Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

11 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

So if it loses.... Does your name change to RomaDefeata??  RomaLoss??  RomaShun??

10 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I had to look it up. Romavictusest. Not so catchy. A real Latin scholar will likely correct me. 

Et infirmi erunt confundentur.

Vīctus and victus have very different meanings, coming from different etymologies. The former is from a root relating to living and means living or nourishing. The latter is from a root relating to conquest and means conquered. If you are looking for a version of Roma Victa that means “Defeated Rome,” you already have it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Milton reminds me much more of Trey Sanders than Chris Warren. 

I think Milton has the potential to be like that pass-catching USC RB who burned us before the half 2 years ago. 

He isn’t as smooth with his change of direction as that guy, but he looks a tad bit faster. 

well....it was a perfect "chamber of commerce weather" day here and I am sure that he was provided a solid steak dinner somewhere downtown  after some sort of excursion out  around Lake Travis......and that the female accouterments are now in full force...doing their thing.

I really don't know how this couldn't go well for Milton.

Oh, yeah, and the McCombs school kicks all kinds of ass....

If some school/city somewhere can top what was available in Austin today, you just tip your hat and chalk it up to "game recognize game"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sejjr said:

This Kate vs. Sommer shit has got to stop. Sommer is hot, yes. Nobody is disagreeing with that. However, speaking as one of the "olds" born in the 70s, girls like that used to be called "strippers." Some of us have fond memories of those types at The Men's Club, Treasures, Colorado Club, The Rose or even Sugars. Now they can make a million a year on social media. That doesn't mean we need to replace the woman who has been a part of back-to-back top 3 recruiting classes because she is over 40. Kate is and will always be the total package. She is a 5-star. Sommer is a rising 3-star with potential (and she is a coach on the field, duh). 

How long has the Kate thing been around? No offense but cherry picking the last two years because they actually were good classes is pretty aggy. Mainly my question is, was Kate a thing during the Charlie Strong years a.k.a. the worst time in the history of Texas football? Because if so, I’m not buying the lucky charm angle. 

Edited by GotThatFire
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

How long has the Kate thing been around? No offense but cherry picking the last two years because they actually were good classes is pretty aggy. Mainly my question is, was Kate a thing during the Charlie Strong years a.k.a. the worst time in the history of Texas football? Because if so, I’m not buying the lucky charm angle. 

Stick to the football board. 

• Like 6

Kate is a beautiful woman. I’ve only been around a few months - less than a year. Objectively (and by objective, I mean objectifying women), Sommer is hands down hotter. She is a living, breathing wet dream. I’d never marry her because I could never trust her, but the same is true of Kate. So if we’re calling spades spades, Somer dominates the competition.

However, if Kate is actually a good luck charm, capable of ensuring recruiting success, I will forego one obvious whore (Sommer) for Kate, a presumptive whore who isn’t quite as obvious about it. 

4 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Vīctus and victus have very different meanings, coming from different etymologies. The former is from a root relating to living and means living or nourishing. The latter is from a root relating to conquest and means conquered. If you are looking for a version of Roma Victa that means “Defeated Rome,” you already have it.

Grudgingly repped. Well done.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I think Milton has the potential to be like that pass-catching USC RB who burned us before the half 2 years ago. 

He isn’t as smooth with his change of direction as that guy, but he looks a tad bit faster. 

2 hours ago, futureman said:

roland jones IV?

You mean the one from Texas that Charlie recruited so hard he didn’t spell check his name??

5 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

So Kate was around during the CS era.. Say no more

It’s a fucking miracle we recruited as well as we did with a guy who couldn’t defer coin flips properly...  I understand the point you are trying to get at, unfortunately for you, you didn’t find out during discovery that your head is up your own ass. 

Case dismissed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

People rolling in here and fucking with the Kate system are almost as bad as the tards who stumble in here like a bunch of graceless bull dykes near signing days asking if Jake Smith is any good. 

There was a recruiting thread created for fellow young person and universally beloved poster zTejas. Why dont you instagram influencers and trend setters go blaze your own trail over there?

We've always been here, we just let you old fucks have your say. Times up asshole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 28

Sam Adams II is now considering playing DB in college, he's said no over and over but Saban ::

"Alabama is recruiting me as a defensive back or running back," he said. "My heart is at running back, but I'm still thinking about DB in college. I spent time with Coach Sark (Steve Sarkisian), Coach Saban, Coach Scott, Coach Huff and Coach Sunseri.

