Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Setting aside her brainwashed gulliblity, she strikes me as someone who viewed it all as a lark. As if one simply says, 'I'm bored. Bored of this pandemic. Bored of being told what to do. I wanna dance."

The private plane, the photos, the outfits. It was the travel agency destination trip of a lifetime: go to DC and see all the sights and instagram for your friends back home. They'll be sooo jealous. "Look what I did over winter break, top this!" and it ends up in the yearbook with all the other cool kids.

So, yeah. She didn't think of the consequences. If she's ever had to face them, in her mind they've never been her fault.

She reeks of "functioning Chardonnay & Xanax addict."

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

Just in case it hasn't been posted on this thread, insurrectionist Barbie Jenna Ryan's full legal name is Jennifer Leigh Ryan.  

Jennifer Leigh Ryan photographed herself drinking Coronas on a private jet to Washington, invaded the capitol, is now facing the consequences of her actions, and now feels persecuted.

And Jennifer Leigh Ryan wants to be my real estate salesman!  Of course, Jennifer Leigh Ryan is a hypocrite of the highest order.  Last year, she was claiming that rioters need to be prosecuted. To wit:

Jenna Ryan Tweet.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I noticed that the interwebs have identified Jenna Ryan's plane friend, another realtor, and potentially the person acting as her camera-man. I know there are Capitol videos of Jenna entering the building and she appears to be alone. I wonder if her friends either got lost in the crowd, or they had the sense to not enter the building. 

EDIT: If I was near the Capitol that day, I would be talking to a lawyer. If you quickly demonstrate remorse (I only recall seeing that CEO doing so) and self-surrender, does that help with sentencing? 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

I saw one blurb on CNN website that they aren't cutting any deals, even for self surrender.

Nor should they. Prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

They go on television to get publicity, but as a lawyer I don't see how that could possibly help his client's case.

The only way I can justify that is that they decided that the evidence was too strong to contest, so they wouldn't even try and would just make a balls-out run at the sentencing hearing.  Which might be positively influenced by not even contesting the charges to the public.

33 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

I saw one blurb on CNN website that they aren't cutting any deals, even for self surrender.

30 minutes ago, slorch said:

Nor should they. Prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

This would be all good tough talk from the prosecutors.  But, the reality is that they cannot possibly take all these people to trial.  I think the number is expected to be 300 or so?  There aren't 300 jury trial slots in the D DC open over the next probably three years.  Even a one-day trial takes a minimum of about three days, and that probably equates to a week.  They're not going to blow those trial slots on misdemeanors.  Not even if it was just 100.

This is why the plea bargain is the dominant mode of resolving criminal cases in every court in America.

Also, federal plea policy requires the defendant to plead to the highest/most severe offense charged.  And, practically, having the two overlapping misdemeanors charged would not enhance the sentence in comparison to a conviction or plea to just one of the offenses.

None of that is to say that anyone is going to get off particularly easy here.  But, as things currently stand, most of the charges are misdemeanors with a maximum prison sentence of one year.  People are going to plead guilty and the gubmint is going to accept those pleas, and it will be up to the judge presiding to determine how much of a year they do and what kind of fine they get.

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Wrt pardon talk, keep in mind that reporting this week that said Trump is not interested in giving out pardons unless he gets his first. He has been strongly advised not to do that because that would assuredly force the DOJ under Garland to charge him with a federal crime as a means of testing the legality of a presidential self pardon in the courts. Also, it would ratchet up pressure on states to go after him as well. He's probably not going to do that so I think Frisco Jenna is kinda fucked. Unless, of course, he resigns on Monday and gets Pence to pardon him, in which case Pence would be the biggest cuck ever.

Trump is likely being counseled to not issue any pardons as doing so would harm any defense he may have at trial on impeachment before the Senate.

Trump's response:  He will enthusiastically issue a blanket pardon and seek to make it as far reaching as possible. 

