Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
bad_teammate

Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

News flash: we already have health care rationing.
Yeah, try dealing with end of life care for an elderly person. That's when you find out how far the insurance is willing to cover things that won't make them recover, but might prolong life a little bit. Once you see the cost estimates, you have to make a lot of adult decisions about priorities, cost effectiveness of treatment, the wishes of the person and then balance all of that against your conscience. It's not easy, especially when their wishes go against the one thing that would keep them alive.

Any kind of socialized medicine is going to eventually involve rationing of care (Oh you are how old?  well you aren't going to be viable for this procedure, go home and die.).  It's the only way to maintain affordibility.  If health care is ran by the government the government is going to eventually come up with regulations involving who can get what kind of medical treatment and when and where they can get it.  It won't be the patient making the decision it will be the government.

Currently, without socialized medicine, insurance companies make those decisions, not the patient.

19 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Currently, without socialized medicine, insurance companies make those decisions, not the patient.

2020-2030 gonna be a hell of a ride for anybody in healthcare imo. 

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

It's amazing how thoroughly a private industry has convinced people in this country that they make their own health care decisions. 

It’s clear that most people thinking that M4A somehow empowers patients in the medical decision making process relative to private insurance or MA don’t really understand how Medicare works.

37 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's amazing how thoroughly a private industry has convinced people in this country that they make their own health care decisions. 

It’s amazing the delusion required to think that turning management of the system over to the government is going to change that. 

I fucking knew it.

Norma McCorvey did SO MUCH damage to millions of women with her conversion propaganda.

The law should not be subject to the whims and emotions and vagaries of a single individual.

I think I hate her more now. If her change of heart was genuine then so be it. But the fact that it was a paid for lie makes me see red.

a nearly 50-year grift. so the radical right and republican party really have been grifters and truly evil my whole life. I haven't been imagining it.

btw, that $500k then is equivalent to about $2.9M now

On 3/3/2019 at 6:34 PM, scottsins said:

It's okay if grandma dies as long as UHC keeps paying the dividend! They even say it out loud now. 

The “AKA Jane Roe” documentary is now on Hulu.

I’m watching now and my blood is boiling.

I recorded it Friday night and just got done watching it. I gotta say, I'm really surprised at the reaction of this documentary. I can understand why the pro-choice side is now mocking pro lifers because the woman in the court case they want to overturn was able to be paid to flip her story. I get that. But damn this is a blow to the pro choice movement. Think about how many people were swayed because of this story she was paid to tell. When you think of abortion who doesn't think of Roe v Wade? Roe was seemingly pro life for over 20 years. That's a lot of influence and it was all bought and paid for. Norma is certainly no hero to anyone in this debate but I thought it was a great film.

wait, what? I haven't watched it yet, but it appears you got the exact opposite reaction from what was intended. 

How so? Is the intent on making Roe out to be the hero for the pro choice movement? She fought against it in the public eye for more than 20 years. 

Uh, you need to rewatch.

The “pro-life” crowd has spent 25 years crowing that Jane Roe regretted being the plaintiff in Roe v. Wade.

(Not getting into the fact that Jane Roe never actually had an abortion to regret.)

Now it turns out their poster girl was pissed the Pro-Choice groups wouldn’t let her speak at a Washington march. And Operation Rescue would.

Her “conversion” was not motivated by a sincere change of heart - it was motivated by greed and a need for attention.

Even the priest who used to lead Operation Rescue admits that they used her and paid her and fed her talking points.

The laws of this country are not based on the whims and changeable desires of one person. It doesn’t matter what Norma McCorvey believed.

And thank goodness it doesn’t - because it turns out all Norma McCorvey believed in was her right to be an attention seeking money grabber.

Only one group was dishonest enough to pay a damaged woman to be their mascot.

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion