DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

Let me take a stab:
  • Their parents shouldn't have been here illegally anyhow.  You reap what you sow.  Stealing jobs from Americans. 
  • Too bad, send them back with their parents. They are anchor babies and now expect to be taken care of using MY taxpayer dollars.
  • We have to change the laws to prevent them from just being giving citizenship because they were born here to illegal parents.

You certainly played the hits.

We are a shitty, shitty country. And what makes it worse is that we pretend/claim to be the best nation the world has ever seen. Kind of like how I think being assaulted by a cop or parent (someone who is supposed to protect you) is an extra level of shitty.
If we were another tinpot dictatorship, this would be par for the course. But we CLAIM to be the shining city on the hill.
We’re the bad guys. The whole time we’ve been reading this story of America - an ambiguous story, to be sure, but with lots of heroic arcs - now we’re at the big reveal: we were the villain, all along.
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, go find the twitter posts on this stuff and read the comments. The trumpkins are overjoyed, cheering this.

And there’s the proof of evolution, folks.

What you saw wasn’t “people” being “overjoyed.” What you saw, Brisket, was monkeys throwing feces.

Now, here’s where the proof of evolution is:

Evolution is the theory of biodiversity, and where Trumpkins divert from chimps is that when chimps throw shit for all the world to see, they don’t consider themselves intelligent for having done so. In fact, sometimes, they actually seem to feel guilty.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 2

Seeing people trying to even attempt to frame it as illegals taking good paying jobs from Americans, WHEN AMERICANS WON'T EVEN WORK THESE JOBS WITH BETTER PAY, is amazing. Just accept your grotesque, inhumane, flagrantly racist beliefs and quit the bullshit.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We’re the bad guys. The whole time we’ve been reading this story of America - an ambiguous story, to be sure, but with lots of heroic arcs - now we’re at the big reveal: we were the villain, all along.

I still think we have one chance at redemption.  And that's coming in almost exactly 15 months.  There will be more horrors between now and then for sure, but that will be our last chance to stand up and prove who we can be.  

39 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We are a shitty, shitty country. And what makes it worse is that we pretend/claim to be the best nation the world has ever seen. Kind of like how I think being assaulted by a cop or parent (someone who is supposed to protect you) is an extra level of shitty.
If we were another tinpot dictatorship, this would be par for the course. But we CLAIM to be the shining city on the hill.

And GOPRushFoxHannityReagan have played this angle for close to 4 decades. Rugged individualism, bootstrappin', small govt, cut taxes, trickle down, leader of free world, blah, blah, blah.

Same with guns, and you have to include Putin in this 4-D planning. Stoke fear of any non-whites, co-opt the NRA to preach that more guns will save us, stoke more fear of non-whites to the point that white supremacists commit violence against non-whites, call for more guns ... Rinse and Repeat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

“Stealing jobs from Americans?”  

Fuck me with a chainsaw.  They’re working at chicken plants in rural Mississippi.  Americans won’t do those jobs for any amount of money.

do the chickens have large talons?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I still think we have one chance at redemption.  And that's coming in almost exactly 15 months.  There will be more horrors between now and then for sure, but that will be our last chance to stand up and prove who we can be.  

We'll still have the enormous kidney stone of Trumpists waiting for a competent demagogue to stir them up. I'm talking very large kidney stone along the lines of a 40 carat diamond with lots of points wrapped in sand paper.

I don't think we can pass it. When we try to, there will be blood.

Just now, RomaVicta said:

We'll still have the enormous kidney stone of Trumpists waiting for a competent demagogue to stir them up. I'm talking very large kidney stone along the lines of a 40 carat diamond with lots of points wrapped in sand paper.

We can't.  We have a cancer that cannot be excised, because it is an inextricable part of our body politic.  A cancer like that is fatal.  We can and should fight it, that's great.  I'm just telling you, if I was a Dr. advising the patient, you should get your affairs in order, because the chances of long-term survival are shit.

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Oh, don't think I have forgotten that.  But this is step 1.  Without step 1, there are no more steps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

We can't.  We have a cancer that cannot be excised, because it is an inextricable part of our body politic.  A cancer like that is fatal.  We can and should fight it, that's great.  I'm just telling you, if I was a Dr. advising the patient, you should get your affairs in order, because the chances of long-term survival are shit.

