A Star is born

tbone_

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

The cast intrigues me.  Aside from Cooper, whom I think has really developed some solid acting chops, you have Sam Elliot, Andrew Dice Clay, and Dave Chappelle. 

Don't care ... Ford Fairlane still one of my top 5 guilty pleasures - Morris Day helps: "Damn. You gots to shave before you leave the house in a skirt that short ... and I don't mean yo legs."

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 6:54 PM, Kyle said:

Don't care ... Ford Fairlane still one of my top 5 guilty pleasures - Morris Day helps: "Damn. You gots to shave before you leave the house in a skirt that short ... and I don't mean yo legs."

You didn’t think we’d kill the koala bear, did ya? 

Snapper head. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:22 AM, Bateshorn said:

It's getting a lot of early Oscar buzz and premiered well last night. YMMV. I know Jason Isbell wrote at least a song in the soundtrack.

Lukas Nelson wrote several of the songs, coached Cooper, and his band is in it.

On 9/28/2018 at 10:27 AM, kingkoopa6 said:

love me some Cooper.

hated him in wedding crashers

Wat.

Cooper was fucking awesome in Wedding Crashers. So great.

"Hey fella..."

"It's just this damn competitive streak in me..."

"Did you check out the rack on that bartender...?"

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Wat.

Cooper was fucking awesome in Wedding Crashers. So great.

"Hey fella..."

"It's just this damn competitive streak in me..."

"Did you check out the rack on that bartender...?"

God damn right. He played that part to perfection. 

• Like 1

BC was perfect in Wedding Crashers.  And I've liked Gaga a lot more after she teamed up with Tony Bennett.

tenor.gif?itemid=5100317
DefinitiveConfusedEelelephant-size_restricted.gif
Wedding-Crashers-Sack-Lodge.jpg

I fucking hated Cooper after Wedding Crashers only cause he played it so well. Loved him since that. I gained an appreciation for Gaga after watching her and Elton John together. She has legit talent even if you don’t care for her music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Saw it last night.  It’s great.  That said, I hadn’t seen previews much so I initially found BC’s Sam Elliott impression distracting.  Then I saw Sam Elliott and it made it more distracting. Then you find out they are brothers, so, OK. Then Sam Elliott says, in a pretty dramatic scene, “You stole my fucking voice” and I guffawed in a silent theater with my wife angrily staring at me.  Too meta. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Like 1

Saw it tonight while on the road for work. Holy shit it was phenomenal and it absolutely hit me like a ton of bricks. Called my wife and cried on the drive back to my hotel.
Please don't think I'm judging you here, but you were crying after the movie ended, after you left the theater, and after you got in to the car well on your way back to the hotel? Did something hit uniquely close to home?