Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

OU has been to see him or at least been to his basketball games since then.  Why would they do that if he had already signed?

Ask the other questions.  Why hasn't OU done an in home visit as the other finalist?  Why isn't Texas rabidly all over this recruitment all day and night for a consensus 5 star player at a position of desperate need?  We're practically taking him for granted...

Edited by RabidM
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Ask the other questions.  Why hasn't OU done an in home visit as the other finalist?  Why isn't Texas rabidly all over this recruitment all day and night for a consensus 5 star player at a position of desperate need?  We're practically taking him for granted...

Maybe we ran out of space. Don't have the numbers...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RabidM said:

He signed during NSD1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There is some notion in this recruitment that the player doesn't actually want to remain in Miami. I guess I just struggle to believe that there is someone on this planet that would willingly spurn an opportunity to be a star in their hometown, Miami nonetheless, in order to travel to and live in College Station. 

Insanity.

14 minutes ago, Keef said:

Dumb question, but are our admins gumming up the cash cannons and letting A&M outspend us?  I keep on reading A&M bought X and A&Y bought Y.  Why aren't we buying all the five stars?

Because that's against the rules. If it were legal, everybody would be doing it.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There is some notion in this recruitment that the player doesn't actually want to remain in Miami. I guess I just struggle to believe that there is someone on this planet that would willingly spurn an opportunity to be a star in their hometown, Miami nonetheless, in order to travel to and live in College Station. 

I can only think of 2 reasons

1) SEC and aggy is the largest bidder

2) somewhat rational reason to get away from the "my boys" effect who are all going to have their hand out but I'm not sure an 18 year old is gonna be that smart.

31 minutes ago, Keef said:

Dumb question, but are our admins gumming up the cash cannons and letting A&M outspend us?  I keep on reading A&M bought X and A&Y bought Y.  Why aren't we buying all the five stars?

The answer you seek lies somewhere in one of the previous 1179 pages. Start there. And it you don't find it there, it's somewhere in the 597-page 2021 Texas Recruiting Notes thread. You could also join burnt ends, which will give you access to the NIL board, which has a number of informative threads/posts on the subject.

Or, you could personally go and buy a five star recruit. I think the current rate is anywhere between $350k and $1m. If you do that, we'll buy you beers at the next happy hour. Just watch out for the IRS if you go that route.

• Hook 'Em 5

54 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

The answer you seek lies somewhere in one of the previous 1179 pages. Start there. And it you don't find it there, it's somewhere in the 597-page 2021 Texas Recruiting Notes thread. You could also join burnt ends, which will give you access to the NIL board, which has a number of informative threads/posts on the subject.

Or, you could personally go and buy a five star recruit. I think the current rate is anywhere between $350k and $1m. If you do that, we'll buy you beers at the next happy hour. Just watch out for the IRS if you go that route.

The IRS likely won't come after you for paying off players, they'll be after whoever receives the payments.

I mean, technically they may want you to submit a 1099-NEC or similar, but it's really about the person being compensated paying taxes on that compensation.

Just now, Hornlover said:

The IRS likely won't come after you for paying off players, they'll be after whoever receives the payments.

I mean, technically they may want you to submit a 1099-NEC or similar, but it's really about the person being compensated paying taxes on that compensation.

The FBI or the State of Texas, however, may wish to have a word with you about improper payments.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.32.htm#32.441

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Where did you see this / is it legit?

Also, sucks for the kid that it got leaked a day before his big reveal. In fact, probably not a bad idea to delete your post..

From IT via Twitter. This was the explanation:

It was a brief Twitter comment exchange from the account with the original tweet and another OU fan. Fan stated DC signed with Texas, and the poster replied with “No, he didn’t.” OU fan shouldn’t have shared the screenshot, but I assume he wanted to put the guy in his place. Regardless, it’s nice to see them eat their own.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Well, technically, the IRS could be after you if you take a substantial miscellaneous deduction/expense on your return for 5* recruit.