1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

The finality of it all is coming. Stupid people voting and not fully comprehending what it fucking means. Nationalism is GREAT except when it inconveniences them, then it's the EUs fault.

https://i.redd.it/c8j3lmzwyz751.png

c8j3lmzwyz751.png

I love this so much.

and the good news keeps coming...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/job-interviews-british-citizens-europe-brexit-a9593066.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Representatives of British in Europe, an umbrella organisation representing the 1.2 million British people living on the continent, said the loss of rights was “already real” for many people living abroad.

UK nationals have free movement in the EU until the end of the transition period in December this year, giving them the right to live work and study abroad.

But EU employers are anticipating the end of those right, which will make it harder for Britons to do some jobs that involve cross-border travel.

“We are seeing people refused interviews for jobs because those jobs require the freedom to travel across the EU,” Kalba Meadows, a steering group member of British in Europe who lives in France, told the EU Future Relationship Select Committee.

I mean, you want to say "look at those unintended consequences."

But the problem is, these were all known, predictable consequences, that were known and warned against over and over and over, but they still said "FUCK YOU!  NATIONALISM ROOLZ!"....and here they are griping about shit that was known, and they were warned about.  

Complete and total stupidity.  It is our brand as a species.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean, you want to say "look at those unintended consequences."

But the problem is, these were all known, predictable consequences, that were known and warned against over and over and over, but they still said "FUCK YOU!  NATIONALISM ROOLZ!"....and here they are griping about shit that was known, and they were warned about.  

Complete and total stupidity.  It is our brand as a species.

Actually, these are intended consequences.  They voted to Brexit specifically in order to prevent EU citizens from residing or working in the UK without a visa.  Given that, surely they didn't expect that UK citizens would be allowed to continue to reside and work in the EU without a visa.  These learned scholars of international relations must understand the meaning of reciprocity.

Just kidding.  "We didn't mean we wanted to ban all French people.  Just the brown ones.  Please let us continue to bring our fatasses to your Mediterranean town where we will refuse to even learn a lick of the local language and act put upon when the local baker doesn't speak English.  Oh, but we love the bakeries and the culture."

Of course they expected to continue doing whatever the fuck they wanted to in Europe while also telling EU citizens to pound sand.  They may be the only people more narcissistic than Americans when it comes to their place in the world.  "No you may not visit my country, but you should see it as an honor that I visit yours."  Just kidding on that too.  We are the worst.

What are the chances a sizable portion of the “somewheres” voted Brexit just to keep the “anywheres” from trotting off to the continent for their fancy pants jobs?

I’m thinking it’s in the high 100s.

36 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Actually, these are intended consequences.  They voted to Brexit specifically in order to prevent EU citizens from residing or working in the UK without a visa.  Given that, surely they didn't expect that UK citizens would be allowed to continue to reside and work in the EU without a visa.  These learned scholars of international relations must understand the meaning of reciprocity.

Just kidding.  "We didn't mean we wanted to ban all French people.  Just the brown ones.  Please let us continue to bring our fatasses to your Mediterranean town where we will refuse to even learn a lick of the local language and act put upon when the local baker doesn't speak English.  Oh, but we love the bakeries and the culture."

Of course they expected to continue doing whatever the fuck they wanted to in Europe while also telling EU citizens to pound sand.  They may be the only people more narcissistic than Americans when it comes to their place in the world.  "No you may not visit my country, but you should see it as an honor that I visit yours."  Just kidding on that too.  We are the worst.

nothing to add. just wanted to quote this again because it's beautiful.

There was a poll that just came out a few days ago showing a rise in support for staying in the EU among the Brits. Interestingly, most other countries across Europe also saw an increase in support.

Quick snippet:

Four years on from the UK's Brexit vote, a majority of British voters would now opt to remain inside the European Union, says new research.

According to the European Social Survey (ESS), a pan-European poll carried out every two years, 56.8% of respondents in the UK indicated that they would vote to remain inside the bloc, an increase from 49.9% the last time the survey was published in 2018. The most recent survey shows that of those questioned in the UK, 34.9% said they would vote to leave and 8.3% said they would not vote at all.

The findings -- shared exclusively with CNN -- come in the same week that marked the fourth anniversary of the 2016 referendum. The intervening years have seen the UK engage in divisive internal debate about precisely what form Brexit should take, complicated negotiations with Brussels on how the country would leave the bloc, and painful political deadlock that only ended on January 31 this year, when the UK finally left the EU.

The survey also reveals that support for the EU has grown broadly across the continent.

The latest survey of 26 countries, four of which are not member states, reveals an increase in support for EU membership, suggesting that speculation that other countries would quickly follow the UK to exit the union is possibly unfounded.

More:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/25/uk/uk-supports-eu-four-years-after-brexit-intl-gbr/index.html

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

There was a poll that just came out a few days ago showing a rise in support for staying in the EU among the Brits. Interestingly, most other countries across Europe also saw an increase in support.

Quick snippet:

Four years on from the UK's Brexit vote, a majority of British voters would now opt to remain inside the European Union, says new research.

According to the European Social Survey (ESS), a pan-European poll carried out every two years, 56.8% of respondents in the UK indicated that they would vote to remain inside the bloc, an increase from 49.9% the last time the survey was published in 2018. The most recent survey shows that of those questioned in the UK, 34.9% said they would vote to leave and 8.3% said they would not vote at all.

The findings -- shared exclusively with CNN -- come in the same week that marked the fourth anniversary of the 2016 referendum. The intervening years have seen the UK engage in divisive internal debate about precisely what form Brexit should take, complicated negotiations with Brussels on how the country would leave the bloc, and painful political deadlock that only ended on January 31 this year, when the UK finally left the EU.

The survey also reveals that support for the EU has grown broadly across the continent.

The latest survey of 26 countries, four of which are not member states, reveals an increase in support for EU membership, suggesting that speculation that other countries would quickly follow the UK to exit the union is possibly unfounded.

More:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/25/uk/uk-supports-eu-four-years-after-brexit-intl-gbr/index.html

72dab49f-90f8-4bbf-8458-baabf5816c61_tex

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

guessing real estate in marbella is getting really cheap

Torremolinos Torremoliiiinos.

8 hours ago, F250 said:

It didn't quite work out for Sinn Fein despite coming in first in the general election. A centrist coalition was formed and they were able to keep Sinn Fein out of leadership with the appointment of Michael Martin as Prime Minister (Taoiseach). Sinn Fein is now the opposition party as of this weekend.

Well motherfucker

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

Well motherfucker

Yeah, the parliamentary system is a trip.

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

costa ingles

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I am down for moving there. The only downside was all the British expats but Brexit should clear a lot of them out.

As a young man I was propositioned by a group of Scandinavian milfs for sexy time in Torremolinos. They were probably late 30's but that's ancient when you are young. Besides picking up chicks there is like shooting fish in a barrel. As an old man I feel like uncle Rico, "if only I could go back in time. I would slay all those milfs."

8 minutes ago, elfenix said:

costa ingles

Playa del ingles? I have family in Gran Canaria and there are definitely too many Brits in the area. Which is probably better than Italians because those fuckers always ruin the party.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Playa del ingles? I have family in Gran Canaria and there are definitely too many Brits in the area. Which is probably better than Italians because those fuckers always ruin the party.

south med coast of spain (costa del sol) has a shit ton of englishmen.  they're not just sneaking out of gibraltar at night.  whole area should be renamed costa ingles. 

4 minutes ago, elfenix said:

south med coast of spain (costa del sol) has a shit ton of englishmen.  they're not just sneaking out of gibraltar at night.  whole area should be renamed costa ingles. 

Oh I hear you. They definitely overrun the place.

43 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

...I can’t imagine that trade negotiations are going well for anyone at the moment but the Brits must be starting to panic which isn’t good for negotiations.

Seems like negotiations are progressing in a business as usual fashion as far as I can tell...

A post-Brexit trade deal between the UK and Japan may have met an unlikely obstacle - stilton cheese.

On Friday, the two sides said they hoped to agree the details of a post-Brexit trade agreement by the end of the month.

The Department for International Trade said talks are ongoing.

But progress has reportedly been blown off course after International Trade Secretary Liz Truss requested better terms for British blue cheeses.

The Financial Times, which first reported that talks had hit a snag, said Ms Truss may be looking for a symbolic victory, as sales of blue cheese to Japan from the UK were only £102,000 last year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53737388

On August 12, 2020 at 9:34 PM, tx 3 putt said:

hmmm blue cheese, now i want some wings 

Repped for proper dressing pairing with wings. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2020 at 2:51 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

I thought ours was down 30%, not 10% as stated in that article.

Did dotard make the Office of National Statistics revise it already?

10.6% isn't annualized.  the 2nd quarter the US was down 9.5% alone, which is the 30% annualized shrink:

https://www.bea.gov/news/2020/gross-domestic-product-2nd-quarter-2020-advance-estimate-and-annual-update

Edited by elfenix

So the Government now wants to trash the Withdrawal Agreement, which the Tory manifesto said was "a good deal" and was "signed, sealed and delivered."  But to do so would violate not only a campaign promise, but also a binding international treaty.  

And now the House of Lords is saying that they're going to block any bill that revises the Withdrawal Agreement, on some sort of reverse-Salisbury theory.

Fucking wild.

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion