A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

these posts were moved from the trump finance thread in dt. and i find it quite funny that you were perfectly content to cr up dt, but once your cr bullshit got moved to the proper place you immediately "show yourself out." un huh.

and it's hilarious that you cannot engage in a good faith discussion simply because of the venue. 

I was talking about criminal behavior, not intending to be political. 
See my post in the Dec 14th thread in the Board Discussion forum. 
Good Day & carry on. 

9 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Good Day & carry on. 

Nah, no.  Don't go running back to your safe space.

You're not just talking about criminal behavior.  You're engaging in classic whataboutism.  So if you're going to draw a comparison between the rioters in Seattle and Portland and the insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol in order to prevent the counting of the electoral vote, then support that comparison.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It amazes how anyone tries to compare riotous mobs in [insert city] to the US capitol during the counting of electoral votes with a straight face 

yes, both riotous mobs should be arrested and held accountable for their crimes 

The difference is one is vandalism and one is insurrection. If you can’t figure out why, try looking up the definitions in the dictionary 

It was more than an insurrection -- it was a putsch and attempted coup.

Angry MAGA/Antifa -- "I'm going to wreck shit to demonstrate my dissatisfaction with the government" -- not good.

"I'm going to violently prevent the peaceful transfer of power and/or decapitate an entire branch of the government to replace it with my preferred government" -- we're pretty fucking far from "not good."  We're standing on the precipice of "catastrophic" and "nation-ending."  It's a big, big, big fucking deal.

Whataboutism, diminishment, and deflection of what happened on 1/6 is utter bullshit.  It was not a "protest that got outta hand and they broke some shit, we've seen that before, no big deal."  It was a violent action intended to usurp the exercise of a constitutionally required task of an entire branch of the government, including an open intent and desire by numerous participants to functionally decapitate that branch of government.  It doesn't get much more serious than that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Nice. 

Well, if the shoe fits and all.

Most Trump supporters (and you may not be one, but I doubt it) have had ample time and evidence to see who they were supporting. And yet they continued to support Trump. Anti-democractic, anti-American dipshits may be another term for them rather than fascists. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Armybrat said:

So, Throwing firebombs at police & federal marshals doesn’t count.

Edited to add, these are just my opinions. 
I get that you don’t like them, and that’s fine.

Who said those actions don’t count?

I haven’t seen anyone say assaulting federal LEO is ok

I will say it doesn’t come close to what happened at the Capitol on Jan 6  

Also the sad truth is if BLM pulled that shit on the steps of the Capitol there would have been a bunch of dead black guys before the barriers were even breached

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I read this that if you and I agree to storm the Capitol to take down the Electoral Process and you decided to hang back at the rally to drink some Starbucks while I roam the halls of Congress, we're guilty of the above because we conspired about sedition. And all of those Parler conversations are evidence to convict us.

Sure. Who did charlie Manson kill to earn his sentence?

19 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Who said those actions don’t count?

I haven’t seen anyone say assaulting federal LEO is ok

I will say it doesn’t come close to what happened at the Capitol on Jan 6  

Also the sad truth is if BLM pulled that shit on the steps of the Capitol there would have been a bunch of dead black guys before the barriers were even breached

The other thing, you really can't compare the video of that mob, violently pushing into the capitol grounds and building, with any of the BLM protest videos, where most of the people are standing around behind the line of scrimmage, so to speak.

Even if you extract insurrectionist or seditious motives, the character of the "capitol gang" was worse than any "BLM riot" I have seen.  "Seen" is important here because you can't rely on someone's revisionist description of it as a riot or protest or whatever.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The other thing, you really can't compare the video of that mob, violently pushing into the capitol grounds and building, with any of the BLM protest videos, where most of the people are standing around behind the line of scrimmage, so to speak.

Even if you extract insurrectionist or seditious motives, the character of the "capitol gang" was worse than any "BLM riot" I have seen.  "Seen" is important here because you can't rely on someone's revisionist description of it as a riot or protest or whatever.