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Re: blanket pardons

I read that since trump had been impeached for insurrection be can no longer pardon those who participated in it. He'll probably still try, but sounds like there's actually a legal argument to push back with

I wouldn't hold my breath on that.  I saw that article too and it seemed really strained.  It's an argument, but not a very good one.

I do think any pardon he issues is going to have to name people, at least.  He can't just pardon "all people committing offenses against the United States at the Capitol on or before January 6."

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This would be all good tough talk from the prosecutors.  But, the reality is that they cannot possibly take all these people to trial.  I think the number is expected to be 300 or so?  There aren't 300 jury trial slots in the D DC open over the next probably three years.  Even a one-day trial takes a minimum of about three days, and that probably equates to a week.  They're not going to blow those trial slots on misdemeanors.  Not even if it was just 100.

This is why the plea bargain is the dominant mode of resolving criminal cases in every court in America.

Also, federal plea policy requires the defendant to plead to the highest/most severe offense charged.  And, practically, having the two overlapping misdemeanors charged would not enhance the sentence in comparison to a conviction or plea to just one of the offenses.

None of that is to say that anyone is going to get off particularly easy here.  But, as things currently stand, most of the charges are misdemeanors with a maximum prison sentence of one year.  People are going to plead guilty and the gubmint is going to accept those pleas, and it will be up to the judge presiding to determine how much of a year they do and what kind of fine they get.

Setting up for a real life Prisoner's dilemma situation here.

If they all demand trial by jury and have their day in court it could lead for better results for all of them. A bunch plea then it will fuck over the rest.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

If they all demand trial by combat jury and have their day in court it could lead for better results for all of them. A bunch plea then it will fuck over the rest.

Fixed it for Rudy.

On the topic of conspiracy and offenses that can be charged, it occurred to me that Hugo's favorite, Conspiracy to commit offense or to defraud United States, 18 USC 371, might come into play.

Despite its grandiose title, that statute isn't the treasony traitorous thing Hugo likes to think it is.  It's really more of an extra espresso shot, or double pump for your criminal coffee drink.

What it means is, if it can be proven that you conspired with another person to commit any crime against the US, you can separately be subject to a five year maximum sentence.

Unfortunately, if that "any crime" is a misdemeanor, the sentence is maxed at whatever the misdemeanor is.  So you aren't going to see this one in most of these cases.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Wrt pardon talk, keep in mind that reporting this week that said Trump is not interested in giving out pardons unless he gets his first. He has been strongly advised not to do that because that would assuredly force the DOJ under Garland to charge him with a federal crime as a means of testing the legality of a presidential self pardon in the courts. Also, it would ratchet up pressure on states to go after him as well. He's probably not going to do that so I think Frisco Jenna is kinda fucked. Unless, of course, he resigns on Monday and gets Pence to pardon him, in which case Pence would be the biggest cuck ever.

If dotard resigns even if Pence pardons him he (dotard) can’t do shit wrt pardoning the deplorables. 

6 minutes ago, blacklab said:

If they all demand trial by jury and have their day in court it could lead for better results for all of them. A bunch plea then it will fuck over the rest.

Yeah, that could be a collective strategy that really gums up the works.

However, it's not without risk because there is usually a "trial penalty" assessed at sentencing, regardless of how good faith the exercise of the right to trial by jury.  Meaning, that those who go to trial and lose, even just partially, get worse sentences than those who plea, despite the ungenerous federal plea bargain policy.

If dotard resigns even if Pence pardons him he (dotard) can’t do shit wrt pardoning the deplorables. 
True, poorly worded on my part. I meant to say that Dotard can only realistically get a pardon from Pence and that he does not give a fuck about the Jenna Ryans.
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The coming weeks are going to be glorious with human interest articles and stories on people's lives being absolutely ruined.  Pretty confident there will be more than one repentant Trump supporter who found salvation because they didn't get pardoned or whatnot.

