I like Morey a lot. He gets a pas from me as a Rockets fan, just as Harden does, because I’m absolutely certain I’d rather squeeze my dick in vice grips than have Tillman Ferntits, the worlds 2nd worst fake Billionaire, as a boss. 
So, I was kind of rooting for Philly and DM. But, watching Philly fans get shit all over is pretty satisfying too. 

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

Cam Johnson coming up big.

Cam is a good dude. His dad, Gilbert played at Pitt and was a couple years behind me in school. Gil is a good guy as well. I used to watch Cam some in high school. The neighbor kid across the street “held” Cam to 35 points in a playoff game. It might have been worse but Cam had spent the first two days of the week in hospital and was cleared that day to play.

Nobody holds a grudge against Cam for transferring during the Kevin Stallings disaster. Some of the things Gil told me that Stallings said to Cam were ridiculous and stupid. 

I wish Cam nothing but success.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

Simmons needs to accept that he's a 4 and just embrace it. if he would do that and work on learning the in's and outs of that position he could be fine. look at where Zion takes all of his shots from. Ben needs to get over the idea of being a PG and try to play like Zion. still work on catch-and-shoot threes and FTs, but play like the athletic big man that you are. 

• Like 1

My love for all things curry is well established, but if can't afford to take Steph's little bro off the floor--even when he's being roasted by [checks notes] Kevin Huerter--because he's consistently been your second best offensive threat all series, then you've made some suboptimal personnel and coaching decisions.

• Like 1

I thought the process was a disgrace to competitive athletics and an insult to the fans in Philly and the basketball gods. That said, they fucked it up. So many assets, so many stupid picks, bad trades, and bad signings. And whatever they were doing internally with regard to player development certainly didn't work. 

I feel bad for Ben Simmons. He shouldn't be this broken. It's painful to watch a guy who should be dominating fail at the most fundamental skill in the game.

11 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Non-zero chance that in a few years the consensus will be that the Hawks won the Luka trade.

This is much more of an indictment of the Mavs front office than it is the actual players. Compare the cast Trae has vs Luka's. It's laughable. And not to mention Rick Carsisle and his bozo in game decisions. 

They married themselves to Porzingis and he is about as worthless as Ben Simmons. 

• Hook 'Em 1
9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Simmons needs to accept that he's a 4 and just embrace it. if he would do that and work on learning the in's and outs of that position he could be fine. look at where Zion takes all of his shots from. Ben needs to get over the idea of being a PG and try to play like Zion. still work on catch-and-shoot threes and FTs, but play like the athletic big man that you are. 

His issue is much bigger than that. Dude doesn't even attempt to shoot. We seriously don't even know whether he's a bad shooter. I've never seen such an enormous mental block in a certifiably talented basketball player. Verifiably bad shooters like Giannis and Westbrook still jack up 3s like there's no tomorrow. His own teammate Matisse Thybulle has launched over 300 3s in his career and came into the league as with the rep of a garbage shooter. Simmons' personality type strikes me as a guy who cant stomach publicly "looking bad" when doing something. Like the kid in middle and high school you played sports with who always went out of their way to "look pretty" while playing. Simmons is the grown up version of that. Style over substance. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1
On 6/19/2021 at 10:13 PM, shadow_operative said:

KD's mom to PJ: "I love you too." 😂 i love it. 

This was funny.  It was right after PJ clobbered KD and his mom was yelling about it.   PJ heard her and told her he loved her.