Jump to content
Machinator

Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Close.

Bear Bryant and gene stallings went 1-9,  7-2-1, 9-0-1 (with a post season ban for recruiting violations)  and 8-3. 

Ok, stallings was a player not coach, but point stands that with Bear their average record would be 7-3... round up to 8-4

Stallings coached at aggy and went 27-

-45-1.

His wiki is completely aggy for his tenure at aggy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Stallings

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Stallings coached at aggy and went 27-

-45-1.

His wiki is completely aggy for his tenure at aggy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Stallings

 

Stallings is a family friend.  And I can’t stand him.  He’s a world class asshole.  He used to hunt at my granddads ranch in South Texas. One time he was hunting and was supposed to kill an 8 point management buck.  I’m  hunting nearest to him so I drive him in my Jeep and drop him off.  

My stand is less than 1,000 yards away.  It was a calm morning with no wind.  I hear him shoot.  I knew it was him. The next closest hunter was a couple miles away.  If you hunt a lot like me, you know the difference between a hit and a miss by the sound.  This was a clear hit.  

So i wait about an hour and go pick him up.  I’m 24 at the time.  He’s probably in his 60s.  This was 2001.  

I pull up in the Jeep and ask him where the deer is.  He says he missed.  I asked if he was sure.  He said he was.  I asked again and say it sure sounded like a hit.  He said he missed and that he was shooting at an 8 point 400 yards the opposite direction of the feeder.  That sounded like bullshit.  But I didn’t want to argue with my granddads friend.   So we get in the Jeep and go drive that way looking for blood.  Find nothing after looking for 20 minutes.  Head back to camp to eat.  

After breakfast I grab my cousin (age 18) and we go back.  We drive to the feeder.  There is blood everywhere.  And a dead yearling 6 point 50 yards from the feeder on the edge of the brush.  This was opening morning.  So it was his kill.  Fucking liar.  But an aggy never lies, cheats or steals right?

We told my granddad and took the deer back to clean and tag (mld).   Not sure if he ever said anything.  But that fucker never was invited back.  Everyone makes mistakes hunting and it wouldn’t have been that big of a deal. But he lied his ass off to me.  

Bonus story.  That trip we flew down in my granddad’s King Air.  The plan was for Gene, my cousin and me to fly back.  Drop Gene off in Dallas and then my cousin and me in Houston. But when we took off we learned Dallas was fogged in.  So pilots decided to fly to Houston to drop us off, get more fuel and then take Gene to Dallas when the fog was cleared.  We were on the way when pilots told him of change of plans.  God he was pissed and yelled at the pilots.  I guess that dumb fucking aggy wanted to cruise around Dallas and run out of fuel waiting for the fog to clear.  

One more about him.  We had one tv at the ranch back then.  A big screen in the lodge.  I had the remote and was watching Texas play someone decent.  Think it was a Big 12 team like K State or Okie State.  Back then the sec sucked and was boring as shut with the run, run pass punt crap.  He wanted to watch shitty ass Bama play some other boring sec team.  Remember, this is 2001. We are in the national title hunt. Bama is shit and whatever team they played was shit.  I told him no.  I was watching Texas and wasn’t changing  the channel.  Zero fucks given. 

I have a low opinion of that aggy.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Stallings is a family friend.  And I can’t stand him.  He’s a world class asshole.  He used to hunt at my granddads ranch in South Texas. One time he was hunting and was supposed to kill an 8 point management buck.  I’m  hunting nearest to him so I drive him in my Jeep and drop him off.  

My stand is less than 1,000 yards away.  It was a calm morning with no wind.  I hear him shoot.  I knew it was him. The next closest hunter was a couple miles away.  If you hunt a lot like me, you know the difference between a hit and a miss by the sound.  This was a clear hit.  

So i wait about an hour and go pick him up.  I’m 24 at the time.  He’s probably in his 60s.  This was 2001.  

I pull up in the Jeep and ask him where the deer is.  He says he missed.  I asked if he was sure.  He said he was.  I asked again and say it sure sounded like a hit.  He said he missed and that he was shooting at an 8 point 400 yards the opposite direction of the feeder.  That sounded like bullshit.  But I didn’t want to argue with my granddads friend.   So we get in the Jeep and go drive that way looking for blood.  Find nothing after looking for 20 minutes.  Head back to camp to eat.  

After breakfast I grab my cousin (age 18) and we go back.  We drive to the feeder.  There is blood everywhere.  And a dead yearling 6 point 50 yards from the feeder on the edge of the brush.  This was opening morning.  So it was his kill.  Fucking liar.  But an aggy never lies, cheats or steals right?

We told my granddad and took the deer back to clean and tag (mld).   Not sure if he ever said anything.  But that fucker never was invited back.  Everyone makes mistakes hunting and it wouldn’t have been that big of a deal. But he lied his ass off to me.  

