

Reading is hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Parliament said:

No question there will be cancellations. Does a 6-0 Ohio State deserve a playoff spot behind a 8-1 LSU who finished 2nd in the SEC? Goes back to the old argument of whether you want the best teams from each conference in it, or just the best 4.

 

 

 

 

I'd rather they say screw it this year and forget about a "national championship" and just schedule some great bowl matchups

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Pretty sure the PSU dude said 30% of all football players everywhere have it, so it must still be a thing.

but but we can't play because of myocarditis. If one player dies in the Big 10 now due to it the lawsuit may bankrupt the entire conference. 😂

Edited by tjhooker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

that "1" in Penn State / Michigan's record will probably come at Ohio State's hands, so

In terms of playoff competitiveness, the Big Ten is Ohio State and 13 nationally irrelevant programs. the only thing that will keep Ohio State out of the playoff for the foreseeable future is if Ryan Day is prone to the kind of "meh, whatevs" coaching decisions that caused the Purdue and Iowa losses in 2018 and 2017. they looked like a program that had corrected its few Urban Meyer era weaknesses last year. 

After Oklahoma who's nationally relevant in the Big 12 currently?  Penn State and Wisconsin are currently more relevant programs than any Big 12 program not named Oklahoma.

 

Downvotes expected but it's true.

Edited by VABuckeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VABuckeye said:

Penn State and Wisconsin are currently more relevant programs than any Big 12 program not named Oklahoma.

Bullshit. Fuck yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

 

Clever Girl, Reddit.  Stark departure from the groupthink, glad-handing bullshit you typically perpetuate.

Edited by Gravy Train

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Tosu schedule leaked

maryland

Rutgers

indiana

illinois

purdue

northwestern

nebraska

michigan

Rather kind of the B1G office to keep the Pedos and Sparty (who, you know, are in the B1G East) off tOSU's schedule, giving them as easy a path to 8-0 as possible.

Fuck them and the B1G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tex Pete said:

Bullshit. Fuck yourself.

Line Texas' record and final ranking for the last 10 years up with Wisconsin and Penn State and prove me wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dutch said:

Rather kind of the B1G office to keep the Pedos and Sparty (who, you know, are in the B1G East) off tOSU's schedule, giving them as easy a path to 8-0 as possible.

Fuck them and the B1G.

That's not the schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

After Oklahoma who's nationally relevant in the Big 12 currently?  Penn State and Wisconsin are currently more relevant programs than any Big 12 program not named Oklahoma.

 

Downvotes expected but it's true.

 

1 minute ago, VABuckeye said:

Line Texas' record and final ranking for the last 10 years up with Wisconsin and Penn State and prove me wrong.

Unsurprisingly based on your username, you don’t seem to know the definition of the word relevant.
 

Unless of course you mean relevant as in relevant to this year’s playoff conversation, in which case the last ten years’ records are wholly irrelevant to that conversation, and then you still come off sounding extremely stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Line Texas' record and final ranking for the last 10 years up with Wisconsin and Penn State and prove me wrong.

Tell me about those teams' "big wins." Neither has beaten shit but the Rust Belt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

 

Unsurprisingly based on your username, you don’t seem to know the definition of the word relevant.
 

Unless of course you mean relevant as in relevant to this year’s playoff conversation, in which case the last ten years’ records are wholly irrelevant to that conversation, and then you still come off sounding extremely stupid. 

As does any post that deems the rest of the B1G irrelevant when at least 6 teams will be ranked when the B1G is added back to the polls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Tell me about those teams' "big wins." Neither has beaten shit but the Rust Belt.

Wisconsin has wins over LSU and Auburn off the top of my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOL LOL LOL Devastating news for the Coronabros. Lockdown fever is fading fast and no-one cares much about what St. Fauci has to say anymore

Can’t wait for an explosion of cases cause Americans are stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Macklemore said:
LOL LOL LOL Devastating news for the Coronabros. Lockdown fever is fading fast and no-one cares much about what St. Fauci has to say anymore

I listen to doctors, but it is not like we don't have months of Europeans playing soccer and other sports playing along with these new testing methods. If everybody starts getting COVID that will be one thing but I have a hard time thinking anybody thinks we are being reckless here. Games are being cancelled and players are sitting out if they test positive. It is not like outbreaks are not happening anyway. I do think we should be cautious and be testing and all.

I guess I could be wrong but the whole 'EVERYBODY IGNORE DOCTORS NOW!!!111' thing is a little weak. 

I disagree that the Big 10 sold out here, but I also disagree with your take.

Edited by Valmy77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

As does any post that deems the rest of the B1G irrelevant when at least 6 teams will be ranked when the B1G is added back to the polls.

Ah, so now we’re looking at this year’s polls, in which case you would agree that saying a team that’s currently #9 in the country isn’t nationally relevant would be a stupid thing to say, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

 

Reading is hard. 

 

Yeah that's my fuck up I was reading it as undefeated in the Big 12 not overall. 100% agree that if any Big 12 team is undefeated they will be in the playoff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

LOL LOL LOL Devastating news for the Coronabros. Lockdown fever is fading fast and no-one cares much about what St. Fauci has to say anymore

Negged for your specific flagrant retardery, but wow between that lady and this dude and the sides they represent everyone in the Midwest comes out looking like a moron

 

Edited by texifornia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Negged for your specific flagrant retardery, but wow between that lady and this dude and the sides they represent everyone in the Midwest comes out looking like a moron

 

Sorry for being happy about a semblance of a real season happening with big time schools like Ohio State joining the fold. The legitimacy of the national championship that we are trying to win this year is boosted with the B1G playing. Won’t feel bad about gloating and licking the tears of Karen Rovell, Wolken, Brennan and the like 

Edited by Macklemore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Macklemore said:
LOL LOL LOL Devastating news for the Coronabros. Lockdown fever is fading fast and no-one cares much about what St. Fauci has to say anymore

Coronabros? Fuck you. Tell that to 200,000+ dead Americans 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

After Oklahoma who's nationally relevant in the Big 12 currently?  Penn State and Wisconsin are currently more relevant programs than any Big 12 program not named Oklahoma.

 

Downvotes expected but it's true.

Just ask your B1G commissioner if they would rather have Wisconsin or Texas in their league. Hopefully his laughter doesn't offend your delicate sensibilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

King Buck'Zach has the latest, his 1st tweet is correct and laughable for a conference that suspended play in the name of player safety. Parents celebrate. Forde is def a bitch. Dan gives Zach the attention he seeks.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...