Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Not according to SCOTUS. In a decision that made Dred Scott sound reasonable, they call it a veggie.

It acknowledged that botanically, tomatoes are a fruit.  But in common parlance are regarded and used as a vegetable, and within the context of the Tariff Act under consideration were classified as vegetables.

Within its context, it made perfect sense.

There was an earlier case where an attempt was made to classify beans as seeds, which, while technically accurate was not what was contemplated by the same Tariff Act.

So, not really comparable to Dred Scott.

Edited by TwiceHorn

You mean they're not taking the position that they own that building and that all within it work for them?

They always say that when they harrass some elected representative at the airport or on the sidewalk. They seemed to assert that they were the boss of anyone in government and could do as they please to them. Summary exectution? Hey, you work for us!!!!!

Now, they were just wanting to buy a postcard in the gift shop or were looking for a stray kitten while innocently mingling with a violent mob. Where's their conviction now? Not the penal one but the one they held so certainly, so proudly.

Let's get some handcuffs and weapons, break into the Capitol, try to kill Nancy and that Mexican chick from Jew York City, and then set this country free! 

My only regret is that I have but one lie to give for my country.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

the first rule of making through a federal insurrection trial.......DON'T USE THREE FUCKING NAMES! 

John Earle Sullivan.  Seriously?  You let your fucking lawyer list that on the court filings?  John Earle?  Was Tito Dipshit Sullivan already taken?  Dude, you are so fucked.  

I can't tell what's more plausible in my head, hearing "Hello folks, I'm John Earle...the manager of this here Cracker Barrel" -or- inmate #2237, "Imma cut John Earle tomorrow in the yard."  

Isn't it funny how all of these folks are suddenly getting religion regarding who actually assaulted the capitol when there are legal ramifications or other (job, business) ramifications?  It's like it's all fun and games and make believe soldiers and "we're gonna take back our government!" and "there's gonna be a party in the U.S. Capitol!"  until the implications of their stupidity are made clear to them in a way that even they understand.  Then it's like "Oh, I was just driving through Washington D.C. and I got swept up in a crowd of people who said they were going to see the President and gosh darn wouldn't you know that they were actually Q-Anon Proud Boys and one thing led to another ..."  It's like they're Andy Griffith getting swept up in the crowd to go see a football game in the cow pasture and the next thing you know, while they were trying to get a big orange drink, an insurrection broke out and they was jumpin' on one another and kickin' one another and stompin' on one another and I don't what all ...

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Isn't it funny how all of these folks are suddenly getting religion regarding who actually assaulted the capitol when there are legal ramifications or other (job, business) ramifications?  It's like it's all fun and games and make believe soldiers and "we're gonna take back our government!" and "there's gonna be a party in the U.S. Capitol!"  until the implications of their stupidity are made clear to them in a way that even they understand.  Then it's like "Oh, I was just driving through Washington D.C. and I got swept up in a crowd of people who said they were going to see the President and gosh darn wouldn't you know that they were actually Q-Anon Proud Boys and one thing led to another ..."  It's like they're Andy Griffith getting swept up in the crowd to go see a football game in the cow pasture and the next thing you know, while they were trying to get a big orange drink, an insurrection broke out and they was jumpin' on one another and kickin' one another and stompin' on one another and I don't what all ...

The FBI and US Attorneys have a knack for helping people find religion. 

8 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Fucking lawyers will argue about anything.

Fruit- Mature ovary of a flowering plant. Like, for example, a tomato.

Vegetable- The edible part of a plant. Like, for example, a tomato.

Wait, is this like that square/rectangle thing?

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Talk about a true classic reference.  Done long before most Surlyites were born.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

When the FBI found him, he told agents he'd gone to DC to hear Trump speak, got separated from his son and followed a crowd into the building...

f0b5bcb3-7a01-442b-812c-ce2ed11e0441_tex

• Hook 'Em 1

I spoke to my coworker a few days ago, and he mentioned his brother had driven from CA to DC for the rally, and gotten his picture taken inside the capitol. So far no FBI agents have showed up at his door. Yet.

Not to wish ill on my coworker and his brother's family, but I hope they nail his ass.

4 minutes ago, Superhero said:

I spoke to my coworker a few days ago, and he mentioned his brother had driven from CA to DC for the rally, and gotten his picture taken inside the capitol. So far no FBI agents have showed up at his door. Yet.

Not to wish ill on my coworker and his brother's family, but I hope they nail his ass.

They will.  FAAFA.

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

1 hour ago, abuelo gringo said:

Talk about a true classic reference.  Done long before most Surlyites were born.

599ded30cb09b.image.jpg?resize=1200,1594

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

ok...i'm not sure the guy's name in Burleson that got arrested for the insurrection...but that doesn't matter b/c i'm really writing about his neighbor, some other guy that i just saw interviewed on a Spectrum news story. asked about his insurrectionist neighbor, this guy can't stop laughing 🤣 he was all "no, it's not funny, what they did isn't funny, but THIS KID, hahahaaaa i can't believe it, butreallyican hahahaaahaha"

it was highly amusing 😄

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Well, to be fair, all these fuckers have been living in lala land and acting like 13 year olds for the last four years, so this is really no surprise.

17 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

My name's John Earle SulliVAN

Same as my daddy and some other man

Always used to see me in DC town

Me and DotJenna just stroll around

FBI Men wanted me and Jenna bad

Headed to the suburb with everything they had

Before my time but I been told

My back pussy is gettin sold.

You'll never come back from Capitol Grounds.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It acknowledged that botanically, tomatoes are a fruit.  But in common parlance are regarded and used as a vegetable, and within the context of the Tariff Act under consideration were classified as vegetables.

Within its context, it made perfect sense.

There was an earlier case where an attempt was made to classify beans as seeds, which, while technically accurate was not what was contemplated by the same Tariff Act.

So, not really comparable to Dred Scott.

You should try that argument with my high school biology teacher, Mr. Washington.

”But Mr. Washington sir, the Supreme Court says tomatoes are vegetables.”

Mr. Washington raises all 6’ 5” and 250 lbs of himself out of his chair and replies.

”I don’t give a single fuck what the Supreme Court says.  In the real world and for damn sure in this classroom, tomatoes are fruit. Now mark it fucking zero, zipperhead.”

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

Ordinarily I’m not a snitch, but I’ll make an exception for fucking traitors. You need to send an anonymous tip

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1