Jump to content
Reese Bennett

Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

was it not cool to jerk off to the sear's catalog when we were in middle school?

giphy.gif

Savages. 

fortunately I had a friend who’s dad was a huge creeper and in 6th gr for $20 (at the time *gasp*) I had a collection of about 60 penthouse and and playboys that I hid in a secret compartment under my dresser. 

those things taught me and my friends a lot. Me, primarily that I liked trashy girls opposed to classy girls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Lake said my son was his best friend. I will ask him who is really his best friend later tonight.

 

8 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

When will Lake release his top 5 for best friend?

It’s time like these where a MySpace top 8 would really come in handy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Didn't the Brockermeyer's go to the Alamo Bowl game?

Come on Fudd. You’re better than that. Or at least better than the guy who did the sign at the dog groomer. Bubble’s, Bow’s and Toe’s my ass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

I am not surprised that you didn’t get the reference.  Although, you are a giant ass so maybe you are more Nicky Minaj figuratively speaking. 

Wow. Yeah, my man, I'm not sure you should be talking shit about getting references. Christ almighty, it's like I'm sitting here playing cards with my brother's kids or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

was it not cool to jerk off to the sear's catalog when we were in middle school?

I personally preferred my sister's Glamour and Redbook magazines, but Sears worked in a pinch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

 

It’s time like these where a MySpace top 8 would really come in handy. 

nostalgic internet GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

Lake is not a real first name.

Hmmmm. Then is he the player formerly known as Bumper Pool? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, texifornia said:

 

The latter part of that post is code for “so they better be ready to play the game”. As I’ve referenced here and there over the past few years, within reason, it’s not an issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Wow. Yeah, my man, I'm not sure you should be talking shit about getting references. Christ almighty, it's like I'm sitting here playing cards with my brother's kids or something.

Then explain the reference or go fish 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did not see this yet on Surly... Siap

***🚨Mouth Breather Warning🚨***

The State of Recruiting Podcast: "Previewing a big visit weekend"

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-state-of-recruiting-previewing-a-big-visit-weekend/id1478796829?i=1000462606539 

This week, Mike and Bobby discuss the upcoming Texas visit weekend and some of the recent coaching changes.

Hosts: Bobby Burton and Mike Roach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brock's recruitment has a Walker Little feel to it. I say fuck it and have Herb Hand go lay a big fucking pipe clogging shit in the Brock's guest restroom. Then we can all move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Brock's recruitment has a Walker Little feel to it. I say fuck it and have Herb Hand go lay a big fucking pipe clogging shit in the Brock's guest restroom. Then we can all move on.

More of a Jake Matthews thing, right? The dad knows a thing or two, realizes that our coaching staff is a bunch of fuckups, and it's up to us to prove otherwise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, elguapo said:

 

Easy for you to say Blake, this shit affects me a lot more than it does you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, tokamak said:

More of a Jake Matthews thing, right? The dad knows a thing or two, realizes that our coaching staff is a bunch of fuckups, and it's up to us to prove otherwise?

I don't think it's fair to compare Herb Hand to whoever the incompetent and under-qualified OL coach du jour was under Mack during those years. Nunez? MacWhorter? There's also a slight difference between being a 3rd generation Longhorn football player with a brother already on scholarship, and being the son of a Southern California transplant living in Houston. These kids' grandfather played for Darrel Royal for fuck's sake. If the Brockermeyers don't end up at Texas, there is just no way to spin it. It will be the biggest Texas recruiting fuck up I can recall in 30ish years of following this shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CTJ is ideally positioned here. If Tunmise picks us, he can modestly declare that he has firsthand knowledge that we won the auction so he was right all along. If Tunmise picks someone else, he can modestly declare that he has firsthand knowledge that he picked somewhere else for the money. I hate this term, but that’s a win/win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Did not see this yet on Surly... Siap

***🚨Mouth Breather Warning🚨***

The State of Recruiting Podcast: "Previewing a big visit weekend"

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-state-of-recruiting-previewing-a-big-visit-weekend/id1478796829?i=1000462606539 

This week, Mike and Bobby discuss the upcoming Texas visit weekend and some of the recent coaching changes.

Hosts: Bobby Burton and Mike Roach

where you to can listen to Mike exhale loudly through his nose on mike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Brockermeyers are the same as Collins. At the end of the day, their dad was an AA here. Collins's mom was a star basketball player here. UT legacies are that are actually good are near locks to end up at UT. I can't think of the last time Texas lost out on a highly sought after legacy, no matter how horrible the coaching staff may or may not be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Obviously he's replying to my threat of Herb Hand taking a giant shit at his house.

If Hand takes a giant shit at his house, I don't think Blake will be taking a deep breath for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Focht Up said:

If Hand takes a giant shit at his house, I don't think Blake will be taking a deep breath for a while.

for some reason , I dont think big shits are a stranger to the Brockermeyer household. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Wow. Yeah, my man, I'm not sure you should be talking shit about getting references. Christ almighty, it's like I'm sitting here playing cards with my brother's kids or something.

