Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

22 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

So, we got a laser pointer.  Eli will spend hours chasing the dot. It’s hilarious and great exercise.  

my labrador, Sadie, DNGAF about the laser pointer.  she only gets curious about the dot for a millisecond....  and even then she doesnt really care, but the mutt puppy... holy shit the puppy sees the fucking dot and goes apeshit. 

Shes worse than a cat with the laser pointer, and has slammed into a wall on more than a few occasions. 

Berners are the best dogs ever.  Unfortunately, they have a lot of health issues (cancer being the biggie).  My avatar was 3/4 Berner but we lost him at age 8 to cancer.

My friend says the good breeders have been working on extending the lifespan, and those are really in demand. It was a pretty extensive vetting process before they were selected by this breeder, and they didn’t get to pick the pup (or even the sex).

On 6/15/2020 at 10:29 PM, Buzzrock said:

Burmese python pup is damn cute. Look at those feets!

ebf3fd06d3665bef5e77643369378f92.jpg

We had a Berner.   Only lived 7 years but was an awesome dog with an incredible personality.  He got up to 130 pounds.  Usually when we were trying to leave the house and he didn’t want us to go he would just lay down and the only way to get him to the mud room was to slide him through the house.  I absolutely loved that dog.  

Edited by stork642
  • Like 1

My friend says the good breeders have been working on extending the lifespan, and those are really in demand. It was a pretty extensive vetting process before they were selected by this breeder, and they didn’t get to pick the pup (or even the sex).
Yeah, the good breeders are part of a program called Berner Garde. They are trying to breed a lot of the genetic stuff (like cancer) out of the breed.

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

We had a Berner.   Only lived 7 years but was an awesome dog with an incredible personality.  He got up to 130 pounds.  Usually when we were trying to leave the house and he didn’t want us to go he would just lay down and the only way to get him to the mud room was to slide him through the house.  I absolutely loved that dog.  

Lord, if I live long enough I know what my next dog will be.  The picture of that beautiful dog just melted me.

Edited by SHOOTER12

38 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Haven't checked in with Kevin in a while. He's still a good boy. A very good boy. He's always slept on the bed with me and has mostly lost the ability to jump up on to the bed, so for the past... I dunno, 6 months I've been lifting him onto the bed. He finally stopped wanting to do that (getting off is difficult and he needs a longer landing strip, and it's probably not good for his back anyways). That's tough - he's always slept up against me, for 11 years. I bought a square bed and stuck it on the floor right next to me, covered it with blankets and a pillow - he's liking it.

He's STILL capable of being a shithead troublemaker though - he and the little dog go out together every night in the backyard. Little dog always wants back in first, and Kevin usually does an inspection of the fenceline. I was out the other night while they were out, playing guitar and waiting for him to come back around.  And waiting, waiting, finally put the guitar up and went back to check what he was getting into and I guess the fence had been slightly open, dude was gone. I ran down the street shouting his name, ran back the other way, got my keys and got in the car driving around the block, trying to think of where he'd have gone (and if he would have explored towards Congress which would have been bad news). Circled back to the house and there he is standing at the front door with a big shit eating grin. This is him really pleased with himself and his adventure.

kevranaway.jpg

Finn did the same damn thing a few months back. At least he knows where he lives, apparently. 

9A0A4A28-501D-4A6E-856A-83E11AD5492A.jpeg

Edited by Biff Tannen
Yeah don’t know how to rotate that
  • Like 6

Haven't checked in with Kevin in a while. He's still a good boy. A very good boy. He's always slept on the bed with me and has mostly lost the ability to jump up on to the bed, so for the past... I dunno, 6 months I've been lifting him onto the bed. He finally stopped wanting to do that (getting off is difficult and he needs a longer landing strip, and it's probably not good for his back anyways). That's tough - he's always slept up against me, for 11 years. I bought a square bed and stuck it on the floor right next to me, covered it with blankets and a pillow - he's liking it.
He's STILL capable of being a shithead troublemaker though - he and the little dog go out together every night in the backyard. Little dog always wants back in first, and Kevin usually does an inspection of the fenceline. I was out the other night while they were out, playing guitar and waiting for him to come back around.  And waiting, waiting, finally put the guitar up and went back to check what he was getting into and I guess the fence had been slightly open, dude was gone. I ran down the street shouting his name, ran back the other way, got my keys and got in the car driving around the block, trying to think of where he'd have gone (and if he would have explored towards Congress which would have been bad news). Circled back to the house and there he is standing at the front door with a big shit eating grin. This is him really pleased with himself and his adventure.
kevranaway.jpg

Good Ole Kevin.

They have stairs for dogs, btw.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Haven't checked in with Kevin in a while. He's still a good boy. A very good boy. He's always slept on the bed with me and has mostly lost the ability to jump up on to the bed, so for the past... I dunno, 6 months I've been lifting him onto the bed. He finally stopped wanting to do that (getting off is difficult and he needs a longer landing strip, and it's probably not good for his back anyways). 

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

They have stairs for dogs, btw.

yeah, or depending on how high your bed is, you can also make a ramp for him. It could sit at the foot of the bed, assuming standard bed heights and a king size bed you can do a 3,5inch rise per foot, which should be reasonably easy for Kev

• Like 1

My 11 year old dog has suddenly become scared of my daughter’s dog. She won’t stay around him and runs away and hides. Up until this just happened this past week, she had been fine around him for the last two years no problem at all. Any idea what’s going on?

Haven't posted in this thread in a long time.  But had our pooch Crosby do a rover weekend, and were sent a couple of pics.  I swear you could drop him in the middle of Afghanistan and he'd be the happiest dog there.  He's turning 11 next month, and he's starting to show his age getting up much slower, sleeping a lot more, but still happy as a clam.  Can't let myself think too far ahead with him.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Like 9