Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

8 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

While I agree but has the North Carolina scandal affected their degree or academic side? Did the Duke lacrosse scandal affect their academic prestige? Did the Reggie Bush scandal affect the USC academic reputation? Did tattoo gate or Urban Meyer affect Ohio State's academic reputation? Is what UGA doing in buying players ruining their academic side? What about Aaron Hernandez/Urban Meyer at Florida?

All mentioned are ranked ahead or near us with on US News university academic rankings. 

First of all, the Duke LacCrosse scandal was manufactured. Maybe check it out. The other things all absolutely impacted the reputations of those schools. I’ve been in business deals or meetings and seen them come up. Do you live in your mom’s basement or shed? You seem utterly sheltered from the outside world. 

• Hook 'Em 8

10 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

While I agree but has the North Carolina scandal affected their degree or academic side? Did the Duke lacrosse scandal affect their academic prestige? Did the Reggie Bush scandal affect the USC academic reputation? Did tattoo gate or Urban Meyer affect Ohio State's academic reputation? Is what UGA doing in buying players ruining their academic side? What about Aaron Hernandez/Urban Meyer at Florida?

All mentioned are ranked ahead or near us with on US News university academic rankings. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

First of all, the Duke LacCrosse scandal was manufactured. Maybe check it out. The other things all absolutely impacted the reputations of those schools. I’ve been in business deals or meetings and seen them come up. Do you live in your mom’s basement or shed? You seem utterly sheltered from the outside world. 

The "reputation" ranking of the USNews rankings comes from administrators, who, in my experience don't care about sports scandals at all. They view the athletics department as a separate arm of the institution. As such, from the examples you listed, UNC would be the only REAL one that may have registered because the integrity of an academic department was compromised. So that may have impacted the the impression of the people who vote on these things for USNews (which is a deeply flawed system, but that's another story).

The Duke lacrosse scandal was fabricated, but it took about a year for that to come out. In that time, the story definitely hurt Duke. Duke aspires to an academic class where it's the only Southern school (no Vandy/Emory aren't included) and sports is relatively devalued. Having a scandal involving a preppy sport at the Southern school with race, gender, and violence definitely impacted Duke's reputation.

Ironically, of the scandals you mentioned, the one that was fabricated is that I recall ever being mentioned at work with a truly negative attitude behind it. The other stuff has always just been brushed off as "boys-being-boys" to get an advantage playing games.

Guess different industries have different water cooler talk.

• Like 1

So you’re suggesting we might put as overseer of a nonexistent program someone with no experience on how to manage said program?

14 hours ago, Snacks said:

None of what you made up is what I was implying... Implying that he might become the overseer of such things, perhaps... but not that he is a master at it.

And I'm not going to think about your wife like that... because I don't know who Tara Davis is...

The On3 Consensus (I bet Gerry would use that and not 247's) 5*s who enrolled early (non QBs, I seriously doubt one of the five 5* QBs slept in twice and missed workouts)

Evan Stewart- A&M

Luther Burden- Missouri 

Malaki Starks- Georgia

Gabriel Brownlow Dindy- A&M

Jeremiah Alexander- Alabama

CJ Hicks- Ohio State

Jihaad Campbell- Alabama

Mykel Williams- Georgia

Zach Rice- North Carolina

Will Johnson- Michigan

Nick Singleton- Penn State

Denver Harris- A&M

Tyler Booker- Alabama

Derrick Moore- Michigan

Jaylen Sneed- Notre Dame

On3 5* (not consensus)

Terrance Brooks- Texas

Aamil Wagner- Notre Dame

• Hook 'Em 5

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

The On3 Consensus (I bet Gerry would use that and not 247's) 5*s who enrolled early (non QBs, I seriously doubt one of the five 5* QBs slept in twice and missed workouts)

Evan Stewart- A&M

Luther Burden- Missouri 

Malaki Starks- Georgia

Gabriel Brownlow Dindy- A&M

Jeremiah Alexander- Alabama

CJ Hicks- Ohio State

Jihaad Campbell- Alabama

Mykel Williams- Georgia

Zach Rice- North Carolina

Will Johnson- Michigan

Nick Singleton- Penn State

Denver Harris- A&M

Tyler Booker- Alabama

Derrick Moore- Michigan

Jaylen Sneed- Notre Dame

On3 5* (not consensus)

Terrance Brooks- Texas

Aamil Wagner- Notre Dame

am i the only one who thinks it has to be someone associated with the State of Texas (so either Stewart, Brownlow Dindy - who may already have blown out his knee?, Denver Harris, Brooks?)

Just now, NoName said:

am i the only one who thinks it has to be someone associated with the State of Texas (so either Stewart, Brownlow Dindy - who may already have blown out his knee?, Denver Harris, Brooks?)

Because it's Gerry? I don't think it necessarily has to be, he's got connections to most P5 schools from being a long time national recruiting guy, and based on the numbers in a vacuum, it's more likely to be not a Texas kid

I will say that Evan Stewart is towards the top in my Five Star Early Enrollees Who'd Sleep Through Practice Power Rankings

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

Because it's Gerry? I don't think it necessarily has to be, he's got connections to most P5 schools from being a long time national recruiting guy, and based on the numbers in a vacuum, it's more likely to be not a Texas kid

I will say that Evan Stewart is towards the top in my Five Star Early Enrollees Who'd Sleep Through Practice Power Rankings

I mean, the kid faked a positive COVID test to get out of high school practice - he'd be pretty high on my list to sleep through 530am workouts.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

So you’re suggesting we might put as overseer of a nonexistent program someone with no experience on how to manage said program?

