Breckyn Hager thread of insanity and hair dominance

Machinator

Gotta admit, didnt see this coming. Thought the dude would end up having a life like Ace Ventura at the beginning of Nature Calls..plenty of meditation and dispensing bizarre nuggets of "wisdom"

Having said that, I find it interesting Britt is going in with Breckyn on film production.

14 hours ago, Machinator said:

FCB

Hide contents

When last we saw Breckyn Hager, he was smashing opponents on the football field for the Texas Longhorns. Come June 20, you’ll see Hager on the big screen as Merle Greathouse, a football star who opposes a Fort Worth orphanage’s team known as the Mighty Mites.

The Mites, a team of orphans, began playing without enough money for complete uniforms and grew into one of the most talented teams in the state.

The movie, based on a true story written by Jim Dent, has a cast that includes Luke Wilson, Robert Duval and Martin Sheen.

“People are going to love this movie, because it’s a great story about overcoming adversity and believing in what is possible,” Hager told Horns247.

Hager was cast as Merrill Greathouse, who was known at the time as the best football player in Texas. Greathouse went on to Oklahoma, where he ended up being roommates with OU teammate Darrell K Royal.

“I thought it was appropriate that a guy who played for the Longhorns in a stadium named for Darrell Royal would play DKR’s roommate,” Hager laughed.

Hager said the director of 12 Mighty Orphans, Ty Roberts, encouraged Hager to make the football scenes as authentic as possible.

“I was hitting these guys so hard, they started complaining,” Hager said.

Hager said he is also in another movie called “The Blazing World,” which is expected to be released in October.

“I actually found out about the plans to make 12 Mighty Orphans while I was training for the NFL,” Hager said. “And that (movies) ended up being my calling.”

Breckyn said he has formed a production company with his father, Brit, UT’s all-time leading tackler, and they are looking to put five more films into production.

Hager said he’s trying to keep up with Longhorns’ football.

“I support Steve Sarkisian,” Hager said. “I’m excited to see what these Longhorns can do.”

Kind of reminiscent of Good Roy playing a Lee coach in FNL.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

This is a great recruiting tactic. Come to Texas Football. You might end up in Hollywood!

Might end up in the movies. 🎥 

I seriously doubt that this was filmed in Hollywood. Probably 100% in Texas and/or Louisiana.

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

This is a great recruiting tactic. Come to Texas Football. You might end up in Hollywood!

If players start getting paid, Texas will absolutely attract more recruiting.  Then again, it could be a distraction for the players.

3 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I believe Peter the Great played QB for all of the opponents in Varsity Blues.

Stand in for Vanderbeek and Walker.  If he'd played for the opposing teams, they'd have won and Bud Kilmer would have been fired mid season.

/RIP Billy Bob

//puke and rally!

• Like 1

I’ve known the dude since he was in middle school. Crazy crazy mother fucker god damn. I’ve got some serious bat shit stories that are exactly what you’d expect. He lived life like he played football. Hard fast and outta control. Good to see him mature and recognize his potential. Shit @immamac I may be able to get him on your podcast. 

Bryce is without a doubt the better player and I really wish he played for us. ESPECIALLY at that time. But man I thought Breckyn had the most potential just based on his frame and how aggressive he was. Well turns out he was so fucking aggressive he’d take himself out of plays. Those fucking Hager’s are a stubborn group but damn do they go hard. Under real coaching and playing in the right position…..add it to the list of “what if’s” since 08….. 

• Hook 'Em 1