Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I’m sorry, but the bullshit around attrition and talent is fine and all, but Kansas is in a far worse situation in both instances than Texas. They were on the road. Give me a fucking break on the apologism for Sarkisian and his band of buttfucks regarding the loss on Saturday or this season. Yeah, talent and players are part of the problem, but we’re awash in shitty mediocrity with the coaching staff, starting with the unmerited head loser in charge. Jesus tittyfucking Christ. 

Obviously, we didn't want to be there.

27 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

Lololololol

jajajsja I remember when I used to make fun of Texags for posting this crap.  

We’ve made fun of them for a multitude of things, specifically OL recruiting. Their culture has changed and they’re definitely headed in a more upward trajectory than we are.

10 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

You're not wrong, but don't discount the fact that buttfucks can win championships with superior talent. Buttfucks like Gene Chizik and Barry Switzer. The problem is the roster. I have no confidence that this staff can turn it around by force of will and good vibes, but they inherited a problem they can't fix. They didn't create the problem. There's no talent on the roster, much less the superior talent that this staff could win with. The staff sucks, the roster sucks, the product is worse. There's no apologism here.

Look, I get where you’re at and I wasn’t addressing you. The media white-knighting of Sarkisian has begun. The onslaught of “he needs as much time as required to build up the roster” nonsense has started. We’ve witnessed this guy’s ineptitude. We’re about to be coated in 6-7 years of it is what I’m picking up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, closetojumping said:

Look, I get where you’re at and I wasn’t addressing you. The media white-knighting of Sarkisian has begun. The onslaught of “he needs as much time as required to build up the roster” nonsense has started. We’ve witnessed this guy’s ineptitude. We’re about to be coated in 6-7 years of it is what I’m picking up. 

that narrative quickly changes if theres no improvement in year 2

• Like 3

3 hours ago, squeegeedegg said:

I don't know anything from anyone in the know, but isn't this what most thought?  we the fans wanted Herman gone for football reasons but I always believed the University did the canning pretty much solely due to the negative PR from all that mess.  Largely the same group of players that became apparently really invested in off the field advocacy is now being expected to forget it all and focus on football?  Their give a fuck meter is just so low, I would be curious to know what else you heard 

No, he was canned for being a train wreck off the field.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, torre said:

Do recruits sit in the end zone  ?    Thought they would sit with their parents (if accompanied) near the parent section close to midfield (or used to be)  ? 

But as someone previously mentioned,  it was Student Parents Weekend so perhaps a change. 

SW corner section 43 is reserved for players parents and team visitors/recruits.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

To show just how broken I now am, I'd welcome this. And I've never, ever been a fan of how Patterson conducts himself and never wanted him as head coach. But the man knows defense, and I'm not sure anyone on our current staff really does. 

I could see trying to "fix" the broken Texas defense being the type of project Patterson could actually get behind.  A motivated and spurned Patterson might actually work and it can't possibly be any worse.  So of course we won't try it.

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

I listened to Bobby Burton’s latest podcast with Joe Cook. At the end of it he said that Sark enjoys “almost uniform support” among the BMD’s he talks to, even after the Kansas game, due to the way Sark comports himself off the field, both in public appearances and privately. They think Sark represents the University well, which seems to jibe with our Surly reports from the mood inside the SEZ suites. Rage away, but that’s what Bobby said. 

That’s always been the mood in the west boxes in Belmont.   It’s a Junior league, headliners club suckfest every game day for as long as I’ve been going.  

The  food is ok and you can stock your bar as you see fit, so there’s that.  The football give a shit is about a 2/10, there’s a few former players that get loud when they rash the box down the hall.  

• Hook 'Em 1

No, he was canned for being a train wreck off the field.  

They sort of go hand in hand. If Tom Herman hadn’t burned bridges with donors/admin and been such a monumental prick so as to crater recruiting by sheer force of personality, he’d still be here.

But he did those things and he’s not. We’ll see the opposite happen with Sark - he’ll clearly get to stay longer than he deserves because of good relationships with the powers that be.

49 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

To show just how broken I now am, I'd welcome this. And I've never, ever been a fan of how Patterson conducts himself and never wanted him as head coach. But the man knows defense, and I'm not sure anyone on our current staff really does. 

So defense recruiting is going to be a twisted, bi-polar sweat rag as fat Pat negative recruits players to not come to UT but come play for UT. 

Thats a paradox I’d be willing to watch play out.  

23 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

They sort of go hand in hand. If Tom Herman hadn’t burned bridges with donors/admin and been such a monumental prick so as to crater recruiting by sheer force of personality, he’d still be here.

But he did those things and he’s not. We’ll see the opposite happen with Sark - he’ll clearly get to stay longer than he deserves because of good relationships with the powers that be.

If 7WS can live up to his nickname the next few years and for cause doesn’t emerge, he will linger.   If next year goes down like this year, he won’t be here in 2023.  

34 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I could see trying to "fix" the broken Texas defense being the type of project Patterson could actually get behind.  A motivated and spurned Patterson might actually work and it can't possibly be any worse.  So of course we won't try it.

this might be our (at least mine) nightmare come to life.   Patterson probably makes this a better team, keeps 7WS around longer, then when it’s time to hit eject we end up promoting Patterson.  Seems like something stupid we would do, so probably happens.  

Meanwhile…. We will sit back and watch musical chairs where Riley, Dabo, Rhule, and Urban all get money-whipped to new gigs that can barely afford their 10-15M salaries, but we’re good because we got Patterson on the cheap for $6M.  All those guys are going to show us they were attainable for enough money.  

• Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Going out in flames on this one: (a) Ash wasn't a world beater/ not any good.  (b) we made it a YOOUGE mistake firing Mack (c) David ash was not any good. (d) Half of this board maybe thought that? WTF? (e) Really prove it? 

this thread goes off on tangents a lot but i didn't have David Ash as a topic on the bingo card. much less being 3 of someone's 5 points?

nor did i think we were going to rehash Mack "killing himself recruiting in Florida" Brown

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I’m going to take a wild guess that this is the first thread I the history of Longhorn message boards with a title in Aramaic. 

6 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

We all need Jesus - Ryan Gosling Hey | Meme Generator

We need a little more Aramaic. We need to declare Talitha Koum to our football program and recruiting. 

5 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

No. Essentially most of this board thought somehow David Ash was this bad ass QB (narrator: he was just ok)

Ash was ok, not great. He had good measurables, but even in HS he was not dominant and he spent a fair amount of time injured. It surprised me that we wanted him so badly.

Mack had to be fired. He was stealing from us at the end. And his exit proved that he cared much more about taking care of Mack Brown than doing what was best for Texas Football, Inc. His petulance may have finished off this program for good. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting