Red Five

Star Wars Episode IX

Just finished watching it....

...uhmmmmm. Some good, some bad. So much missed potential and so many holes and pointless plots with limited character development. What could have been with this trilogy with one over all vision and direction. Just an over all mess

Curate's egg is the perfect description 

Still Sucks.  For the same damn reasons.  Just a fuck you to real Star Wars fans, especially the ones who didn't cry and complain about TLJ.  Fuck you JJ...I'm usually a supporter of yours.

On 2/13/2020 at 2:07 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I remember they faked me out with the Chewy death and I was fucking pissed for a few minutes.

Something about the absurdity of the ship tug-o-war never let my mind think about "Chewy" being on that ship

On 2/15/2020 at 1:03 PM, Drew said:

Still Sucks.  For the same damn reasons.  Just a fuck you to real Star Wars fans, especially the ones who didn't cry and complain about TLJ.  Fuck you JJ...I'm usually a supporter of yours.

Nice try, getting us to agree with you now about TLJ.....ewofucker

21 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Something about the absurdity of the ship tug-o-war never let my mind think about "Chewy" being on that ship

Nice try, getting us to agree with you now about TLJ.....ewofucker

Almost...but I know you're just pissed Wicket was only on screen for 5 seconds.

I saw the movie over the break, and I left happy and entertained and appreciated the fact that it was more of a love letter to fans than some P.C. crap. For good or bad, I thought the Palpatine connection helped put Rey's Mary Sue in the first movies in context. The Stormjanitor remained a complete waste of space, Poe needed more screen time, dead Carrier Fisher is weird. And I loved how much the absence of terrible Tico annoys the PC crowd. Also agree with the myriad stupid plot holes outlined here ad nauseam - from the quick sand to the space horses, a bunch of crap did not make sense or too easy. Whatever though, I enjoyed it, and it tied a bow around the series. And the end of they day, Star Wars always has been a space western - a space spaghetti western. It lived up to that billing much better than TFA and TLJ.

The Palpatine connection was not only stupid, but completely forced and unneeded.  And lived up to the billing better than TFA and TLJ?  LMFAO.

9 minutes ago, Drew said:

The Palpatine connection was not only stupid, but completely forced and unneeded.  And lived up to the billing better than TFA and TLJ?  LMFAO.

Just for my own morbid curiosity: who would you have made the big bad after TLJ?

The same one that we spent the last 5 hours showing how conflicted and unsure he was?  Bringing added depth to his character was literally the only thing that Rian Johnson did right.  I suppose a more talented writer/director could have built on that to flesh out a more nuanced, complex, even sympathetic villain.  But I think we can all agree that JJ Abrams is not that guy.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

The same one that we spent the last 5 hours showing how conflicted and unsure he was?  Bringing added depth to his character was literally the only thing that Rian Johnson did right.  I suppose a more talented writer/director could have built on that to flesh out a more nuanced, complex, even sympathetic villain.  But I think we can all agree that JJ Abrams is not that guy.

It wouldn't have been hard to make Kylo a once conflicted, growingly evil main bad guy.  He is one of two good characters left in the series and would make a much better villain than Snoke or undead Palpatine.

As to the guy who liked it because it wasn't "PC crap" I'm gonna go ahead and guess you're one of those people who complains about commercials with mixed race couples or how the media's trying to shove (insert female perfomer) down your throat.