"But he told us to come!  He told us to go to the capitol!  Why didn't he help us afterwards? Please help me Mr. Trump, I am going to prison!"

They failed to keep Trump in office therefore they failed the Trump loyalty test. Sure, he "loved" these "very special people" while they were scouring the Capitol looking for people to kill, but they didn't hang Pence or prevent the certification of the electoral vote count.

They quit. Trump is doubtless very disappointed in these quitter, loser-types. He would have managed to win had he been there himself; these idiots let him down.

Trump has turned on Pence and Giulliani. He couldn't give a wet fart about these yokel losers whom he despises as suckers in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I noticed that the interwebs have identified Jenna Ryan's plane friend, another realtor, and potentially the person acting as her camera-man. I know there are Capitol videos of Jenna entering the building and she appears to be alone. I wonder if her friends either got lost in the crowd, or they had the sense to not enter the building. 
EDIT: If I was near the Capitol that day, I would be talking to a lawyer. If you quickly demonstrate remorse (I only recall seeing that CEO doing so) and self-surrender, does that help with sentencing? 

Where? I’ve been trying to figure out who they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

They failed to keep Trump in office therefore they failed the Trump loyalty test. Sure, he "loved" these "very special people" while they were scouring the Capitol looking for people to kill, but they didn't hang Pence or prevent the certification of the electoral vote count.

They quit. Trump is doubtless very disappointed in these quitter, loser-types. He would have managed to win had he been there himself; these idiots let him down.

Trump has turned on Pence and Giulliani. He couldn't give a wet fart about these yokel losers whom he despises as suckers in the first place.

I prefer insurrectionists who don't allow Congress to vote against my electoral ballot certification. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

They do allow Alford pleas

"Baked Alaska" arrested.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/far-right-streamer-anthime-baked-alaska-gionet-arrested-over-capitol-riotcliding a former

Some other arrests detailed in the story, including a former Latin Kings gang member-turned all lives matter activist(!!!???)

Far-Right Streamer ‘Baked Alaska’ Arrested Over Capitol Riot

COOKED

Much of the evidence against Tim Gionet presented in Saturday’s arrest affidavit is directly attributed to his own 27-minute livestream.

Updated Jan. 16, 2021 1:29PM ET Published Jan. 16, 2021 12:28PM

A right-wing video blogger who once filmed a music video dedicated to law enforcement was arrested on Saturday by the FBI after he livestreamed himself lounging in the Capitol amid the Jan. 6 insurrection.

In a criminal complaint released on Saturday, the Department of Justice said that it had arrested Anthime Joseph Gionet, the far-right activist better known as “Baked Alaska,” on charges of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

Gionet, who tested positive for COVID-19 just days before the riot and is currently facing unrelated charges for allegedly pepper spraying a bouncer last year, traveled to D.C. this month for the “Stop The Steal” events. As rioters stormed Congress, Gionet, a former BuzzFeed employee turned far-right pro-Trump activist, livestreamed himself at the event on DLive, a popular video platform which eventually removed the stream.

As rioters stormed Congress, Gionet, a former BuzzFeed employee turned far-right, pro-Trump activist, livestreamed himself on DLive, a popular video platform which eventually removed the stream.

But, like many rioters last week, his celebratory posts from the Capitol may come back to haunt him. Much of the evidence against Gionet presented in Saturday’s arrest affidavit is directly attributed to his own 27-minute livestream.

“The defendant can be heard remarking ‘1776 baby,’ ‘I won’t leave guys, don’t worry,’” the affidavit says. “At the 2:52 minute mark in the YouTube video the defendant, who is livestreaming the event from his device, turns the phone around to show his face and is clearly identifiable.”

At one point, Gionet filmed himself entering an office, picking up a telephone and acting out a “purported phone call with the United States Senate personnel.”

Later in the video, he entered another office, sat on a couch and placed his feet on a table. “The defendant encourages others not to break anything,” the affidavit adds.

