Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

53 minutes ago, Underdog said:

That's some bullshit. 

It's not as if she's going to be in Real Mexico. Bet she stays inside some resort bubble that's about as Mexican as a Taco Bell in Minnesota. Even if she wanders out, it's not  as if the Mexicans are going to give her a visa or hide her. You know she would feel compelled to broadcast her every move with a "secret" Instagram account.

Maybe the judge is evil like me, and hopes she'll try to make a run.

• Hook 'Em 1

1. What business owner would think it's a good idea to share their political beliefs? That's right... business owners running a grift and unsuccessful business owners.

2. We need higher education requirements for cops.

3. Who isn't a real estate broker these days?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If I were a single parent of eight I have to say insurrection might be pretty appealing. That or eating a bullet

I would go to prison to avoid home schooling 8 kids.

I’ll tell you who is hoping she walks.

Her ex who now has to grade the home school homework tests and make sure one of his spawn did not incorrectly check the FALSE box on “Did Dinosaurs and the People of the Bible co-exist?”

21 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Makes me wonder if Roger Stone 'helped' with some of those....

Roger Stone was the architect of the “brooks brothers riot” where a bunch of dipshit republicans in suits stormed into a voting precinct to “stop the steal” in Florida in 2000 during the Florida recount. 

The insurrection at the capitol is very similar and has his fingerprints all over it. I would not be surprised if he is later on arrested as a conspirator. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Roger Stone was the architect of the “brooks brothers riot” where a bunch of dipshit republicans in suits stormed into a voting precinct to “stop the steal” in Florida in 2000 during the Florida recount. 

Nixonian politics remain a threat almost 50 years after he was pushed out of office. Amazing to me.

WATCH: When drawing comparisons between Nixon and Trump, don't forget Roger Stone | Salon.com

Does Roger Stone Actually WANT to Go to Prison? - Extra Newsfeed

Alien-looking fellow.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

Nixonian politics remain a threat almost 50 years after he was pushed out of office. Amazing to me.

WATCH: When drawing comparisons between Nixon and Trump, don't forget Roger Stone | Salon.com

Does Roger Stone Actually WANT to Go to Prison? - Extra Newsfeed

Alien-looking fellow.

Nixonian with a jigger of Lee Atwater and a dash of Ralph Reed.  Mix it together, add a dash of Trump, and voila. The Shitbird Cocktail.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Haphap said:

And so it begins

Hmmmmm, a wedding in the secluded jungle city of Iquitos, Peru.  How lovely.  Why, it's just a few hours travel from there into Venezuela and it's unforced extradition treaty with the United States.  Gee, I wonder where this is going...

I'm glad my personal finances aren't part of the national news:

Jenna Ryan seemed like an unlikely participant in the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. She was a real estate agent from Texas. She flew into Washington on a private jet. And she was dressed that day in clothes better suited for a winter tailgate than a war.

Yet Ryan, 50, is accused of rushing into the Capitol past broken glass and blaring security alarms and, according to federal prosecutors, shouting: “Fight for freedom! Fight for freedom!”

But in a different way, she fit right in.

Despite her outward signs of success, Ryan had struggled financially for years. She was still paying off a $37,000 lien for unpaid federal taxes when she was arrested. She’d nearly lost her home to foreclosure before that. She filed for bankruptcy in 2012 and faced another IRS tax lien in 2010.

Nearly 60 percent of the people facing charges related to the Capitol riot showed signs of prior money troubles, including bankruptcies, notices of eviction or foreclosure, bad debts, or unpaid taxes over the past two decades, according to a Washington Post analysis of public records for 125 defendants with sufficient information to detail their financial histories.

The group’s bankruptcy rate — 18 percent — was nearly twice as high as that of the American public, The Post found. A quarter of them had been sued for money owed to a creditor. And 1 in 5 of them faced losing their home at one point, according to court filings.

Ryan had nearly lost everything. And the stakes seemed similarly high to her when she came to Washington in early January. She fully believed Trump’s false claims that the election was stolen and that he was going to save the country, she said in an interview with The Post.

