Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

11 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

He’s the one that runs a vineyard outside of Waco that went on local news after the riots and bragged about it.  

https://www.kissingtreevineyards.com/our-story

Interdasting.  That 18 USC 1361 charge is different.  It's a felony if the damage >$1000.  https://www.justice.gov/file/1358251/download

I find it kind of fascinating that these people are arraigned in their local districts when charged in another district.

And, while I have no sympathy for Grider, that Magistrate Judge's detention reasoning is poor, in my opinion.  Whether there is a high likelihood he commited the offense is not and should not be a consideration in detention.  The main consideration should be likelihood of appearance for trial.  A secondary consideration is imminent dangerousness.

“Unfortunately, he got swept up in the mob and found himself doing something he never anticipated doing,” Grider said.

“I had no intention of rapin’ that gal, but I found myself at Baylor hanging out with the guys...and the next thing you know I’m - like - the caboose in a train..”
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

He’ll be golden boy with those wine making  skills in prison 

I mean,  prison wine isn't really that hard to make,  anyways.  You either have orange,  grapefruit,  or apple jack. 

It's the distilling into liquor that can get dicey. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Most of my family lives in the country just outside Waco.

My Mom turned 70 a couple of years ago and we celebrated at Kissing Tree. Made reservations to secure the back area in advance for 40 or 50. It was a complete disaster. We’re a pretty simple crowd, extremely simple. We brought the 40-ish and they were prepared for 10. What should have been a couple hours turned into 4 or 5. We laughed about it for a year or so, then blocked it from memory.

Fuck those guys. Seriously. I’ve been sending this article to all of us who were there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2

Most of my family lives in the country just outside Waco.

My Mom turned 70 a couple of years ago and we celebrated at Kissing Tree. Made reservations to secure the back area in advance for 40 or 50. It was a complete disaster. We’re a pretty simple crowd, extremely simple. We brought the 40-ish and they were prepared for 10. What should have been a couple hours turned into 4 or 5. We laughed about it for a year or so, then blocked it from memory.

Fuck those guys. Seriously. I’ve been sending this article to all of us who were there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surprising how pretty much everyone charged with a Capitol offense is such an amazingly good person.  Lucky thing no bad people were there, else actual crimes might have been committed.  You know, shit like assault, trespassing, murder, breaking and entering, theft, basic kid stuff.

Edited by AnTiM
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

your client didn’t intend to commit the crime and got swept up in the passion of the moment? Shouldn’t that be part of your argument why he should get a lower sentence after he is found guilt? Or perhaps in your plea to the DOJ for a lighter sentence in exchange for pleading guilty?

But it’s tough to argue innocence when there is clear video of him committing the crime. I would think the best statement to the media is no statement. Not a good look when your lawyer is telling the cameras you did it.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

One kind of interesting thing.  For those being detained on misdemeanors and light treason, there's probably not much likelihood of getting to trial in less than a year.  They could pretty easily spend their sentence or longer in pretrial detention.

It breaks your heart. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

your client didn’t intend to commit the crime and got swept up in the passion of the moment? Shouldn’t that be part of your argument why he should get a lower sentence after he is found guilt? Or perhaps in your plea to the DOJ for a lighter sentence in exchange for pleading guilty?
But it’s tough to argue innocence when there is clear video of him committing the crime. I would think the best statement to the media is no statement. Not a good look when your lawyer is telling the cameras you did it.

giphy.gif

Blame mob mentality - not the mob!

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

"“Unfortunately, he got swept up in the mob and found himself doing something he never anticipated doing,” Grider said."

You see, Your Honor, my client was simply travelling across the country to support the president who has explicitly encouraged violence amongst his supporters in the past and offered legal aid for those who do. 

20 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

One kind of interesting thing.  For those being detained on misdemeanors and light treason, there's probably not much likelihood of getting to trial in less than a year.  They could pretty easily spend their sentence or longer in pretrial detention.

You think they're going to wave speedy trial? 

Heard an allegation on Limbaugh yesterday that made me LOL while driving( don't shoot the messenger, just listen.)  I've heard it before, but he alleged that many of those attacking the capital had Antifa backgrounds and were there to sabotage the noble efforts.

Sorry if I missed it, but have any of these people rounded up through video evidence been "wolves in sheep's clothing," or leftists posing as hard right idiots?