"Coach Saban was just explaining how I could fit into their offensive and defensive system. He talked about how he likes to play incoming players and where he sees me playing.

We even recruitied well when Coach Potato was here. That’s how freaking money Kate is. She has reached the status of Bevo, Coach Royal and that crazy guy who took your order that the Union Wendy’s. 

Anyone taking shit about Kate after everything she has done needs to be negged into Bolivia. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

We even recruitied well when Coach Potato was here. That’s how freaking money Kate is. She has reached the status of Bevo, Coach Royal and that crazy guy who took your order that the Union Wendy’s. 

Anyone taking shit about Kate after everything she has done needs to be negged into Bolivia. 

Too soon. May he RIP.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Like 1

E.J. Holland: Texas recruiting tidbits on top OOS targets from Pylon Las Vegas

— Five-star Seattle Garfield (WA) linebacker Sav’ell Smalls has been building a strong relationship with the Texas coaching staff, specifically Todd Orlando and Bryan Carrington. Smalls speaks with both frequently and is looking to make an unofficial visit at some point this spring — potentially for the spring game. Smalls is taking his time with things and said he is completely open.

— Texas is in the Top 5 for five-star Calabasas (Calif.) wide receiver Johnny Wilson. So just how big of a contender is UT? A huge one. Wilson plans to make an unofficial visit to Texas in the next month or two. He will also use an official visit on Texas down the line. While there is a lot of pull for him to stay closer to home, Wilson loves the program and has built a bond with Drew Mehringer.

— It’s crazy to think about Texas is the only school that has hosted five-star Saguaro (AZ) cornerback Kelee Ringo on multiple visits over the last year. And yes, Ringo is still very high on Texas. He has a great relationship with the entire coaching staff and keeps up with them frequently. Ringo is looking to get back to Austin before the end of spring and will also likely use an official visit on Texas.

— Five-star Desert Pines (NV) tight end Darnell Washington told me he plans to visit Texas at some point this offseason. If he enjoys his time on campus, he said an official visit could be in the cards as well. Washington wants to learn more about the Texas program. He is intrigued by the history and tradition as well as the Longhorns’ recent success on the field.

— Four-star Eastside Catholic (WA) tight end DJ Rogers isn’t a prospect we’ve talked about a ton, but he’s definitely worth getting to know. Rogers spoke very highly of the Longhorns and said he talks to Derek Warehime on a regular basis. Rogers added that Texas is one of the schools he definitely wants to see before the spring is over.

— Four-star Eastside Catholic (WA) running back Sam Adams II wants to get to both Texas and Texas A&M as soon as possible. An A&M legacy, Adams’ father is originally from the Lone Star State. Adams is intrigued by both programs and keeps in touch with Stan Drayton.

— Four-star Madison Prep (La.) athlete Joel Williams told me he wants to get back to Texas at some point in the near future. Williams is being recruited as a cornerback, but it’s unclear how high he is on the priority board. I actually just put in a Crystal Ball pick for Texas A&M.

— Elite 2021 Dallas Skyline wide receiver Quaydarius Davis told me that he is extremely excited about his new offer from Texas. He loved his junior day weekend visit and really had opportunity to connect with the staff. I recently put in a Crystal Ball pick for the Longhorns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

RIP Junior. You bat s*** crazy SOB. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

You mean the one from Texas that Charlie recruited so hard he didn’t spell check his name??

Ronald is in the NFL now. I still see his name misspelled about half the time. If you name a kid Stehpen, Jhon or Ronald you can expect it to be “misspelled”. Even by reporters, announcers and coaches. 

55 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Kate is the official Texas recruiting thread harbinger. If you don’t like it start an alternative thread and you can nominate whatever Instagram sloot of the day you fancy.

Elguapo...... thought you might like a plethora of ladies?

Edited by LTtxfan

40 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Not to be taken literally buddy. My grandfather was my absolute hero. Greatest man I ever knew. That said, the Kate obsession is getting old.

At what point do you think our obsession with Bevo got old? I mean aggys don’t think he’s the sexiest animal on the planet.