Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

“Don’t get me wrong, my recruitment is still open,” Demas said.
Okay, he's open. Noted.
“I’m just 100 percent to A&M right now."
Okay, he's not open. He's locked in. Noted.
"You know, I’ve always liked Texas. Of course, Javonne (Shepherd) is trying to recruit me. He just tells me UT is where it’s at."
This is interesting but ultimately irrelevant information because as noted above, he's now locked in to A&M. One sentence after being open.
"I’m not blocking him out. "
But wait, this doesn't make sense. He's not blocking it out even though he's locked in. I suppose that just means he's not being rude to Shepherd while still definitely being locked in 100% to A&M.
"I’m just neutral right now.”
Oh for fuck's sake.

100 percent committed to being 100 percent uncommitted

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Okay, he's open. Noted.
"You know, I’ve always liked Texas. Of course, Javonne (Shepherd) is trying to recruit me. He just tells me UT is where it’s at."
This is interesting but ultimately irrelevant information because as noted above, he's now locked in to A&M. One sentence after being open.
But wait, this doesn't make sense. He's not blocking it out even though he's locked in. I suppose that just means he's not being rude to Shepherd while still definitely being locked in 100% to A&M.
Oh for fuck's sake.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Okay, he's open. Noted.

Oh for fuck's sake. 

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Okay, he's open. Noted.

Oh for fuck's sake.

LikelyEmbarrassedAfricanfisheagle-size_r

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I feel like if his goal was to quiet the speculation and questions, he's not going to like the results of that interview.

There's plenty of snippets from that interview that aggy can rely on while selectively ignoring the rest that will make them feel very warm and cozy!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Is it time to save screenshots of every “best recruit I’ve ever seen in my life” tweets and posts?

They’re building Demas up more than almost any recruit I can remember in recent time. Like the most since Reggie “better than VY even after 2005” McNeal.

if he leaves, it will be fucking glorious. I don’t expect it, but man if it happened, it would make the Jimbo 2020 thread so much fun. 

41 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Okay, he's open. Noted.

Oh for fuck's sake.

I have high hopes that aggy decommit season will return to normal in 2020 after 2019's disappointing partial shutdown.

28 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Is it time to save screenshots of every “best recruit I’ve ever seen in my life” tweets and posts?

aggy must be so disappointed with the electronic age.  Historical revisionism no longer requires book burning despite any urges they may feel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Okay, he's open. Noted.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Translation: he's a 17 year-old kid. 

24 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

I do not find Demas's position contradictory in the least in an era where there is such thing as an uncommittable scholarship offer.

Logical breakdown of your post:

Despite Thing X being contradictory, I choose not to consider it contradictory, because Thing Y is also contradictory.

Edited by Katfid54

57 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

aggy must be so disappointed with the electronic age.  Historical revisionism no longer requires book burning despite any urges they may feel.

this has been looch's particular El Guapo. He cut his teeth in the recruiting business by watergating his previous years' recruiting rankings lists on Texags, while other "services" lists were readily archived for reference. 

While the worst thing to ever happen to him was Vince Young... the second worse thing was the advent of the screen shot. 

• Like 2

If recruiting were dating:

"My fact is I’m 100 percent committed to my marriage. If I decide to divorce, that’s my decision. But right now, I’m 100 percent married.  Don’t get me wrong, my romantic interests are still open. I’m just 100 percent married right now. You know, I’ve always liked that other girl. Of course, my friend is trying to influence me. He just tells me that other girl is where it’s at. I’m not blocking him out. I’m just neutral right now.”

My wife would NOT be pleased. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

If recruiting were dating:

"My fact is I’m 100 percent committed to my marriage. If I decide to divorce, that’s my decision. But right now, I’m 100 percent married.  Don’t get me wrong, my romantic interests are still open. I’m just 100 percent married right now. You know, I’ve always liked that other girl. Of course, my friend is trying to influence me. He just tells me that other girl is where it’s at. I’m not blocking him out. I’m just neutral right now.”

My wife would NOT be pleased. 

But if you're a five-star husband, do you think she'll pull your offer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

this has been looch's particular El Guapo. He cut his teeth in the recruiting business by watergating his previous years' recruiting rankings lists on Texags, while other "services" lists were readily archived for reference. 

While the worst thing to ever happen to him was Vince Young... the second worse thing was the advent of the screen shot. 

But the best thing to happen to Looch is the 12 inch dildo and 55 gallon drum of lube.

• Haha 1