Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Milton:

The biggest thing I’ll be looking at is the roster because I want to be one of the guys that gets in there and plays right away and after three years goes off to the NFL. The other thing is I want to go to a college with a really strong business school because I’m majoring in Business and Finance. Also, the school’s resources and its alumni base is important to me because I want the school to be able to set me up for after football. Those would be the three biggest things for me.

He say this today? That basically just described Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Milton:

The biggest thing I’ll be looking at is the roster because I want to be one of the guys that gets in there and plays right away and after three years goes off to the NFL. The other thing is I want to go to a college with a really strong business school because I’m majoring in Business and Finance. Also, the school’s resources and its alumni base is important to me because I want the school to be able to set me up for after football. Those would be the three biggest things for me.

#calculator

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

The biggest thing I’ll be looking at is the roster because I want to be one of the guys that gets in there and plays right away and after three years goes off to the NFL. The other thing is I want to go to a college with a really strong business school because I’m majoring in Business and Finance. Also, the school’s resources and its alumni base is important to me because I want the school to be able to set me up for after football. Those would be the three biggest things for me

So, Milton could find his paradise in Austin...

Edited by Tony Two K
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tony Two K said:

So, Milton could find his paradise in Austin...

No kidding. It almost sounds like Tom Herman scripted that so when Milton commits he can say "UT has all of the things I said I wanted in achool."   Great business/finance, HUGE and rich alumni base, and resources?  We're only the second-richest university in the world. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

No kidding. It almost sounds like Tom Herman scripted that so when Milton commits he can say "UT has all of the things I said I wanted in achool."   Great business/finance, HUGE and rich alumni base, and resources?  We're only the second-richest university in the world. 

Who is first?  ND?

11 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

if only we could compete with aggy engineering 

32 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Is that good?  That seems good.

18 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Harvard

Fuck Crimson.

If you can pick between Milton committing tomorrow...and sticking (but lose Evans) or ride it out until signing day with Evans....which do you take?
I’d take the guarantee in Milton especially with Bama being in the Evans mix.

Whynotboth.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just now, gmr548 said:
17 hours ago, EZ$ said:
If you can pick between Milton committing tomorrow...and sticking (but lose Evans) or ride it out until signing day with Evans....which do you take?
I’d take the guarantee in Milton especially with Bama being in the Evans mix.

Whynotboth.gif

With those two being in the fold, alongside Sanders and Cain, Drayton has done an unbelievable job stocking the RB room with talent.

IT on Corey Flagg

COREY FLAGG, JR.

After a state championship season, 2020 Galena Park North Shore LB Corey Flagg was asked if the Mustangs were going to repeat as state champions.

His reply was diplomatic. “One game at a time,” Flagg said. About the visit? He had a lot more to say.

“What stood out is what just happened right now,” Flagg said. “I was in there with Coach Orlando and we were just breaking down film. That stood out most to me.”

Flagg (6-foot, 215 pounds) has yet to receive an offer from UT, but Orlando explained to him the current state of Texas’ LB recruiting.

“He just asked me to be patient with him,” Flagg said. “He only has one linebacker that he’s offered in my class, so he’s very, very interested. He wants me to be patient. He’s going to come down to see me in the spring.”

One of the more interesting tidbits from talking with Flagg was Orlando’s explanation of his LB recruiting method.

With only two traditional LBs on the field for most of the game, it’s a position Orlando has to be thorough in scouting.

“He had me at the mac,” Flagg said. “He was telling me he doesn’t really recruit based off the mike position. He recruits off the rover. Whoever is slower, then he places you to the mac. I’m not really one of those fast 4.4 kind of guys. I’m like a 4.6. That’s where I’ll be playing.”

As far as Flagg’s interest in Texas?

“They’re definitely on the list,” Flagg said. “When I was in the film room with them, I liked what they bring to the table. I’m definitely interested.”

Flagg is hearing from North Texas and SMU and plans to take an official visit to Oklahoma State.

USC fans certainly have experience in dealing with losers, so We should all highly value their totally objective criticism of Herman. Wow, is the butthurt ever strong with these clowns. I’m just glad to know we’re once again feared enough to be hated...even by those we don’t play. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

It's weird to read a thread that looks like it's from an A&M site and encounter decent English and dissenting opinions.

precisely what I was thinking about while reading that.

hell, I even noticed that one of them spelled "angel" correctly and knew that I was reading something from someone who hadn't matriculated at aggy. 

33 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

That USC shit is hilarious. The program that brought us Sarkisian and Kiffen is now complaining about Herman being a douche? Well, I guess they would know better than most. 

I love how one idiot acts like we were using 1-yr deals for the assistants as a negative recruiting angle against them, when we were using the fact that Helton is on a 1-yr leash to stop sucking.