Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Law and order candidate!

The admiral who is pushing to strip Gallagher of his Trident is daring Trump to fire him. Ultimately, Trump is the Commander and Chief and can order soldiers to peel potatoes if he wants, but you could end up seeing a series of firings and resignations at the top of the Navy over this, including potentially the Secretary of the Navy.  If it goes like that and Trump loses re-election, the damage to the SEALS is could well last a decade.

Edited by Bateshorn

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They will give Gallagher the shittiest assignment possible and generally make his life as miserable as possible.  Trump can’t do shit about that.

My guess is he'll leave the military as soon as Trump has restored his Trident to prevent flying cargo planes full of rubber dogshit. Gallagher is a first class piece of shit who is going to do lasting damage to an institution he claims to love. 

13 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

The admiral who is pushing to strip Gallagher of his Trident is daring Trump to fire him. Ultimately, Trump is the Commander and Chief and can order soldiers to peel potatoes if he wants, but you could end up seeing a series of firings and resignations at the top of the Navy over this, including potentially the Secretary of the Navy.  If it goes like that and Trump loses re-election, the damage to the SEALS is could well last a decade.

Can he name anyone Admiral or General or are there military service requirements that the CIC can't bypass?

He will fill out the SEALS with WWE washouts that Vince McMahon sends his way. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Nobody tell Trump that Terry Long is Latina.  Actually, no wait...tell him.  And I want his base to know how much she has done for the State of Texas and beyond.  And then find out that Terry Long is none other than Teresa Lozano.  And it was the same person the whole time (Scooby Doo music)

He knows...

003C7182-E92C-4203-B724-6B636B4663D7.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Nobody tell Trump that Terry Long is Latina.  Actually, no wait...tell him.  And I want his base to know how much she has done for the State of Texas and beyond.  And then find out that Terry Long is none other than Teresa Lozano.  And it was the same person the whole time (Scooby Doo music)

Sounds like a Highway to Heaven episode. 

4 minutes ago, mchookem said:

you know... i'm just sad this morning. like, i kind of feel like i could cry easily over all this. its just so sad, not just Trump, he's a clown, but that half my country, that half the leaders (or more) of my country can so easily toss aside the fundamental principles that this country was built on. 

these people testifying have dedicated their entire lives to protecting and serving those principles.

i've never been a jingoistic ideologue, rah-rah-my country kind of person. i fucking hate Lee Greenwood.

but objectively, this whole thing is really kind of just breaking my heart. it's really, really sad, what we have become. 

and there's not a damn thing i can do about it 😞

Now, now.  There's always room for you on The Ledge.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mchookem said:

you know... i'm just sad this morning. like, i kind of feel like i could cry easily over all this. its just so sad, not just Trump, he's a clown, but that half my country, that half the leaders (or more) of my country can so easily toss aside the fundamental principles that this country was built on. 

these people testifying have dedicated their entire lives to protecting and serving those principles.

i've never been a jingoistic ideologue, rah-rah-my country kind of person. i fucking hate Lee Greenwood.

but objectively, this whole thing is really kind of just breaking my heart. it's really, really sad, what we have become. 

Related image

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mchookem said:

...and there's not a damn thing i can do about it 😞

There are things you can do.  It's a slow grind, so the effectiveness may not be immediately apparent.  And, in the end, we may lose. But there are things you can do.  Donate.  Volunteer. Run for office.  If the big races seem too overwhelming, focus on the local ones.  A little help there can make a big impact on who wins office.  The problems are not just at the federal level, and neither are the solutions.

Sorry for lecture.  But your sentiment is one I hear often.  If 10% of the people who are pissed off or sad decided to volunteer at the grassroots level, the bastards wouldn't stand a chance.  Not a fucking chance. 

• Like 8

Just now, Tuco said:

There are things you can do.  It's a slow grind, so the effectiveness may not be immediately apparent.  And, in the end, we may lose. But there are things you can do.  Donate.  Volunteer. Run for office.  If the big races seem too overwhelming, focus on the local ones.  A little help there can make a big impact on who wins office.  The problems are not just at the federal level, and neither are the solutions.

Sorry for lecture.  But your sentiment is one I hear often.  If 10% of the people who are pissed off or sad decided to volunteer at the grassroots level, the bastards wouldn't stand a chance.  Not a fucking chance. 

The good thing about Trump is all the people he's inspired to run against him and his ideas.  We have more women and minorities becoming involved in politics than ever before.  I say fuck the ledge for the next year.  If he's still president after the election then drinks are on me but in the meantime let's do what we can to eject his fat ass and his minions out of office.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Trump and the navy not getting along. What a fucking draft dodging douche. 

https://apple.news/ANXyK-8m_QmeibSrcY9bb3w

Here's how this happened and how Trump was drawn to this pet issue:  Trump watched a Fox News segment and announced his position on Twitter moments later, like he does when he watches television.  Trump saw this man's lawyer, Tim Parlatore, refer to  Navy Admiral Collin Green as a "coward" for his disciplinary measures against SEAL Team 7.  And of course, like every Navy Admiral, Green's military biography is extraordinary, basically beginning with his time as a member of Navy Seal Teams 2, 3, and 5.  How could Trump possibly not get involved considering his military expertise.  And he once again gets to pit himself against a snooty bureaucrat meddling in the life of an active duty soldier.  Except this snooty bureaucrat isn't that at all, rather he's another guy who has dedicated his entire life to the military and has a staggering career record.  And now his career is at a point where his Commander in Chief is aligning against him with people who refer to him as a "coward." 

The President has multiple other scenarios where he's engaged in this kind of antagonistic behavior toward people with exceptional military backgrounds.  That's because he's a piece of shit.   

• Like 7

If Trump was shown a map of the world that was simply land mass (no borders or named countries), and then asked to place a pin as close as he could to Tehran, how close would he get? 

To make it easier, let's draw the country lines, and simply ask him to identify Iran. I mean this stupid fuck sits through intelligence briefings regularly on the area, it should be a no brainer.

Now let's say you have to bet one years salary on whether he can successfully identify Iran. Which side of the bet do you take?

Edited by Blotto

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

Exactly and all the whites who freaked out about our first black president could have just chilled instead of thinking this loud mouthed orange person "was our guy"

When ignorance and fear take over 

And the funny thing is, they could have elected a white guy, and probably kept the House.

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

Jason Isbell has got you fam. Donate. Organize. And knock on a hella lot of doors.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

He's gonna start a war with Iran to distract from the impeachment. I mean, how can you impeach a President who is saving the world from evil regimes?

That and Saudi Arabia will make him an actual billionaire if he does their bidding like a good little bitch.

• Like 1