VICE reported earlier this week that the FBI was using Gionet’s livestream of the riot to find and track down other participants. The agency put out several notices last week seeking information about individuals in the pro-Trump mob which included images pulled directly from the Baked Alaska video.

On Friday, Daniel Goodwyn, a “self-proclaimed” Proud Boy, was arrested by federal authorities who said in court filings that he was called out by name on Gionet’s livestream. 

Federal authorities say they’ve charged at least 100 people in the wake of the riots, including a Texas real estate agent who took a private jet to the D.C., a former Latin Kings gangster, a peyote-loving “QAnon Shaman,” and a woman who was outed by a high school pal after allegedly pinching House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s nameplate.

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

2 hours ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

"Baked Alaska" arrested.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/far-right-streamer-anthime-baked-alaska-gionet-arrested-over-capitol-riotcliding a former

Some other arrests detailed in the story, including a former Latin Kings gang member-turned all lives matter activist(!!!???)

"Gionet, who tested positive for COVID-19 just days before the riot and COVID superspreader event "

Edited by Haphap
  • Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I do not think Trump will pardon the terrorists. They failed him. Had they succeeded, he would have handed our pardons.

I’m in the camp of I think he does.  I think it’s the only thing he has left to play King to his cult, and he gets to stick it to the new admin at the last minute.

I expect a massive list to drop Wednesday morning.

Looks like they pre-identified this one:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2021/01/16/report-man-arrested-in-dc-with-500-rounds-of-ammo-and-fake-inaugural-credentials/?sh=13b0e1ba428e

Report: Man Arrested In D.C. With 500 Rounds Of Ammo And Fake Inaugural Credentials

Nicholas ReimannForbes Staff
I'm a news reporter for Forbes, primarily covering the U.S. South.
Updated Jan 16, 2021, 03:13pm EST
  • TOPLINE 

Capitol Police arrested a man trying to pass through a security checkpoint with a loaded handgun, more than 500 rounds of ammunition and fake credentials to attend President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration, according to CNN, as threats continue to swirl around the inauguration that is now less than 96 hours away.

KEY FACTS

The man, Wesley Allen Beeler, of Virginia, was arrested in downtown Washington on Friday when he pulled his truck up to a police checkpoint, CNN reported.

He was arrested for “possession of an unregistered firearm” and “possession of unregistered ammunition,” according to CNN, and had 17 rounds in the chamber of a Glock semi-automatic pistol.

Strict lockdown procedures are in place for the inauguration, with the National Mall closed off to the public and in-person access to the event itself largely limited to lawmakers, media and invited guests.

The FBI is seeking tips relating to threats around the inauguration, as tech companies have moved to greatly limit access to social media platforms—like Parler—that were used to plan the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6.

CHIEF CRITICS

News of the arrest has fueled further concern about the safety of Wednesday’s inauguration, with some suggesting that an outdoor convention at the Capitol should not even take place.

The FBI is seeking tips relating to threats around the inauguration, as tech companies have moved to greatly limit access to social media platforms—like Parler—that were used to plan the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6.

I don't think he does. If he pardons a bunch of people the FBI and DOJ are actively pursuing, he'll open himself up to even more legal issues as there will be an all out effort to find something that either bankrupts him or send him to prison. The Georgia AG is already looking into election tampering. DC will want to go after him. PA and WI might want to jump in too. 

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Can the trials be spread across other federal courts if the charges are all federal, or do they have to occur in DC?  I assume all the charges will all be federal since it involves the capitol?

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Maybe we should double the number of federal judges.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I don't think he does. If he pardons a bunch of people the FBI and DOJ are actively pursuing, he'll open himself up to even more legal issues as there will be an all out effort to find something that either bankrupts him or send him to prison. The Georgia AG is already looking into election tampering. DC will want to go after him. PA and WI might want to jump in too. 

I hope that’s right, but who the hell knows.  Thursday cannot get here fast enough.