But now — facing federal charges and abandoned by people she considered “fellow patriots” — she said she feels betrayed.

“I bought into a lie, and the lie is the lie, and it’s embarrassing,” she said. “I regret everything.”

Ryan, who lives in Frisco, Texas, a Dallas suburb, said she was slow to become a big Trump supporter.

She’s been described as a conservative radio talk show host. But she wasn’t a budding Rush Limbaugh. Her AM radio show each Sunday focused on real estate, and she paid for the airtime. She stopped doing the show in March, when the pandemic hit.

But she continued to run a service that offers advice for people struggling with childhood trauma and bad relationships. Ryan said the work was based on the steps she took to overcome her own rough upbringing.

Twice divorced and struggling with financial problems, Ryan developed an outlook that she described as politically conservative, leaning toward libertarian.

But politics was not her focal point until recently. She recalled being upset when President Barack Obama won reelection in 2012. And she preferred Trump over Hillary Clinton four years later. But she said she wasn’t strident in her support for Trump.

That changed as the 2020 election approached.

She said she started reading far-right websites such as Epoch Times and Gateway Pundit. She began streaming shows such as Alex Jones’s “Infowars” and former Trump campaign manager Stephen K. Bannon’s “War Room: Pandemic.” She began following conspiracy theories related to QAnon, a sprawling set of false claims that have coalesced into an extremist ideology. She said she didn’t know if the posts were true, but she was enthralled.

“It was all like a football game. I was sucked into it. Consumed by it,” Ryan said.

She attended the first protest in her life in April, going to Austin to vent about the state’s pandemic lockdown orders. That was followed by a rally for Shelley Luther, who gained national attention for reopening her beauty salon in Dallas in defiance of the lockdown.

Ryan said she traveled to Trump’s “Save America” rally on a whim. A Facebook friend offered to fly her and three others on a private plane.

They arrived in Washington a day early and got rooms at a Westin hotel downtown, Ryan said.

It was her first trip to the nation’s capital.

The next morning, Jan. 6, the group of friends left the hotel at 6 a.m., Ryan said. She was cold, so she bought a $35 knit snow hat with a “45” emblem from a souvenir shop. They then followed the crowd streaming toward the National Mall.

“My main concern was there were no bathrooms. I kept asking, ‘Where are the bathrooms?’” she said. “I was just having fun.”

They listened to some of the speakers. But mostly they walked around and took photos. She felt like a tourist. They grabbed sandwiches at a Wawa convenience store for lunch. They hired a pedicab to take them back to the hotel.

She drank white wine while the group watched on television as Congress prepared to certify the electoral college votes. They listened to clips of Trump telling rallygoers to walk to the Capitol and saying, “We fight like hell, and if you don’t fight like hell you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

They decided to leave the hotel and go to the Capitol.

Ryan said she was reluctant.

But she also posted a video to her Facebook account that showed her looking into a bathroom mirror and saying, according to an FBI account of her charges: “We’re gonna go down and storm the capitol. They’re down there right now and that’s why we came and so that’s what we are going to do. So wish me luck.”

She live-streamed on Facebook. She posted photos to Twitter. She got closer to the Capitol with each post. She stood on the Capitol’s steps. She flashed a peace symbol next to a smashed Capitol window. The FBI also found video of her walking through doors on the west side of the Capitol in the middle of a packed crowd, where she said into a camera, according to the bureau: “Y’all know who to hire for your realtor. Jenna Ryan for your realtor.”

The FBI document does not state how long Ryan spent inside the building. She said it was just a few minutes. She and her new friends eventually walked back to the hotel, she said.

“We just stormed the Capital,” Ryan tweeted that afternoon. “It was one of the best days of my life.”

She said she realized she was in trouble only after returning to Texas. Her phone was blowing up with messages. Her social media posts briefly made her the infamous face of the riots: the smiling real estate agent who flew in a private jet to an insurrection.