Bonus story.  That trip we flew down in my granddad’s King Air.  The plan was for Gene, my cousin and me to fly back.  Drop Gene off in Dallas and then my cousin and me in Houston. But when we took off we learned Dallas was fogged in.  So pilots decided to fly to Houston to drop us off, get more fuel and then take Gene to Dallas when the fog was cleared.  We were on the way when pilots told him of change of plans.  God he was pissed and yelled at the pilots.  I guess that dumb fucking aggy wanted to cruise around Dallas and run out of fuel waiting for the fog to clear.  

One more about him.  We had one tv at the ranch back then.  A big screen in the lodge.  I had the remote and was watching Texas play someone decent.  Think it was a Big 12 team like K State or Okie State.  Back then the sec sucked and was boring as shut with the run, run pass punt crap.  He wanted to watch shitty ass Bama play some other boring sec team.  Remember, this is 2001. We are in the national title hunt. Bama is shit and whatever team they played was shit.  I told him no.  I was watching Texas and wasn’t changing  the channel.  Zero fucks given. 

I have a low opinion of that aggy.  

You did the right thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stallings is a family friend.  And I can’t stand him.  He’s a world class asshole.  He used to hunt at my granddads ranch in South Texas. One time he was hunting and was supposed to kill an 8 point management buck.  I’m  hunting nearest to him so I drive him in my Jeep and drop him off.  
My stand is less than 1,000 yards away.  It was a calm morning with no wind.  I hear him shoot.  I knew it was him. The next closest hunter was a couple miles away.  If you hunt a lot like me, you know the difference between a hit and a miss by the sound.  This was a clear hit.  
So i wait about an hour and go pick him up.  I’m 24 at the time.  He’s probably in his 60s.  This was 2001.  
I pull up in the Jeep and ask him where the deer is.  He says he missed.  I asked if he was sure.  He said he was.  I asked again and say it sure sounded like a hit.  He said he missed and that he was shooting at an 8 point 400 yards the opposite direction of the feeder.  That sounded like bullshit.  But I didn’t want to argue with my granddads friend.   So we get in the Jeep and go drive that way looking for blood.  Find nothing after looking for 20 minutes.  Head back to camp to eat.  
After breakfast I grab my cousin (age 18) and we go back.  We drive to the feeder.  There is blood everywhere.  And a dead yearling 6 point 50 yards from the feeder on the edge of the brush.  This was opening morning.  So it was his kill.  Fucking liar.  But an aggy never lies, cheats or steals right?
We told my granddad and took the deer back to clean and tag (mld).   Not sure if he ever said anything.  But that fucker never was invited back.  Everyone makes mistakes hunting and it wouldn’t have been that big of a deal. But he lied his ass off to me.  
Bonus story.  That trip we flew down in my granddad’s King Air.  The plan was for Gene, my cousin and me to fly back.  Drop Gene off in Dallas and then my cousin and me in Houston. But when we took off we learned Dallas was fogged in.  So pilots decided to fly to Houston to drop us off, get more fuel and then take Gene to Dallas when the fog was cleared.  We were on the way when pilots told him of change of plans.  God he was pissed and yelled at the pilots.  I guess that dumb fucking aggy wanted to cruise around Dallas and run out of fuel waiting for the fog to clear.  
One more about him.  We had one tv at the ranch back then.  A big screen in the lodge.  I had the remote and was watching Texas play someone decent.  Think it was a Big 12 team like K State or Okie State.  Back then the sec sucked and was boring as shut with the run, run pass punt crap.  He wanted to watch shitty ass Bama play some other boring sec team.  Remember, this is 2001. We are in the national title hunt. Bama is shit and whatever team they played was shit.  I told him no.  I was watching Texas and wasn’t changing  the channel.  Zero fucks given. 
I have a low opinion of that aggy.  

Humblebrag quota exceeded. Nah, JK...cool stories of an a-hole aggy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Stallings is a family friend.  And I can’t stand him.  He’s a world class asshole.  He used to hunt at my granddads ranch in South Texas. One time he was hunting and was supposed to kill an 8 point management buck.  I’m  hunting nearest to him so I drive him in my Jeep and drop him off.  

My stand is less than 1,000 yards away.  It was a calm morning with no wind.  I hear him shoot.  I knew it was him. The next closest hunter was a couple miles away.  If you hunt a lot like me, you know the difference between a hit and a miss by the sound.  This was a clear hit.  

So i wait about an hour and go pick him up.  I’m 24 at the time.  He’s probably in his 60s.  This was 2001.  

I pull up in the Jeep and ask him where the deer is.  He says he missed.  I asked if he was sure.  He said he was.  I asked again and say it sure sounded like a hit.  He said he missed and that he was shooting at an 8 point 400 yards the opposite direction of the feeder.  That sounded like bullshit.  But I didn’t want to argue with my granddads friend.   So we get in the Jeep and go drive that way looking for blood.  Find nothing after looking for 20 minutes.  Head back to camp to eat.  

After breakfast I grab my cousin (age 18) and we go back.  We drive to the feeder.  There is blood everywhere.  And a dead yearling 6 point 50 yards from the feeder on the edge of the brush.  This was opening morning.  So it was his kill.  Fucking liar.  But an aggy never lies, cheats or steals right?

We told my granddad and took the deer back to clean and tag (mld).   Not sure if he ever said anything.  But that fucker never was invited back.  Everyone makes mistakes hunting and it wouldn’t have been that big of a deal. But he lied his ass off to me.  

Bonus story.  That trip we flew down in my granddad’s King Air.  The plan was for Gene, my cousin and me to fly back.  Drop Gene off in Dallas and then my cousin and me in Houston. But when we took off we learned Dallas was fogged in.  So pilots decided to fly to Houston to drop us off, get more fuel and then take Gene to Dallas when the fog was cleared.  We were on the way when pilots told him of change of plans.  God he was pissed and yelled at the pilots.  I guess that dumb fucking aggy wanted to cruise around Dallas and run out of fuel waiting for the fog to clear.  

One more about him.  We had one tv at the ranch back then.  A big screen in the lodge.  I had the remote and was watching Texas play someone decent.  Think it was a Big 12 team like K State or Okie State.  Back then the sec sucked and was boring as shut with the run, run pass punt crap.  He wanted to watch shitty ass Bama play some other boring sec team.  Remember, this is 2001. We are in the national title hunt. Bama is shit and whatever team they played was shit.  I told him no.  I was watching Texas and wasn’t changing  the channel.  Zero fucks given. 

I have a low opinion of that aggy.  

 

This just sounds like a bunch of good bull. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Liucci

Guys, listen, the story going around about the brawl in the Aggies' locker room which may or may not have caused the team to come out late after halftime is purely longhorn exaggerates. I've been around a lot of coaches and I can promise you that Jimbo's philosophy of locker room in-fighting is second to none. It's been proven effective in multiple leagues already. Plenty of coaches experience fighting in the locker room in their second year and go on to win a natty the following season. It happens all the time. One thing I can say for sure, if any injuries were sustained in the brawl, Jimbo will come clean with the details, HIPPA be damned.

 

Edited by Voluminous Banality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I absolutely love all his data pointing to a championship.  Jimbo had a locker room fight in year two? Natty in 2020!

They still need to get to five losses before they can feel really confident about a natty next year, but most of the metrics are there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I was reading on Texags that Sloneal has 38.9 overall grade from PFF. Anybody have access to PFF? If true that is horrible. 

That's impressive. I think somebody could take naps on the field and do better than thaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I was reading on Texags that Sloneal has 38.9 overall grade from PFF. Anybody have access to PFF? If true that is horrible. 

PFF?  Pfft, more like BOMC, amirite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liucci

Guys, listen, the story going around about the brawl in the Aggies' locker room which may or may not have caused the team to come out late after halftime is purely longhorn exaggerates. I've been around a lot of coaches and I can promise you that Jimbo's philosophy of locker room in-fighting is second to none. It's been proven effective in multiple leagues already. Plenty of coaches experience fighting in the locker room in their second year and go on to win a natty the following season. It happens all the time. One thing I can say for sure, if any injuries were sustained in the brawl, Jimbo will come clean with the details, HIPPA be damned.

 


I don‚Äôt see on the plaque where it says ‚Äúphilosophy of locker room in-fighting‚ÄĚ. I guess like most things Aggie they didn‚Äôt forget to include it they just run out of plaque.

9c1367bf54fe811c91af98f5447d95f0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mdleast said:

 


I don‚Äôt see on the plaque where it says ‚Äúphilosophy of locker room in-fighting‚ÄĚ. I guess like most things Aggie they didn‚Äôt forget to include it they just run out of plaque.

9c1367bf54fe811c91af98f5447d95f0.jpg

Aggys have an endless supply of plaque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just waiting for dumbo to have cage matches at halftime to fire his team up.  dumbo could not men from fucking his wife, what makes you think for second he wants to step in and break up fist fights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Some sarcasm detectors not working this morning. 

For it to be obvious sarcasm it needs to look like something he would not write. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

For it to be obvious sarcasm it needs to look like something he would not write. 

