Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Campbell moved up two spots on the final Rivals rankings from #16 to #14.  Looks like Banks is no longer a 5* on Rivals.

yeah, figured he was going to drop after Ketch was unimpressed seeing his highlights.  Dunlap was still high on him though..

So Banks will be all conference soon enough

*Unimpressed from his AA highlights*

Edited by Thiefery

Just now, Thiefery said:

yeah, figured he was going to drop after Ketch was unimpressed seeing his highlights.  Dunlap was still high on him though..

So Banks will be all conference soon enough

Well after looking Banks was previously #10 and they haven't made it that far yet on the updates so still possible.

1 minute ago, Big Woodrows said:

Mentioned in the comments that his recruitment is turning into a family tug-of-war. Lines up with his earlier commentary that there were several 2022 prospects who didn't want to go to A&M but got pushed their by their parent$.

shocked philip j fry GIF

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Mentioned in the comments that his recruitment is turning into a family tug-of-war. Lines up with his earlier commentary that there were several 2022 prospects who didn't want to go to A&M but got pushed their by their parent$.

I would love to see this then morph into him going to the NCAA afterwards about A&M offering so much money that it is tearing his family apart

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

For those asking about Campbell, Gerry's response: "Just a shade under 6-3 with 33'ish inch arms. Wingspan of 81 due to very broad shoulders for his height. He's going to be a tremendous prospect regardless. Initial quickness and body quickness are ++."

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

For those asking about Campbell, Gerry's response: "Just a shade under 6-3 with 33'ish inch arms. Wingspan of 81 due to very broad shoulders for his height. He's going to be a tremendous prospect regardless. Initial quickness and body quickness are ++."

Outstanding. Shoulders too wide to be a 5 star.

6'3" Richard Sherman with 32" arms - long arms help him be a superstar
6'3" Devon Campbell with 33" arms - arms aren't long enough

arm-length.jpg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Outstanding. Shoulders too wide to be a 5 star.

6'3" Richard Sherman with 32" arms - long arms help him be a superstar
6'3" Devon Campbell with 33" arms - arms aren't long enough

arm-length.jpg

Not quite sure I understand the comparison. Sherman played against much smaller human beings. I think that was Gerry's sad way of saying I think he is a pure guard. I know arm length and OTs has been a discussion around the combine lately. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Does Florida really already have the bag game needed to get Perkins? 

Feels like this one still ends up Aggie but at a higher price.

"already?" You realize that bag infrastructure doesn't just up and disappear with a new head coach, right? Any more than, I don't know, Texags doesn't just up and disappear with every new head coach. Coaches don't have to come in and put in a cheating infrastructure...because they fucking can't. 

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Not quite sure I understand the comparison. Sherman played against much smaller human beings. I think that was Gerry's sad way of saying I think he is a pure guard. I know arm length and OTs has been a discussion around the combine lately. 

It was a comment on shoulder width between Campbell and Sherman. Scouts get hung up on general rules a lot without actually understanding them (hi Poona!), not to mention that it's still dumb that college website scouts try to play NFL scout. I don't give a shit how Campbell does in the NFL other than it would help future recruiting. 

The image was the bigger point showing that arm length has little to no correlation to NFL performance. Those are NFL PFF offensive tackle grades. 

Edited by Huckleberry

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

"already?" You realize that bag infrastructure doesn't just up and disappear with a new head coach, right? Any more than, I don't know, Texags doesn't just up and disappear with every new head coach. Coaches don't have to come in and put in a cheating infrastructure...because they fucking can't. 

Mullen's classes sure don't seem to be the result of some special bag infrastructure in place. Pretty big leap to suddenly outbagging this year's Aggies