Beef ribs

Buzzrock

• 2 weeks later...
This is a good place to start if you're cooking your first rack of beef ribs:

This is a great video but IMO it’s missing a crucial step: trimming the silverskin off the top. Very easy to do and very crucial.

I had a crowd over today so I did two pork butts but also did a three bone plate to cut up for appetizers. Maybe the best I’ve done. People absolutely swooned. “I’d rather have this than steak.”

I know I know, no pics. I have before but not after. Tapa is acting up.

Trim, hot sauce, salt and pepper, post oak chunks on the BGE. Killed.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

HEB didn’t have the big plate ribs. I grabbed these just to play around with.

They are about 3/4” thick.

How long will they take to smoke at 275?

fc1df5a966dcb50cd4eaff9b761ba7ae.jpg

c785f253e6b1c5116858cafb9d46e9b8.jpg

7a2c66f88ff7c72f18d70b9144cf8fd3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve done these plenty of times and usually turn out great as long as there’s enough meat on there. Left rack looks a little thin. I use a reduced 3-2-1. Usually after about 2 I’ll check for color and if ready wrap in foil with butter on top. Back on for another 1-1 1/2 and they’re usually done. Be sure to let them rest and don’t use too much pepper because they’ll shrink up a lot. 
Some of the best compliments I’ve received were when I was taking them to a party so didn’t get to rest long. Sliced and into a Tupperware were they sat for a bit. Damn near perfect. 

• Like 3

I’ve done these plenty of times and usually turn out great as long as there’s enough meat on there. Left rack looks a little thin. I use a reduced 3-2-1. Usually after about 2 I’ll check for color and if ready wrap in foil with butter on top. Back on for another 1-1 1/2 and they’re usually done. Be sure to let them rest and don’t use too much pepper because they’ll shrink up a lot. 
Some of the best compliments I’ve received were when I was taking them to a party so didn’t get to rest long. Sliced and into a Tupperware were they sat for a bit. Damn near perfect. 

Ok but butter on top of the foil seems like an odd choice.
  • Like 1