Jump to content
Parliament

Urban Meyer and all of Ohio suck.

Recommended Posts

Somehow I feel the cost of living isn't going to be a deciding factor for someone pulling in $5M+ a year annually in official money plus all the perks that come on the side from boosters and alums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Somehow I feel the cost of living isn't going to be a deciding factor for someone pulling in $5M+ a year annually in official money plus all the perks that come on the side from boosters and alums.

PM Charlie for tips on getting a $1 rental for a $3M pad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Urban Meyer involved in Colorado State Head Coach hiring process??

https://footballscoop.com/news/tuesday-update-at-colorado-state/

 

Tuesday update at Colorado State

By Scott Roussel      December 10, 2019

On Monday, the Colorado State search was trending toward former Tennessee head coach Butch Jones. In fact, we were told a deal was being negotiated.  However, sources told FootballScoop that the search has taken a late turn, and former Indiana head coach Kevin Wilson now has a very good shot at being offered the job.

If Colorado State can reach an agreement with either Jones or Wilson, a formal announcement could be made as soon as later today.

Of note: Urban Meyer advised Colorado State and, sources say, sat in on meetings as a representative of the Rams.

Wilson, 58, went 26-47 in six seasons as the head coach at Indiana from 2011-16. Prior to that, he was a pioneer of the spread, up-tempo offense. as Northwestern’s offensive coordinator from 1999-01 and Oklahoma’s offensive coordinator from 2002-10. After Indiana, Wilson spent two seasons on Meyer’s staff at Ohio State and continued with Ryan Day as the offensive coordinator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 3:53 PM, LTtxfan said:

Why is Urban Meyer involved in Colorado State Head Coach hiring process??

https://footballscoop.com/news/tuesday-update-at-colorado-state/

 

Tuesday update at Colorado State

By Scott Roussel      December 10, 2019

On Monday, the Colorado State search was trending toward former Tennessee head coach Butch Jones. In fact, we were told a deal was being negotiated.  However, sources told FootballScoop that the search has taken a late turn, and former Indiana head coach Kevin Wilson now has a very good shot at being offered the job.

If Colorado State can reach an agreement with either Jones or Wilson, a formal announcement could be made as soon as later today.

Of note: Urban Meyer advised Colorado State and, sources say, sat in on meetings as a representative of the Rams.

Wilson, 58, went 26-47 in six seasons as the head coach at Indiana from 2011-16. Prior to that, he was a pioneer of the spread, up-tempo offense. as Northwestern’s offensive coordinator from 1999-01 and Oklahoma’s offensive coordinator from 2002-10. After Indiana, Wilson spent two seasons on Meyer’s staff at Ohio State and continued with Ryan Day as the offensive coordinator.

 

Here's why Urban was involved in Colorado State Coaching Search...  So freakin' incestuous!!

Colorado State: Sources tell FootballScoop that Steve Addazio is expected to bring Bowling Green tight ends coach (and his son) and former Ohio State graduate assistant Louie Addazio and Ohio State senior quality control analyst Corey Dennis (the son-in-law of Urban Meyer) to the staff. We understand Louie will likely coach the offensive line, and Dennis will likely work with the quarterbacks.

Edited by LTtxfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tweets Thx to @texifornia 

Colorado State: Sources tell FootballScoop that Steve Addazio is expected to bring Bowling Green tight ends coach (and his son) and former Ohio State graduate assistant Louie Addazio and Ohio State senior quality control analyst Corey Dennis (the son-in-law of Urban Meyer) to the staff. We understand Louie will likely coach the offensive line, and Dennis will likely work with the quarterbacks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Urban's son-in-law...
 
Ohio State football to elevate Corey Dennis to quarterbacks coach: Report

Updated 6:31 PM, Today

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State football plans to look internally for its next quarterbacks coach, according to reports.  Quality control coach Corey Dennis is expected to be promoted to succeed Mike Yurcich as QBs coach, per Yahoo’s Pete Thamel. Yurcich was hired as Texas’ offensive coordinator following the Buckeyes’ Fiesta Bowl loss to Clemson last Saturday.

Reports last month said Dennis was expected to join the coaching staff at Colorado State, also as quarterbacks coach. Those reports preceded Yurcich’s departure at Ohio State.

Dennis, who is the son-in-law of former OSU coach Urban Meyer, has spent the previous five seasons on Ohio State’s staff. Over the past two seasons he worked with Heisman Trophy finalist quarterbacks Dwayne Haskins, who set a Big Ten touchdowns record in 2018, and Justin Fields.

He began his tenure as an intern while working towards his master’s degree in sports management. He later served as a graduate assistant on offense in 2016 and ’17. Prior to his coaching career, Dennis played 54 games in four seasons at Georgia Tech, contributing at receiver, defensive back and special teams.

 

Edited by LTtxfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LTtxfan said:
Urban's son-in-law...
 
Ohio State football to elevate Corey Dennis to quarterbacks coach: Report

Updated 6:31 PM, Today

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State football plans to look internally for its next quarterbacks coach, according to reports.  Quality control coach Corey Dennis is expected to be promoted to succeed Mike Yurcich as QBs coach, per Yahoo’s Pete Thamel. Yurcich was hired as Texas’ offensive coordinator following the Buckeyes’ Fiesta Bowl loss to Clemson last Saturday.

Reports last month said Dennis was expected to join the coaching staff at Colorado State, also as quarterbacks coach. Those reports preceded Yurcich’s departure at Ohio State.

Dennis, who is the son-in-law of former OSU coach Urban Meyer, has spent the previous five seasons on Ohio State’s staff. Over the past two seasons he worked with Heisman Trophy finalist quarterbacks Dwayne Haskins, who set a Big Ten touchdowns record in 2018, and Justin Fields.

He began his tenure as an intern while working towards his master’s degree in sports management. He later served as a graduate assistant on offense in 2016 and ’17. Prior to his coaching career, Dennis played 54 games in four seasons at Georgia Tech, contributing at receiver, defensive back and special teams.

 

Did you read any of the tweets back @ Corey Dennis? Seems like a lot of people who would know think this is a great move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim Tressell’s Vest said:

Urban Meyer would be a Top 5 college football coach jackass scumbag if he was still coaching/if he goes back to coaching, no matter where he is at

fify

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should try trademarking ‘The Ohio State University is a diploma factory in a shit rust-belt state whose coaches, players, students, alumni and fans are all regards’ and then whittle it down from there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're making another attempt to trademark a word.  Haters gonna hate.

“The” is the most commonly used word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Corpus, and Ohio State is continuing its fight to trademark it.

The United States Patent and Trademark Office refused Ohio State’s attempt to trademark the word “The” Sept. 11, but the university is once again attempting a trademark on the word in retaliation over fashion brand The Marc Jacobs’ similar application.

“This is a defensive action in response to designer Marc Jacobs’ response to the office action in his application, which includes an example of his intended use that signals a potential encroachment on the established use of ‘The’ by Ohio State,” Ben Johnson, university spokesperson, said.

https://www.thelantern.com/2020/03/ohio-state-continues-the-trademark-battle/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...