Nine days later, she turned herself in to the FBI. She was charged with two federal misdemeanors related to entering the Capitol building and disorderly conduct. Last week, federal authorities filed similar charges against two others on her flight: Jason L. Hyland, 37, of Frisco, who federal authorities said organized the trip, and Katherine S. Schwab, 32, of Colleyville, Texas.

Ryan remained defiant at first. She clashed with people who criticized her online. She told a Dallas TV station she deserved a presidential pardon.

Then Trump left for Florida. President Biden took office. And Ryan, at home in Texas, was left to wonder what to do with her two mini-goldendoodle dogs if she goes to prison.

“Not one patriot is standing up for me,” Ryan said recently. “I’m a complete villain. I was down there based on what my president said. ‘Stop the steal.’ Now I see that it was all over nothing. He was just having us down there for an ego boost. I was there for him.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/02/10/capitol-insurrectionists-jenna-ryan-financial-problems/

Edited by Bookman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Gee, I can't imagine Trump and his crew manipulating people with financial problems to do their violent bidding for them.  Did not see that coming.  

Also, wasn't everybody the best they've ever been financially under Trump's four years in office?  Or did the 60% with public financial woes only start feeling the pinch after the Electoral College vote in early December?  Man, that's a rough skid in one month.  Thoughts & Prayers. 

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

the justice system in America has two branches, one for whites and one for non whites. guess which group gets fucked over at every turn 

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Gee, I can't imagine Trump and his crew manipulating people with financial problems to do their violent bidding for them.  Did not see that coming.  

Also, wasn't everybody the best they've ever been financially under Trump's four years in office?  Or did the 60% with public financial woes only start feeling the pinch after the Electoral College vote in early December?  Man, that's a rough skid in one month.  Thoughts & Prayers. 

As my  neighbor said, "WhiTe pEoPle ArE BuLlied!"

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Hmmmmm, a wedding in the secluded jungle city of Iquitos, Peru.  How lovely.  Why, it's just a few hours travel from there into Venezuela and it's unforced extradition treaty with the United States.  Gee, I wonder where this is going...

Yeah, I don't think these people have the means--or the ability to culturally assimilate--to permanently move to Venezuela to avoid what will probably be a month in minimum security prison and some community service.

They're stupid enough to try to do that though out of fear of what federal prison might be like.  

Plus, his wife is from inland Peru.  She can assimilate in SW Venezuela with no issue whatsoever.  They could move between the two nations relatively easily, I'm guessing.  

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, I don't think these people have the means--or the ability to culturally assimilate--to permanently move to Venezuela to avoid what will probably be a month in minimum security prison and some community service.

Am I being suspicious that maybe he's using the 'plausible deniability' in his initial defense (just standing around debating about entering the building) and perhaps he was paid to do a job and is being paid to 'leave' before anything gets further investigated or comes out later? Head down there and it blows over?

Rather than place this in the impeachment thread, which will progress rapidly in a few hours, here is another comprehensive take on the events leading up to the insurrection. There have been several media groups that have done this, but this group is the one that discovered the video shown prior to Trump speaking.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Also, Venezuela is the country that these idiots point to as the disastrous example of what happens when liberals are in charge.

After thinking on it, I retract my assertion that these guys aren't a flight risk.

"I'm moving to Venezuela to flee a country that I fear is becoming Venezuela" would be on fucking brand for these mental giants.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

After thinking on it, I retract my assertion that these guys aren't a flight risk.

"I'm moving to Venezuela to flee a country that I fear is becoming Venezuela" would be on fucking brand for these mental giants.

Not that intellectual honesty has ever been their strongest trait but I’m coming around to letting them go.  I get the irony that these idiots likely railed against public health driven restrictions on economic grounds. Now they choose to take their discretionary spending that could support local businesses out of the country.  Logically inconsistent. Sure. Hypocritical. Of course. Totally on brand. Yep. 

But where I land is being fine with them never coming back. Would I prefer them rot in prison?  Sure. But I’ll take getting the fuck out forever as a consolation prize.