Brisket, I will be right there on that ledge with you in November 2020 if it comes to pass like I think it might, but I'm going to wait until then.  I've donated to 5 different campaigns and will probably donate a couple of more times once a nominee has been chosen.  I will vote and encourage my friends and co-workers to vote.  If that's not enough, then I will enjoy the ride to the bottom and then out of this country.

19 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Fuck me with a chainsaw.  They’re working at chicken plants in rural Mississippi.  Americans won’t do those jobs for any amount of money.

Well again, we have a labor shortage of nearly 8 million. One cannot argue that “illegals are taking our jobs” until

1. that figure goes to 0

2. it then turns into a labor surplus/job shortage

3. That surplus number reflects that for every illegal immigrant that’s employed, there’s a citizen that’s unemployed and looking for work in a field that has at least 1 illegal working in it.

Failing to meet any of these 3 conditions instantly nullifies that ridiculous claim. When you have a labor shortage of 7.6 million and an unemployment population of 6.2 million (as in there are enough positions for every single unemployed person in America and it would still leave us with a remainder of 1.4 million in terms of labor shortage if they took them), the claim is nullified.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 2

If this had anything to do with "stealing jobs from Americans" we'd be going after the employers. Which would actually do something to help solve the supposed problem.

It doesn't and we aren't.
  • Like 1

A 41-year-old Detroit man deported to Iraq in June died Tuesday, according to the American Civil Liberties Union and two people close to the man’s family.

The man, Jimmy Aldaoud, spent most of his life in the U.S., but was swept up in President Donald Trump’s intensified immigration enforcement efforts.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/07/iraqi-man-dies-deportation-trump-administration-1643512

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Let me take a stab:

• Their parents shouldn't have been here illegally anyhow.  You reap what you sow.  Stealing jobs from Americans. 
  • Too bad, send them back with their parents. They are anchor babies and now expect to be taken care of using MY taxpayer dollars.
  • We have to change the laws to prevent them from just being giving citizenship because they were born here to illegal parents.

You forget to mention, "They're animals."

58 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Doesn't stop them from screaming it to high heaven.

Not like these immigrants are working as lawyers, doctors, bankers, accountants, consultants.  They are working in chicken plants, picking produce, cleaning hotels and cutting lawns. 

This shit is fucked up. Ruining families and hurting children in the process. This shit fucks with your head so much. I have alot of family on different types of visas and they are scared as hell. Few motherfuckera need their ass beat

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You certainly played the hits.

We lie to ourselves that we're this great moral country. This country was started by killing native Americans. 

America is not unique in its sins. As a country, we’re not unique in its evils to be honest with you. I think where we might be singular is our refusal to acknowledge them. And the legends and myths we tell about our inherit goodness. To hide and cover and conceal so that we can maintain a kind of willful ignorance that protects our innocence. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, retread said:

If it hasn't been said in the last 5 minutes, fuck every one of the Nazis in this administration.

This.  But also all of us.  I am so fucking sick and tired of hearing from politicians "this isn't who we are" as though we're not the ones doing this.  Or all of this is solely due to Stephen Miller or ICE or whoever.  We are doing this.  Our tax dollars are paying ICE's salary.   This is exactly who we are.

8 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

This shit is fucked up. Ruining families and hurting children in the process. This shit fucks with your head so much. I have alot of family on different types of visas and they are scared as hell. Few motherfuckera need their ass beat

Especially when you realize it’s all for cruelty. Not the economy or crime, just hate, racism and cruelty. 

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

This.  But also all of us.  I am so fucking sick and tired of hearing from politicians "this isn't who we are" as though we're not the ones doing this.  Or all of this is solely due to Stephen Miller or ICE or whoever.  We are doing this.  Our tax dollars are paying ICE's salary.   This is exactly who we are.

Emphasis for fucking truth.

It's being done in our name, with our money.  And because a metric shitton of us WANT it that way.  Every drop of blood, every scream of anguish, all of it....it's on our hands.  And spoiler -- it never, ever washes off.  Ask a German about it.

In 2019, you do not want any arm of the government to cast its gaze upon you, esp if you aren't a white R.

You think about calling your reps in DC, but you know that you're going to talk to a pimply faced intern who will 'pass that message along to your rep.'

For as badly as many of these immigrants have been treated, for all of the indignities that they've suffered, for all of the immigrants who have lost their lives at the words of an American president ... it should be noted that there have been very, very few examples of bad behavior or language from the immigrants. 

In every interview you see with an immigrant in a packed cage with no water, there are generally no outbursts or offensive language. They comport themselves with dignity.

They want to come here and contribute to the USA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, retread said:

In 2019, you do not want any arm of the government to cast its gaze upon you, esp if you aren't a white R.

You think about calling your reps in DC, but you know that you're going to talk to a pimply faced intern who will 'pass that message along to your rep.' they are Rs who are complicit.

Fixed for Texas

2 hours ago, lemonlime said:

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Especially when you realize it’s all for cruelty. Not the economy or crime, just hate, racism and cruelty. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Emphasis for fucking truth.

It's being done in our name, with our money.  And because a metric shitton of us WANT it that way.  Every drop of blood, every scream of anguish, all of it....it's on our hands.  And spoiler -- it never, ever washes off.  Ask a German about it.

2 hours ago, elguapo said:

These kids came home from THEIR FIRST FUCKING DAY OF SCHOOL TO NO PARENTS, I'M FUCKING RAGING RIGHT NOW

All of this. The sick element of America likes to strut and proclaim their own toughness as their worst inclinations are carried out vicariously by the cruel element of ICE. You know these removed hard asses love it when they can say they don't care about the suffering Mexicans in custody. They love to say, I have no sympathy for these criminals.

This separates them from the libs who they hate and use to identify themselves. Libs are soft, we are hard. Libs are intellectual elites, we got the common sense. Libs coddle criminals, we cheer prison rape and generally bad treatment.

Because we're tough guys.

This country sucks.

• Like 1

[Republican] Tough shit, muchacha!  Your daddy shouldn'ta been [checks notes] a guy who risked his life to travel someplace far away so his family could be safe and he could work a grueling and low-paying job to provide for his family!  We don't need fuckers like that in our country!  You're gittin' what you deserve, so, GIT!  [/Republican]

• Like 2

The group that raised millions of dollars to build a privately funded border wall and raised 25 million dollars from a bunch of rubes who were too stupid to know they were being fleeced?  Under criminal investigation.

One of the complaints provided to ABC News by the department -- received on Jan. 13 and written by Minnesota Assistant Attorney General Wendy Tien, which she noted was written in her "personal capacity"-- expresses concerns that the group's founder and the creator of the GoFundMe campaign, Miramar resident Brian Kolfage, was redirecting the donations to the nonprofit after learning that GoFundMe may require him to refund the money since he did not meet his $1 billion goal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/group-behind-privately-funded-border-wall-under-criminal-investigation/ar-AAFxD1H?ocid=spartandhp

10 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

So the business owners were arrested and charged right?

Maybe fined, but odds are strong that they complied with the law.

Employers are more or less handcuffed between a useless employment eligibilty system and anti-discrimination law.

Until the government goes after the employers with as much vigor as they go after the workers, this will continue to be a problem.

Also I saw some tweets claiming 300 of the people arrested in Mississippi have been let go because they’re actually citizens/legal. Anyone else seen any confirmation or anything like that?

On 8/9/2019 at 8:18 AM, JBJ said:

Maybe fined, but odds are strong that they complied with the law.

Based on what? I'm sure you think you're going to come up with a clever answer that you think is smart and intelligent...

but here's what the court documents say:

"This affidavit sets forth facts establishing probable cause to believe that P H Food, Inc and others are willfully and unlawfully employing illegal aliens in violation of Federal Law and within locations which are further described in Attachment A, currently exists those items, set forth in Attachment B, which constitutes evidence, instrumentalities, contraband and/or fruits of the violations."

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6251347-Immigration-Raids-Affidavit-PH-Food.html

Edited by hpslugga