This.  Someone look me in the eye and tell me you can really tell if it's satire or reality at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Herman and his staff are both lying and lazy, and a growing number of players and their families are realizing this (this is obviously why UT recruiting has gotten so much worse every year /s)

Spoiler

EFXATVkXsAAD49P?format=jpg&name=smallEFXAT10WsAAZsqc?format=jpg&name=360x360EFXAUqeX4AAM7Cc?format=png&name=360x360

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liucci

Guys, listen, the story going around about the brawl in the Aggies' locker room which may or may not have caused the team to come out late after halftime is purely longhorn exaggerates. I've been around a lot of coaches and I can promise you that Jimbo's philosophy of locker room in-fighting is second to none. It's been proven effective in multiple leagues already. Plenty of coaches experience fighting in the locker room in their second year and go on to win a natty the following season. It happens all the time. One thing I can say for sure, if any injuries were sustained in the brawl, Jimbo will come clean with the details, HIPPA be damned.

 

So.....the way I read this, we win the National Championship this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Herman and his staff are both lying and lazy, and a growing number of players and their families are realizing this (this is obviously why UT recruiting has gotten so much worse every year /s)

  Reveal hidden contents

EFXATVkXsAAD49P?format=jpg&name=smallEFXAT10WsAAZsqc?format=jpg&name=360x360EFXAUqeX4AAM7Cc?format=png&name=360x360

 

They're claiming that rumors of TAMU players getting into a fight after the game are coming from Herman and that, therefore, Herman and his staff are liars... But also, Herman and his staff are lazy (but apparently not too lazy to use moments immediately following a big victory over oSu to fabricate tales about TAMU's locker room and post them on numerous message boards).  But apparently these calculating, conniving Texas coaches are not smart enough to post them on TAMU message boards, but only to post them on Texas message boards.

And recruits and their families are "realizing" this...

source.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I was reading on Texags that Sloneal has 38.9 overall grade from PFF. Anybody have access to PFF? If true that is horrible. 

I look forward to seeing him timed at the combine. 

Lets Go Luna Sun GIF by PBS KIDS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course all of their troubles are our fault.  It's always been that way.  That's why they'll always be losers.

Also, they're disparaging our schedule?  We haven't beaten anyone good?  But Lamar and SW Texas?  Haha.  OSU would boat race those clods.  Possibly La Tech too.  And OSU is 27th in the AP but whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Auburn fist fight rumors are all BOMC

  Hide contents

EFXX4UNW4AANdvc?format=jpg&name=smallEFXX6ppXsAAFHL-?format=jpg&name=smallEFXX7PTWkAEqixX?format=jpg&name=360x360EFXX9B_XsAIBEJ7?format=jpg&name=360x360

 

"That's a fact."
"I know this to be fact."

 

I need a fucking gif from Tango and Cash when Kurt Russell goes "Yeah, you don't KNOW shit."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

And we'll finish the morning off with a classic BOMC post

EFZN0MQWwAEoQb5?format=png&name=small

Aggy keeps claiming "hit piece" on the Matt Hayes article and I always respond, is it really a hit piece if everything said in it is true? Matt Hayes is a Gator so it's not like he wrote it on FSU's behalf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Or maybe Jimbo is an overrated POS coach who is taking you for a ride to tune of $75 million.

Aggy don't do no Occam's razor.  It's a conspiracy from lazy, lying, momentum building sip coaches and the recruits are catching on, which explains why Texas is doing so poorly in recruiting and aggy is back to WRTS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Longhorns are spreading lies and deceitful acts

  Hide contents

EFZIJZlXUAABCNa?format=png&name=360x360EFZIJ6HX4AAh1N8?format=jpg&name=360x360EFZIKf4XUAETNfE?format=png&name=360x360EFZILB4XUAAXdQ2?format=jpg&name=small

 

Hey, you are on to something! 

Thread title this Spring.....  2024 Texas recruiting: Lies and Deceit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Aggy keeps claiming "hit piece" on the Matt Hayes article and I always respond, is it really a hit piece if everything said in it is true? Matt Hayes is a Gator so it's not like he wrote it on FSU's behalf.

Everything bad that ever happens to them is our fault ūüėā

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be wrong but I think that wins and major bowl games can "control" the narrative on their own.

Edited by Bevo14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Longhorns are spreading lies and deceitful acts

  Hide contents

EFZIJZlXUAABCNa?format=png&name=360x360EFZIJ6HX4AAh1N8?format=jpg&name=360x360EFZIKf4XUAETNfE?format=png&name=360x360EFZILB4XUAAXdQ2?format=jpg&name=small

 

Guess he forgot that aTm hasn't beaten a ranked opponent yet this season either, but they're supposed to be recruiting lights out...because why again?

 

At least we put up a fight in our loss to a ranked opponent. Aggie is like the cat presenting itself in South park to get fucked. 

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I might be wrong but I think that wins and major bowl games can "control" the narrative on their own.

Up until now, they haven't been trying I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are in full panic mode over there. I expect Looch to have a story this week about Texas players getting tired of Herman's shit, and they want him gone. Hopefully it's better constructed than the lie he told last year that Herman wasn't going to make it past this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
‚Äč
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...