Oh! I got this one! Tombstone. Right? It's a reference to the film Tombstone starring Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer, Sam Elliot, Bill Paxton, and the great Powers Boothe. 

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The Brockermeyers are the same as Collins. At the end of the day, their dad was an AA here. Collins's mom was a star basketball player here. UT legacies are that are actually good are near locks to end up at UT. I can't think of the last time Texas lost out on a highly sought after legacy, no matter how horrible the coaching staff may or may not be.

You're trying to jinx this, aren't you?

 

 

 
Edited by irishtexan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

CTJ is ideally positioned here. If Tunmise picks us, he can modestly declare that he has firsthand knowledge that we won the auction so he was right all along. If Tunmise picks someone else, he can modestly declare that he has firsthand knowledge that he picked somewhere else for the money. I hate this term, but that’s a win/win. 

The problem for me here is that @Harvdog is too dense and unaware for me to run this game forever. I'll get bored and give up the ghost about giving a shit about this guy's recruitment once Texas is ruled out. An entire squadron of jokes and references has flown over this dude's head in the last few pages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The Brockermeyers are the same as Collins. At the end of the day, their dad was an AA here. Collins's mom was a star basketball player here. UT legacies are that are actually good are near locks to end up at UT. I can't think of the last time Texas lost out on a highly sought after legacy, no matter how horrible the coaching staff may or may not be.

And some of them that aren't good are locks as well.

134071715.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The problem for me here is that @Harvdog is too dense and unaware for me to run this game forever. I'll get bored and give up the ghost about giving a shit about this guy's recruitment once Texas is ruled out. An entire squadron of jokes and references has flown over this dude's head in the last few pages. 

Like I said, you gaslight people and expect them to believe you. Classic narcissist. Narcissists try and make you and others think that what they did is your fault. They will create lies and try to pass them off as truth. For example, you claim I have missed numerous references. What are they?  Playing cards with kids?  The fact is you can’t answer my question so you have created the maze of bullshit so you don’t look like the weak and inept person you are. As long as some people believe you, you think you have power and matter. That explains why you question people’s intellect and motives. Classic narcissist. Always smarter and a step ahead when you are actually scared and a step behind.   Still haven’t answered the reference that you can’t answer so I will leave it that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

 I hate this term, but that’s a win/win. 

It is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MoJames said:

And some of them that aren't good are locks as well.

134071715.jpg

So fucking awesome.  They had no idea how to defend that play.  It was so ugly, it was like staring into the sun.  They were paralyzed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Like I said, you gaslight people and expect them to believe you. Classic narcissist. Narcissists try and make you and others think that what they did is your fault. They will create lies and try to pass them off as truth. For example, you claim I have missed numerous references. What are they?  Playing cards with kids?  The fact is you can’t answer my question so you have created the maze of bullshit so you don’t look like the weak and inept person you are. As long as some people believe you, you think you have power and matter. That explains why you question people’s intellect and motives. Classic narcissist. Always smarter and a step ahead when you are actually scared and a step behind.   Still haven’t answered the reference that you can’t answer so I will leave it that. 

I actually just published a white paper on the subject

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Oh! I got this one! Tombstone. Right? It's a reference to the film Tombstone starring Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer, Sam Elliot, Bill Paxton, and the great Powers Boothe. 

JFC. 
 

I don’t see this recruitment ending early, so I guess we have to buckle up for this back and forth bullshit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

JFC. 

I don’t see this recruitment ending early, so I guess we have to buckle up for this back and forth bullshit 

Onward to... 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is there like a mailing list on surly that sends you every new updated DSM, because this board makes a shit load of psychological diagnosis.

Edited by Not a Sock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He beat Tannehill with that herpa derp.
What a beautiful moment in Texas football history. He was carrying that ball so loosely that I was sure it would be stripped. But somehow he held on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

JFC. 
 

I don’t see this recruitment ending early, so I guess we have to buckle up for this back and forth bullshit 

Oh I'm sorry. Did you have something insightful to add? A recruiting-related update of substance? Would you like to offer your analysis of a 2021 recruit's tape? Or do you just want to bitch about people posting messages on a  message board when there ain't shit going on and ain't shit to report? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Like I said, you gaslight people and expect them to believe you. Classic narcissist. Narcissists try and make you and others think that what they did is your fault. They will create lies and try to pass them off as truth. For example, you claim I have missed numerous references. What are they?  Playing cards with kids?  The fact is you can’t answer my question so you have created the maze of bullshit so you don’t look like the weak and inept person you are. As long as some people believe you, you think you have power and matter. That explains why you question people’s intellect and motives. Classic narcissist. Always smarter and a step ahead when you are actually scared and a step behind.   Still haven’t answered the reference that you can’t answer so I will leave it that. 

your-references-are-out-of-control-gif.g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...