Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Damn, they haaaaate Cam Williams compared to the other services.

image.thumb.png.b9930d013faa941423f41b8a39734652.png

He's going to be a good one to watch to compare services. But yeah, 247 just totally hates him as a prospect compared to everyone else. Rivals isn't super high on him but 247 is discarding him as an FBS prospect in all reality.

Maybe they're like whoever that poster around here who was upset about how Williams never stayed engaged on his blocks very long because he was knocking everyone on their ass with his first punch in his game film against the scrubs of DFW 6A football.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Fong, on Devon Campbell.

Hide contents

DEVON CAMPBELL, ARLINGTON (TEXAS) BOWIE, OFFENSIVE LINEMAN

Top247 Rank: No. 21

The Skinny: Texas is the prediction for Campbell who also includes Oklahoma as a finalist. Campbell did not take any visits in January or host any in-home visits. The Sooners did what they could to stay involved in the end but the buzz has been around Texas for much of the process. Steve Sarkisian and his staff are putting the finishing touches on what is America’s best offensive line class win 2022. The announcement will come on National Signing Day.

6162FA37-792E-4749-8A4C-0F5E276C5DF2.gif.3d4d8b7f6cf6dded654877cce9e3cce1.gif

• Like 1

That 21 to 121 in-state disparity for Williams is crazy. 

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Name who you all think will play better than their ranking would indicate? Who will excel on the field?

Burke and Williams are the ones who will waaaaaay outperform their rankings. And if Red ever sees the field I guess that means he will have too.

Cam Williams was not ranked in the first 75 tackles in the country.  

- his commitment was accepted, first by Mario Cristobal, and then by Kyle Flood.

- he had late - so presumably committable - offers from Iowa State and Florida.

- he also had offers from Michigan, Ohio State, Georgia, etc. ... but they were early in the cycle.  So it's possible they were not committable offers.

Interesting.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Cam Williams was not ranked in the first 75 tackles in the country.  

- his commitment was accepted, first by Mario Cristobal, and then by Kyle Flood.

- he had late - so presumably committable - offers from Iowa State and Florida.

- he also had offers from Michigan, Ohio State, Georgia, etc. ... but they were early in the cycle.  So it's possible they were not committable offers.

Interesting.

He has better feet than Fatheree and George and he has that kind of size.

• Hook 'Em 1

The knock on Williams is that he's unpolished and has to re-shape his body, right? He certainly wouldn't be the first guy to physically dominate his high school opponents and then not be able to get it done at the next level because of conditioning and/or technique. #121 in the state seems pretty ridiculous though for a guy that large and athletic.

I will also reiterate how historically awful OL rankings have been, especially in state, for forever. Please don't make me dig up the depressing list of 4- and 5-star olinemen who came to Texas and never did shit. Of all the position groups, the services are way off on the offensive line more often than any other it seems. 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

That 21 to 121 in-state disparity for Williams is crazy. 

Burke and Williams are the ones who will waaaaaay outperform their rankings. And if Red ever sees the field I guess that means he will have too.

Burke:

image.thumb.png.c9fccb8bcd5084a9e41a045ae6ee78c4.png

has Rivals just not released their state update yet?

edit: these are actually weird - Ethan Burke dropped from #60 in TX to currently #83 in TX in the Top247

Cam Williams:

image.thumb.png.3d128873102f5ce13866e043b1407095.png

Cam Williams has a weird recruiting rank overall - he is an 86 and has been for a very long time (opened at 87, then dropped to 86 in like 3 months)

his in state rating of 123 (based on right now) in the Top 247 list is right around names like the other Zach Evans (#117, to #RowTheBoat), DeAnthony Gatson (#114 to LaTech), Reggie Bush (the one from INdependence-Frisco and the safety)

also Jason Llewellyn ended up at #103 in the state in 247.

if Cam Williams was an 87 he would have been between #87 in the state to #113

Edited by NoName

In-state top 25 if you average On3 and 247, and exclude Rivals and ESPN

1) Harold Perkins

2) Evan Stewart

3) Kelvin Banks

4) Devon Campbell

5) Denver Harris

6) Conner Weigman

7) Chris Marshall

8') Cade Klubnik

9) Bryce Anderson

10) Terrance Brooks

11) PJ Williams

12) Jordan Hudson

13) Jamarion Miller

14) Bear Alexander

15) Brenen Thompson

16) Kam Dewberry

17) Neto Umeozulu

18) Omari Abor

19) Nick Evers

20) Bryan Allen Jr

21) Malik Sylla

22) Kristopher Ross

23) Julian Humphrey

24) Matthew Golden

25) Ernest Cooper IV

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Getafix said:

Fong, on Devon Campbell.

Reveal hidden contents

DEVON CAMPBELL, ARLINGTON (TEXAS) BOWIE, OFFENSIVE LINEMAN

Top247 Rank: No. 21

The Skinny: Texas is the prediction for Campbell who also includes Oklahoma as a finalist. Campbell did not take any visits in January or host any in-home visits. The Sooners did what they could to stay involved in the end but the buzz has been around Texas for much of the process. Steve Sarkisian and his staff are putting the finishing touches on what is America’s best offensive line class win 2022. The announcement will come on National Signing Day.

