Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

3 hours ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

That is really sad for so many reasons.

The hate engine devolving from words to action.

Thanks, GOP. Enjoy being dismembered by your own creation as it tries to tear apart my country.

• Rage+1 3

I stumbled into the AR15.com boards a minute ago and some of them are over there trying to blame it on Antifa / BLM. And yet they believe, A) that the election was stolen; and B) that the proper response to a stolen election is to storm the Capitol. 

But since leftists did it, it's terrible. 

And not true, of course, but the ability of all these people to hold 100 percent contradictory notions in their heads at the same time and fully believe in both is baffling and troubling to me. 

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I stumbled into the AR15.com boards a minute ago and some of them are over there trying to blame it on Antifa / BLM. And yet they believe, A) that the election was stolen; and B) that the proper response to a stolen election is to storm the Capitol. 

And not true, of course, but the ability of all these people to hold 100 percent contradictory notions in their heads at the same time and fully believe in both is baffling and troubling to me. 

There are people on this site in Daily Texan and in the Gun Owners thread that feel this way.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Sounds like the Arabs who celebrated bin Laden for the 9/11 attacks and still blamed them on the Jews. We’ve seen this behavior before. 

24 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Good thing I am not on guard duty, I would have no problem shooting every one of these apeshit crazy motherfuckers.

I'd probably be that cop who got fired for throwing people's selfie-sticks over the bannister.

And I'm not talking about rioters. I'm talking tourists.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I couldn’t view the video full screen at the New Yorker website and I don’t know if any of the tweets carried the full version. Anyway, here’s what I take to be the full video on YouTube in case you find it more user friendly:

Historians will refer to this The Great Idiot Insurrection of 2021

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Nashville & Memphis are fighting over who has to claim him. No love lost between those two cities. Memphis thinks Nashville is stuck up and all Nashville thinks of Memphis is there be dragons. And Nashvillians get really annoyed when tourists ask for directions to Graceland. 

Last week somebody upthread said it looked like Tennessee went hard in the riot.  Definitely proven right.  My theory is that its only about an 8 hour drive from the eastern half of the state to DC, so it was easy to get there by bus or even by driving yourself.

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I couldn’t view the video full screen at the New Yorker website and I don’t know if any of the tweets carried the full version. Anyway, here’s what I take to be the full video on YouTube in case you find it more user friendly:

My post above has the full vid link.

15 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Last week somebody upthread said it looked like Tennessee went hard in the riot.  Definitely proven right.  My theory is that its only about an 8 hour drive from the eastern half of the state to DC, so it was easy to get there by bus or even by driving yourself.

Nashville is full of transient angry white people these days -- people who bought into the "It City" mystique and found only jobs at Waffle House or Wal Mart and shared shitty apartments in drab suburbs like Madison and Antioch. The two I know of who got busted there fit that profile to a tee. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Anyone I know who tries to blame the capitol riot on antifa, I simply ask them, well then why didn’t president trump stop it from happening then? 

He’s either then a giant incompetent pussy who can’t protect the capitol from antifa, or alternatively, your antifa argument is just a bunch of bullshit. Which one is it? 

He told the rioters we love you we appreciate you. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I’m ok with that 

I am too. And I’m dead serious.

What has the best chance of squashing this domestics terrorist movement? The terrorists realizing this isn’t a fucking game. For us to send them the EXACT same message they get giddy about sending to Muslim terrorists: “attack the United States, get ready to die from acute lead poisoning.”

That’s the right message, right Trumpkins? Goose, gander, and all that.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

One of my best friends growing up was apparently in Washington for the rally.  And he's exactly the kind of guy who would storm the Capitol.  Every time I look at new pictures on twitter from the FBI site, I expect to see him (he's 6'7" so he'd be easy to spot), but haven't, and to his credit, he was smart enough not to post about it at all on social media.  

But he's also a huge Trumper and all-in on Q, even though he has been living off of disability for about the last 15 years.

• Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

fuck. it makes my head hurt. 10 cent head with a 1 minute memory. these people. fuck it hurts. 

6 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Slaveholders before the Civil War were convinced that the people they held in slavery loved them and their enslavement, and, at the same time, that the same enslaved people were constantly plotting to kill them in their sleep and start a general uprising.  Human minds are malleable, especially when it comes to rationalizing the indefensible.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

HPD officer who inspired a minor thread derail update in second pic.

To be fair, HPD officers being out of town probably saved lives.