Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

The ags are such subservient pieces of shit. It’s hilarious.

When you’re a rookie, you show respect. 
The SEC took a chance on us, and we were grateful. 
It wasn’t our place to act like jackasses. 
To this day, each game we play/host in the SEC is an honor.“ 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/have-to-give-ags-and-mizzou-credit/97373661/

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

13 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It would decline.  The school's growth really accelerated as the football program became more popular over the last decade.  The Ames economy is heavily based around ISU, and ISU football gamedays are a massive influx of cash.

Not having high level D1 sports would create a massive hit to the greater university on a lot of fronts.  I doubt it would cease to exist, but it would be something far less than it is today and has been historically.

Then I guess the AD and President  of ISU better get cracking on another confeemce.

12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

People keep saying this.  The math has changed, folks.  If the PAC does not make a move, they risk being left on the outside, having some of their current membership poached.  Standing pat for them is NOT an option.

Not saying that KSU or KU specifically will be invited, but the PAC will have to move on somebody or risk having their home raided.

No shit.  They either expand or end up with Oregon, USC and UCLA in the SEC.

2 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Cuz when you think of the Pacific Ocean, Stanford, Berkeley, Los Angeles, the next thought usually falls on Lubbock and Stillwater. 

Well, it's compete or rot now.  Their pride is going to have to take a back seat or they risk getting left behind, even further.  

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

If that tweet has legs then I'm guessing the Pac figures that KU will get picked up by the B10.

KU is toxic right now.  Both their football and basketball program are being investigated, on top of their football team being one if not the worst in P5 sports.  

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

KU is toxic right now.  Both their football and basketball program are being investigated, on top of their football team being one if not the worst in P5 sports.  

KU basketball is on it's way to becoming Nebraska football. Mark it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The ags are such subservient pieces of shit. It’s hilarious.

When you’re a rookie, you show respect. 
The SEC took a chance on us, and we were grateful. 
It wasn’t our place to act like jackasses. 
To this day, each game we play/host in the SEC is an honor.“ 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/have-to-give-ags-and-mizzou-credit/97373661/

It's hilarious that they are acting like they've been there forever. They were in the B12 for longer than they've been in the SEC. We'll be a newcomer just like they still are. 

The shit talking and hatred across the SEC is going to be off the charts. You know there are some matchups that will get ugly quickly. Especially once OU (and hopefully us) starts handing out ass beatings.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Had not seen this... 

I'm not convinced Texas or OU reached out to the sec.....perhaps the sec reached out to us.   Since neither of us are talking, we really don't know the facts....just yet, except the aggy who released the info made sure to say Texas reached out to secsec.  Not buying it.....just yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm not convinced Texas or OU reached out to the sec.....perhaps the sec reached out to us.   Since neither of us are talking, we really don't know the facts....just yet, except the aggy who released the info made sure to say Texas reached out to secsec.  Not buying it.....just yet.

Doesn’t matter who reached out. For the avoidance of any tortious interference claims the story is and will always be that we reached out.
  • Hook 'Em 1

It's funny to see these Twitter takes from SEC people that are  all very not concerned, no I'm serious, not scared at all, let's make fun of Texas, we're seriously not worried at all about Texas joining their conference.  Not surprising that the majority of it comes from the little brothers (including aggy) of the SEC. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

5 hours ago, Bojack said:

You used "like" so it is a simile, not a metaphor.  Don't feel bad.  I always have to look it up.  

Naw, I mean, I used "like," and made it a simile, but it's neither a simile nor a metaphor. It's just how it actually is. Aggy is the mark.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Have you been to Eastern Washington? Holy shit. It’s worse than Lubbock. And possibly harder to get to.

I have not, but I find that hard to believe.  Doesn’t Drew Bledsoe own an award winning winery in that neck of the woods?

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I have not, but I find that hard to believe.  Doesn’t Drew Bledsoe own an award winning winery in that neck of the woods?

Washington East of the cascades is hick central. Like West Virginia West. 

Same goes for Oregon.

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

I have mixed feelings but am behind this move with the following caveats:
1. fuck the SEC, we’re Texas. I ain’t playing that conference awesomeness bullshit ever. Permabans must be the rule for anyone that does. SEC chant deserves a punch in the dick or tit or both for you moob having fucks. 
2. fuck SEC message boards, not going, not visiting, what a cesspool.
3. fuck confederacy racist bullshit. I’m serious, I’m not interested in all that southern bullshit.
4. I want to play arky every year, yeah I said it. 
5. bitch asses in charge on the 40 better fucking play to win. Saban’s days are numbered, there is a void to be filled soon, should be ours.
6. other than that bring on some kick ass match ups, let’s do this.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, C-Man said:

giphy.gif

All of that, but I would add two points:

1.  It really pisses off aggy.

2. It completely fucks Baylor.

Sign me the fuck up.  My only concern here is point #3 raised by Troph.  I’m a little torn there.  But as someone who is about to move to Charleston, I’ve kind of sorted that out in my own head already.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Asu2215 said:

What happens if someone torpedoes the expanded playoff model and it sticks at four for the foreseeable future? That kind of screws UT and OU.

The model isn’t finalized.  They probably will sit back and wait and see how these chips fall before locking anything in.