Earlier this week, a blOU Insider still thinks they might get Devon...

10880289.png

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

10880289.png

People were worrying about this on 247 earlier. Both Roach and Nick Harris repeated multiple times that they still have strong confidence in UT. Roach is going to his NSD announcement too.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

I would rather see Cam Williams playing OT for us next year than Christian Jones.  I would love to hear 247’s rationale for why a 6’6 360 pound guy who can move his feet, plays nasty, dominated the highest level of high school competition, and has freakishly large Andre the Giant sized bone structure with untapped S&C potential … why that guy is probably not a very good college football prospect.  “Yeah, he bodyslams anyone he goes up against, but I don’t see enough ankle flexibility to play OT!”

When his body transforms, his wingspan will be cut in half and his hands will no longer be able to palm a helmet. 247 is just ahead of the curve.

4 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

They are grieving

This 1919 form letter is spot on for the era. 
Also, I still can’t believe Bible wasn’t fired after his first test then after his second year. I can only imagine the message boards back then. 

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

There are degrees of fanboy's and this guy's among the worst. Other OU fanboys have acknowledged Campbell's going to UT for a month.

Campbell and Caleb Williams are going to be at OU in fall 2022 to run the wishbone coached by Switzer. Prove me wrong.

8 hours ago, XForce said:

This 1919 form letter is spot on for the era. 
Also, I still can’t believe Bible wasn’t fired after his first test then after his second year. I can only imagine the message boards back then. 

spacer.png

The avatars reeeeally sucked back then. And I won’t even bring up the search function. 

Edited by Tex Pete

5 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Fucking what? you're goddamn right we would have talked shit. We are like an emotionally abusive father who fucks his kid up for not being perfect because he loves them.

Every day last year during spring ball there was rumors that someone (J’Tavion Sanders?) was doing this, so yes, we would have. Not everyone is Liucci.

• Like 1

Fong on a podcast today (posted on 247):

Campbell "a Texas lock"

Perkins - basically no clue but talks up LSU a bit

Matthews - Matthews told him A&M led in the fall, but now could Fong could see it being any one of A&M, LSU, Florida 

Shemar Stewart - thinks A&M leads but Miami gets the last visit so could change

7 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Evan Stewart liked that tweet so the obvious answer ended up being correct. 

Just now, irishtexan said:

That dumb motherfucker just confirmed it was Stewart. Just keep your feelings in check and your mouth shut and people would continue to just speculate. 

He likes that someone came to his defense for being called out as lazy and mailing it in already, when in fact he has been lazy and mailing it in. You keep being you, Evan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Summary on Evan Stewart: Got kicked off of team during senior season because of drug problems (allegedly), required a big bag to retain services, and not providing services after payment rendered.

Dodging Bullets GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I think @RGBIII said something to the effect of "winning in the Evan Stewart recruitment is being the 2nd place team" when he committed to aggie. I think we are seeing that play out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

I think Cook had a comment that he talked with Stewart on his visit to A&M and Stewart commented that the practices were really hard, but not something he wasn't used to/couldn't handle or some nonsense. If that's the main takeaway from a discussion with your buddy about their new school, I would assume Evan was complaining a lot.

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

2 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

This is Fisher. Anywhere else, Stewart doesn’t succeed. But Fisher will just need Stewart to get in uniform for 13 or so games a year and that’s it. He doesn’t need to worry about practice or school. Just be ready to catch a ball 3 times a game. 

When’s he going to open up his playbook for that kind of action?

3 hours ago, Danimal said:

I think @RGBIII said something to the effect of "winning in the Evan Stewart recruitment is being the 2nd place team" when he committed to aggie. I think we are seeing that play out.

I just hope we bid him way the fuck up before “losing”. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On3 notes on Harold Perkins

"From me, Texas is out. Texas A&M in-home last night was said to have not gone well."

Spoiler

Cypress (Texas) Cy Park five-star linebacker Harold Perkins is the biggest fish left in the 2022 recruiting pool, and three teams are doing all they can to land the recruit.

On3’s Gerry Hamilton reports that Perkins’ decision will likely come down to Florida and LSU with Texas A&M considered a “long shot” and fellow in-state school Texas out of the equation.

This comes less than 24 hours after Aggies head coach Jimbo Fisher and other members of the Texas A&M defensive staff made an in-home visit Wednesday to see Perkins.

Perkins committed to Texas A&M earlier this month at the Under Armour All-American Game. But he said his recruitment would not be over the announcement and it wasn’t.

Florida immediately jumped into the mix and hosted Perkins on an official visit last weekend. And as reported by Corey Bender and confirmed by Hamilton, Billy Napier and other members of the coaching staff are conducting an in-home visit today.

Perkins is also scheduled to visit LSU this weekend, and Hamilton says a big part of the visit will be meeting with new defensive coordinator Matt House. House, who is the linebackers coach for the Kansas City Chiefs and still coaching the team in the playoffs, is coming to help pitch Perkins on the school.

For whichever team lands Perkins, they are getting an impact player on and off the field.

He is the No. 7 overall recruit and No. 1 linebacker in the country, according to the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

His On3 NIL Valuation is currently $65,000. The NIL valuation does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals an athlete has completed to date. It rather signifies an athlete’s value at a certain moment in time.