Agreed. When I saw the federal courthouse in Portland getting torn up and spray painted I wouldn't have objected to some heavy-handed street sweeping and arrests. But that was a massive crowd. Even then, though, that wasn't close to what we saw on 1-6.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Good Day & carry on. 

Please don't run away because people get heated; stay and work it out. We're all dancing around the elephant in the room and although I'm late to these posts getting moved, I'm observing that cooler heads are pointing out their issue with your argument.

10 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Agreed. When I saw the federal courthouse in Portland getting torn up and spray painted I wouldn't have objected to some heavy-handed street sweeping and arrests. But that was a massive crowd. Even then, though, that wasn't close to what we saw on 1-6.

I didn't happen to notice any unmarked vans in DC rolling up with officials jumping out and tossing people into the back of them either. There were over *14,000 arrests nationwide associated with various protests over the summer, a not insignificant number.

*from Forbes, linky: https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/01/07/figures-show-stark-difference-between-arrests-at-dc-black-lives-matter-protest-and-arrests-at-capitol-hill/?sh=795af0cc5706

the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/16/felony-charges-blm-protesters-suppression-tactic

Associated Press: https://apnews.com/article/congress-storming-black-lives-matter-22983dc91d16bf949efbb60cdda4495d

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I didn't happen to notice any unmarked vans in DC rolling up with officials jumping out and tossing people into the back of them either. There were over *14,000 arrests nationwide associated with various protests over the summer, a not insignificant number.

*from Forbes, linky: https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/01/07/figures-show-stark-difference-between-arrests-at-dc-black-lives-matter-protest-and-arrests-at-capitol-hill/?sh=795af0cc5706
the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/16/felony-charges-blm-protesters-suppression-tactic
Associated Press: https://apnews.com/article/congress-storming-black-lives-matter-22983dc91d16bf949efbb60cdda4495d

This is THE issue that concerns(ed) me most about Trump supporters.

They were ok with this secret police/KGB bullshit.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It has only been two days since that depraved cretin has left office and this is the shit we're already hearing. I figured the first couple of months would be hilarious stories about how he displayed stunning ignorance. Nah. Just more unprecedented insanity and how democracy walked a razor thin line for a month. 

• Like 2

i don’t agree with ‘brat on nary a thing politically, but he’s been here a damn lot longer than you, and he’s a good dude and earned his bona fides and has my respect as a person...as a man.

you don’t know shit about fuck when it comes to The Old Man, and further can fuck right off with this juvenile shit.

This exactly right. I respect him more than you, I can agree to disagree with Brat just fine.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

It's more than whether they were there to murder members of Congress.
They acted with an intent and purpose to stop the lawful transfer of power.  That's a serious fucking crime.  Protest?  Not a problem?  Break some shit?  Minor crime.  Enter and shut down the Capitol with the express and admitted purpose of halting the legal transfer of power?  Big fucking problem.
One of the things that drives me nuts is how the concept of "degree" apparently died the past four years.  I ran a stop sign, I'm a criminal.  Son of Sam murdered people, he's a criminal.  So, we're the same.  Fucking no.  Degree matters.  A lot.
Protest peacefully -- all good.
Protest any cause and then riot and break private property -- a crime of property destruction.
Riot and assault a cop, in service of any cause -- a crime of assault on a public servant.
Toss firebombs at a gov't structure -- a crime of damaging gov't property.  Maybe an endangerment etc. charge if there are people inside.
Attack a government body in the process of performing its constitutional duty in order to functionally overthrow the government -- man, we're in a whole different fucking league.

Well said.

To disagree with Armybrat, it should be easy to convict many of them with Treason. To paraphrase my high school English teacher, (who would wince at my posts here), They told us what they were planning to do, told us while they were doing it, (3 full paragraphs or more) and told us what they did with online posts and video to back it up.

A+ Treason

this was going to be my exact word-for-word answer.
those cops in the street were also outnumbered. once dc metro showed up and the people were emerging from the capitol, there should've been rows and rows of zip-tied rioters. wonder why they were just allowed to go.
Yeah that was some bullshit.
That day should have resolved any discussion on white privelage. Forever

However, Y'all lay off Armybrat. I wouldn't expect someone born in the early 1800s to be evolved politically.
  • Like 1

i don’t agree with ‘brat on nary a thing politically, but he’s been here a damn lot longer than you, and he’s a good dude and earned his bona fides and has my respect as a person...as a man.

you don’t know shit about fuck when it comes to The Old Man, and further can fuck right off with this juvenile shit.
Yeah. I try to treat brat like I would my great great great grandfather. He's good peeps.
  • Like 1

The way the attack on the Capitol keeps getting framed and reframed is annoying af but here’s the way I saw it:

Trump played the role of military general sending his loyal insurgency troops into battle against the heart of American democracy at the Capitol resulting in the murder of six people. He even cheered them on while watching from the White House.

It is quite possibly the most treasonous conduct witnessed on American soil since the Civil War and should be treated as such, possibly worse. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The way the attack on the Capitol keeps getting framed and reframed is annoying af but here’s the way I saw it:

Trump played the role of military general sending his loyal insurgency troops into battle against the heart of American democracy at the Capitol resulting in the murder of six people. He even cheered them on while watching from the White House.

It is quite possibly the most treasonous conduct witnessed on American soil since the Civil War and should be treated as such, possibly worse. 

Beyond this, for 60+ days, he stoked an utterly false narrative that the election was stolen from him. That was mostly to salve his giant gaping hole of an ego.

However, he was warned, and you know he knows, that he was creating another, more serious and immediate grievance for his ignorant and aggrieved followers.

People talk about the election fraud bs as "undermining democracy," which is kind of an abstract, high-level evil.  

But the reality is that he undermined democracy in a very specific way and in the minds of a very specific group of people that turned them into a smoldering powder keg.

The speech just inserted the fuse and lit it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

I think Trump will probably never run for office again but unfortunately he has opened up the worst side of human followers. My fear is it will get crazier and more dangerous because there are some very sick people out there who will get voted in just because they have an R by their names. They have created their own bizarro reality and viewpoint and there are a lot of people stupid enough to believe it.

In places where you have to declare to vote in primaries fewer than 1 in 3 eligible voters are republicans. Recent polls show it’s more like 1 in 4. The more the establishment embraces the extremists the more irrelevant the party will become 

also a personality cult needs a personality. Trump is now a cuck as far as the wackadoos are concerned 

18 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

This is THE issue that concerns(ed) me most about Trump supporters.

They were ok with this secret police/KGB bullshit.

Oh no - the fox talking points now are the Dems are SHOWING FORCE AND HOLDING US DOWN by having the national guard protecting state capitols etc.  What a bunch of maroons.  Can you even imagine unidentified officers going around rounding up these righteous white folks who just want their country back?  Fucking clowns actually don't see how ridiculous they are. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Good Day & carry on. 

I'm not sure why yall keep trying to downplay the venue.  Even if the DC mob had no goals upon entry, violently entering the US capitol building while Congress is in session is several steps worse than violently entering an empty courthouse or burning down an evacuated police station.

But they did have goals and those goals were worse too. They wanted to assassinate elected officials in order to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power. So even if every BLM protestor set out for Portland with the explicit goal of killing a cop (they of course didn't have that goal), the DC insurrectionists were worse. 

The more ridiculous thing is someone with the name "Armybrat" is defending an attempted coup of the United States.  I get that the participants were assclowns, and their plans had no chance of long term success even had they achieved their short term goals on January 6.  But that doesn't change who they are.  You are defending traitors. Not protestors. Not rioters. Not anarchists. Not cop killers. Traitors. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Brandywine said:

I think Trump will probably never run for office again but unfortunately he has opened up the worst side of human followers. My fear is it will get crazier and more dangerous because there are some very sick people out there who will get voted in just because they have an R by their names. They have created their own bizarro reality and viewpoint and there are a lot of people stupid enough to believe it.

The next incarnation won't make it nearly as far.  Also those people are dying off at higher numbers when compared to their ability to add new members to the brainwashed cult.  Have you ever seen the clips for the Freeze guy running down that slob who got a 5 minute head start?  He starts to really feel himself and falls on his face while celebrating ahead of the finish line...that's Trump.  Freeze has to stop giving such a big head start.  That's why the push to already neuter Hawley is a big deal.  

