Markets still falling like whoa

10 minutes ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

I couldn't tell if he was high AF, or hacked.  Now looks more like he was hacked.

Who knows with that dude. Simultaneously the biggest asset and biggest risk that TSLA has. 

giphy.gif

I seem to recall hearing CEOs on earnings calls saying they thought their stock price was too low. No one in their right mind would ever think of saying it was too high, but here we are.

Just thinking that if the former is ok, perhaps the latter is too?

57 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I seem to recall hearing CEOs on earnings calls saying they thought their stock price was too low. No one in their right mind would ever think of saying it was too high, but here we are.

Just thinking that if the former is ok, perhaps the latter is too?

Unless they file a form 4 showing Elon bought another 30000 shares today. 

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

must be nice to be a billionaire getting  high af on a Friday morning and deciding to troll the market shit posting. 

He and Claire are expecting a baby on Monday. 

As for his statement, anyone looking at the market understands it is bubblelicious. Tesla is not immune. 

Market tanked today on Chinese tariffs and USG defaulting on obligations held by China. Default talk is poison in our MMT environment. 

13 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

As for his statement, anyone looking at the market understands it is bubblelicious. Tesla is not immune. 

Of course TSLA is a bubble, but probably the most important responsibility of a CEO is to protect and increase shareholder value.  Saying your stock is overpriced is a complete dereliction of duty.  But he's untouchable so nothing will happen.  I just wonder how many $750 puts the cunt held going into today.

Oh, forgot but he also had another tweet saying he was selling all his assets including his home.  Sounds reasonable for someone expecting a baby in the next few days.  Guy is a complete loon and his followers are a fucking cult.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Of course TSLA is a bubble, but probably the most important responsibility of a CEO is to protect and increase shareholder value.  Saying your stock is overpriced is a complete dereliction of duty.  But he's untouchable so nothing will happen.  I just wonder how many $750 puts the cunt held going into today.

Oh, forgot but he also had another tweet saying he was selling all his assets including his home.  Sounds reasonable for someone expecting a baby in the next few days.  Guy is a complete loon and his followers are a fucking cult.

Closed yesterday at 760 so the 750put was justly worthless at 1$.  Stock also trended up the entire pre-market this morning...and yet there was a pop on the volume of that same-day expiring opti

Well worth it if you got

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I thought I would make a move or two today but have no idea what Monday is going to bring.  Sometimes doing nothing is a good enough move.

Yeah. I’ve been slowing buying back in and thought today might be another buy point but then decided against it.

i figure the reopening is priced in, so less than perfect execution or unexpected news can be nothing but bad. 

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah. I’ve been slowing buying back in and thought today might be another buy point but then decided against it.

i figure the reopening is priced in, so less than perfect execution or unexpected news can be nothing but bad. 

I’m buying in to it. Which means we are in for pain. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Emotional investing is a mistake. 

Watch whether people you trust in the market buy TLSA with the dip. I don't have any doubt TSLA is under pressure with the shutdown of the Fremont plant. California is playing the virus conservatively, unlike other states (see GA and TX), so he has reason for concern when that plant will reopen. The dip in oil price will create less demand for EV, so price that into the equation as well. And then look at whether TSLA still carries the same cachet in the luxury brands market. 

Is TLSA overpriced? Everyone knows that but the question is whether those who want TLSA will be able to buy it at this price in the future. Hence - the bubble. 

Musk lost $3 billion with the drop today. The tweet was part of the equation that included tariffs and the talk of defaulting on US "debt" held by China. That rips through TLSA and Apple core business model. Apple and Tesla don't want a war with China. They lose big in that scenario. Chinese can just nationalize their property - IP and all - if we default. 

6 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Emotional investing is a mistake.  Watch whether people you trust in the market buy TLSA with the dip. I don't have any doubt TSLA is under pressure with the shutdown of the Fremont plant. California is playing the virus conservatively, unlike other states (see GA and TX), so he has reason for concern when that plant will reopen. The dip in oil price will create less demand for EV, so price that into the equation as well. And then look at whether TSLA still carries the same cachet in the luxury brands market.   Is TLSA overpriced? Everyone knows that but the question is whether those who want TLSA will be able to buy it at this price in the future. Hence - the bubble.  Musk lost $3 billion with the drop today. The tweet was part of the equation that included tariffs and the talk of defaulting on US "debt" held by China. That rips through TLSA and Apple core business model. Apple and Tesla don't want a war with China. They lose big in that scenario. Chinese can just nationalize their property - IP and all - if we default. 

Some of Elon's Cult??

19 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Apple and Tesla don't want a war with China. They lose big in that scenario. Chinese can just nationalize their property - IP and all - if we default. 

I guess most forget that they're totalitarian.

Edited by workswithseed
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

I moved all my retirement accounts in to pure cash before today’s drop.  I am fucking petrified of this market.  Nothing matters except tweets anymore apparently.  Tariffs appear to be the one thing this market responds to.

I did the same a week ago and watched the market climb.  I swear the Institutional investors watch my account and act accordingly.  I did keep my Mutuals, thankfully.

This was thursday

First-quarter earnings from the electric auto maker released Wednesday afternoon did contain clear positives. Sales of just under $6 billion and total vehicle deliveries of just under 89,000 topped analyst expectations, and Tesla was able to eke out a $16 million net profit, thanks to a record $354 million in regulatory credit sales. Its automotive sales drop of 19% from the fourth quarter was milder than expected as shelter-in-place orders hampered its ability to deliver cars.

Yet investors are ignoring obvious trouble spots in key areas: Tesla didn’t reiterate guidance issued back in January, when the company said it would “comfortably exceed” 500,000 deliveries. Curiously, accounts receivable of $1.27 billion barely fell from the end of 2019, despite the lack of usual end-of-quarter sales rush.

While the coronavirus crisis has ravaged the automotive industry, the bubble in Tesla stock has actually inflated further on a relative basis: Its market value of about $150 billion is nearly triple the combined values of Ford and General Motors. Tesla shares aren’t far from their record high. Luxury cars typically aren’t strong performers when the world is facing a major recession and electric vehicles become less appealing when oil prices are near multidecade lows.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Most businesses had enough momentum, backlog, billed work, etc so that April wasn’t too bad. May will be a bloodbath.

I'd hope 3rd Qtr 10ks will be the bottom, possibly YE.  By then we should have a pretty good indication if the economy is regressing or progressing as I hope at a much faster rate in 2021.

32 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I would have thought there would have been a much larger decline. 

For Retail I think the numbers that moved to online are shocking. Since national retailers and amazon collect sales tax that is a benefit. 

May will still be worse so not a lot of new things started April. 

1 hour ago, BevoSwag said:

For anyone interested the 2020 Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting is about to start at 3pm today on Yahoo Finance.  Live stream due to COVID19.

https://finance.yahoo.com/brklivestream/

Thanks!!

Watching it on YouTube Yahoo Finance Channel right now. Click below to Watch Live on YouTube!! 😁  

Edited by LTtxfan

I managed to listen to the entire broadcast and I cannot imagine how he lasted 4 1/2 hours.  I'm about 8 years younger than Warren and I had to go to the bathroom 3 times :).  

His sidekick had very little to say and if he is the heir apparent we may be in for 1 hour shareholder meetings.

Edited by BevoSwag