This is the type of attitude that keeps us from getting shit done.

Everyone is unqualified and inexperienced at a thing until they have done a thing. We're bitching about people not doing the thing and at the same time talking about nobody can do the thing because nobody has done the thing. 

fuck it. hire an aggie.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, D3zii said:

🤔🤔🤔

10 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

My two guesses as well. Prob Stewart. Bag already secured. 

9 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

If there's one coach I trust to get headcases to clean up their act, it's Jimbo Fisher

Stewart has a tardy note, signed Mrs. Fisher. He woke up late after banging Fisher's new wife all night.

31 minutes ago, Snacks said:

This is the type of attitude that keeps us from getting shit done.

Everyone is unqualified and inexperienced at a thing until they have done a thing. We're bitching about people not doing the thing and at the same time talking about nobody can do the thing because nobody has done the thing. 

fuck it. hire an aggie.

Based on this logic, we should hire a guy who's never been a head coach because fuck it, lets gets shit done, sir.

He couldn't do it at TCU, and you think he WANTS to do that illegal thing? This is a weird hill to die on, man. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Based on this logic, we should hire a guy who's never been a head coach because fuck it, lets gets shit done, sir.

He couldn't do it at TCU, and you think he WANTS to do that illegal thing? This is a weird hill to die on, man. 

I'm not dying on that hill... I'm just getting you wound up for our next meeting...  Thank you for attending my LoudTalk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

The only 5-Star early enrollee we have is Terrence Brooks, and that’s only if you are using the On3 rankings, he’s still a 4 star under the 247 composite.  Banks is our only consensus 5 star and he’s not an EE. 

Can't have 5 stars sleep through morning practice if you don't sign 5 stars. We're light years ahead. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Fong, on Devon Campbell.

Hide contents

DEVON CAMPBELL, ARLINGTON (TEXAS) BOWIE, OFFENSIVE LINEMAN

Top247 Rank: No. 21

The Skinny: Texas is the prediction for Campbell who also includes Oklahoma as a finalist. Campbell did not take any visits in January or host any in-home visits. The Sooners did what they could to stay involved in the end but the buzz has been around Texas for much of the process. Steve Sarkisian and his staff are putting the finishing touches on what is America’s best offensive line class win 2022. The announcement will come on National Signing Day.

IMG_9961 2.GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Fong, on Devon Campbell.

Hide contents

DEVON CAMPBELL, ARLINGTON (TEXAS) BOWIE, OFFENSIVE LINEMAN

Top247 Rank: No. 21

The Skinny: Texas is the prediction for Campbell who also includes Oklahoma as a finalist. Campbell did not take any visits in January or host any in-home visits. The Sooners did what they could to stay involved in the end but the buzz has been around Texas for much of the process. Steve Sarkisian and his staff are putting the finishing touches on what is America’s best offensive line class win 2022. The announcement will come on National Signing Day.

Yeah, people freaking out about OU coaches being in attendance at a basketball game was awesome.

• Haha 1

Updated 247 2022 rankings in Texas

1) Harold Perkins
2) Evan Stewart
3) Cade Klubnik
4) Conner Weigman
5) Devon Campbell
6) Chris Marshall
7) Kelvin Banks
8') Denver Harris
9) PJ Williams
10) Malik Sylla
11) Bryce Anderson
12) Caleb Burton
13) Omari Abor
14) Jamarion Miller
15) Kam Dewberry
16) Terrance Brooks
17) Julian Humphrey
18) Jaydon Blue
- Bear Alexander
19) Donovan Green
20) Bryan Allen Jr
21) Jaylon Guilbeau
22) Brenen Thompson

23) Hunter Erb
24) Nick Evers
25) Mathew Golden

29) Neto Umeozulu
37) Kristopher Ross
41) Jaray Bledsoe
45) Austin Jordan
66) Cole Hutson
74) Derrick Brown
83) Ethan Burke
89) Connor Robertson
92) Trevell Johnson
97) Xavion Brice
123) Cameron Williams
199) Savion Red

Edited by Fud
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Updated 247 2022 rankings in Texas

1) Harold Perkins
2) Evan Stewart
3) Cade Klubnik
4) Conner Weigman
5) Devon Campbell
6) Chris Marshall
7) Kelvin Banks
8') Denver Harris
9) PJ Williams
10) Malik Sylla
11) Bryce Anderson
12) Caleb Burton
13) Omari Abor
14) Jamarion Miller
15) Kam Dewberry
16) Terrance Brooks
17) Julian Humphrey
18) Jaydon Blue
- Bear Alexander
19) Donovan Green
20) Bryan Allen Jr
21) Jaylon Guilbeau
22) Brenen Thompson

23) Hunter Erb
24) Nick Evers
25) Mathew Golden

29) Neto Umeozulu
37) Kristopher Ross
41) Jaray Bledsoe
45) Austin Jordan
66) Cole Hutson
74) Derrick Brown
83) Ethan Burke
89) Connor Robertson
92) Trevell Johnson
97) Xavion Brice
123) Cameron Williams
199) Savion Red

Damn, they haaaaate Cam Williams compared to the other services.