And I've said this a million times - the vast majority of these people are all talk.  They love their applebee's and consumer wireless flip phones too much to actually put real effort into an uprising.  Oh I can take selfies and hang out?  Count me in!  Oh wait - there's thousands of national guard troops guarding these places?  How unfair!!!!

26 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

And I've said this a million times - the vast majority of these people are all talk.  They love their applebee's and consumer wireless flip phones too much to actually put real effort into an uprising.  Oh I can take selfies and hang out?  Count me in! 

talk shit on Tumblr

Metaphorically speaking, of course. 

We’re still in the beginnings of investigation but the impatient American in me can’t wait until someone puts all the different plots together in a book or movie 10 years from now. 

From the early steps of slowing down the mail to limit Democratic votes from being on time, 

to indoctrinating his followers that it will be rigged all year 

then after the election, firing key department heads and installing loyalists. 

Inviting Republican legislators from different states to get them to elect different electors 

to filing 60 lawsuits 

to pressuring GA officials to find him more votes 

to firing GA federal attorney for not investigating non existing voter fraud 

to getting Barr to resign and trying to get Rosen to investigate non existent fraud 

to organizing the Jan 6 “rally” through various subsidiaries 

to his lackeys and him not approving NG to intervene for over 2 hours. 

There’s just so much 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

In places where you have to declare to vote in primaries fewer than 1 in 3 eligible voters are republicans. Recent polls show it’s more like 1 in 4.

these stats are fun until you realize they don't matter at all.  there aren't 74mm registered republicans, yet trump got 74mm votes and the gop gained ground in the house and held their own in the senate.  i'm not worried about registered republicans, i'm worried about 74mm trump voters.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

I'm not sure why yall keep trying to downplay the venue.  Even if the DC mob had no goals upon entry, violently entering the US capitol building while Congress is in session is several steps worse than violently entering an empty courthouse or burning down an evacuated police station.

But they did have goals and those goals were worse too. They wanted to assassinate elected officials in order to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power. So even if every BLM protestor set out for Portland with the explicit goal of killing a cop (they of course didn't have that goal), the DC insurrectionists were worse. 

The more ridiculous thing is someone with the name "Armybrat" is defending an attempted coup of the United States.  I get that the participants were assclowns, and their plans had no chance of long term success even had they achieved their short term goals on January 6.  But that doesn't change who they are.  You are defending traitors. Not protestors. Not rioters. Not anarchists. Not cop killers. Traitors. 

He may have been in the confederate army.   You do know AB is older than dirt right?

28 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We’re still in the beginnings of investigation but the impatient American in me can’t wait until someone puts all the different plots together in a book or movie 10 years from now. 

From the early steps of slowing down the mail to limit Democratic votes from being on time, 

to indoctrinating his followers that it will be rigged all year 

then after the election, firing key department heads and installing loyalists. 

Inviting Republican legislators from different states to get them to elect different electors 

to filing 60 lawsuits 

to pressuring GA officials to find him more votes 

to firing GA federal attorney for not investigating non existing voter fraud 

to getting Barr to resign and trying to get Rosen to investigate non existent fraud 

to organizing the Jan 6 “rally” through various subsidiaries 

to his lackeys and him not approving NG to intervene for over 2 hours. 

There’s just so much 

Well sure it sounds bad when you put it like that. 
really it’s just a man, a great man, some say the best man, getting up early and taking many calls and having many meetings until very late to ensure the greatness of the United States, all while entertaining the people via many thought provoking tweets, and trying not to let a massive fraud and cover up spanning thousands of individuals from all political backgrounds in dozens of countries slow his progress. 

see now?

32 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

these stats are fun until you realize they don't matter at all.  there aren't 74mm registered republicans, yet trump got 74mm votes and the gop gained ground in the house and held their own in the senate.  i'm not worried about registered republicans, i'm worried about 74mm trump voters.

Yeah, "registered Republican" voters that vote in primaries are not "the base."  

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement