Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Evans not coming here literally has nothing to do with message board posts.  Hell aggy spent the better part of the last 6 months making racist comments towards his brother, yet they seem to be in the lead now.  

Edited by victory88
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Championship takes a good 45 seconds, hell maybe 2 minutes longer to type out than hitting the shift key then the apostrophe, then shift again to spell ship.

Its aggy douchy. Deal with it.

*quietly* I can't understand this board's deal with "natty" and "croot" while enforcing "aggy" for A&M either *end quietly*

• Like 4

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

*quietly* I can't understand this board's deal with "natty" and "croot" while enforcing "aggy" for A&M either *end quietly*

The term "aggy" is singular, much the same as the mindset of everyone who carries that moniker. The singular mindset itself it one that is cognitively dissociated from reality and is unable to process any information that would counter the intrinsic belief system of the aggy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, victory88 said:

Evans not coming here literally has nothing to do with message board posts.  Hell aggy spent the better part of the last 6 months making racist comments towards his brother, yet they seem to be in the lead now.  

I think it's pretty clear Bama leads

21 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Chad Morris’s isn’t being fired in year 2. Not with his kid coming in and then generally recruiting better than recent records should have allowed. That dude’s seat is as cool as the other side of the pillow. RIP STU.

also, this: his buyout if fired before 12/31/19 is $12.25 million

but seriously, he came into a situation where he is basically turning over offensive scheme completely and had a "year zero". he isn't going anywhere soon.

Edited by NoName

Clint Buckley: Ex-Texas commit Mookie Cooper opens up on future

One of the most electric wide receivers in the country was among the most exciting skill players at The Opening finals earlier this week in Frisco. Trinity Catholic (St. Louis) 2020 four-star playmaker and former Texas commit Mookie Cooper opened up to Horns247 this week to discuss what he’s been up to recently and his future plans. Cooper just took an official visit to USC and learned quite a bit.

“I was at USC last weekend and I got to see where I fit in,” Cooper said. “At first I was kinda on edge because they recruit a lot of big receivers, I didn’t know if I’d really fit. But talking to them and seeing how they are gonna (change) their offense, that was pretty good." Cooper has also visited Ohio State and Illinois recently.

The pass-catcher reiterated that his de-commitment from Texas had little to do with his feelings about the Horns. “I just really didn’t want to rush a commitment,” Cooper said. “At the moment I was feeling Texas, but I wasn’t 100 percent sure I wanted to be committed. It wasn’t that something happened or anything like that.” Cooper, who did not visit Texas this spring or summer, said he will most likely come to Austin for a game this fall. “Me and (Texas receivers coach Drew Mehringer) are still pretty close,” Cooper said. It’s just re-scheduling a visit, it’s nothing holding us back. The relationship is still the same, I’m still talking to them.”

Cooper’s Top 5 consists of Texas, Miami, Ohio State, USC, and Illinois. “I don’t have an exact date or anything like that,” Cooper said of his commitment timeline. “But I’m probably not gonna wait it out until the signing period, it’ll probably be before that.” At 5-foot-8.5 inches, 193 pounds, Cooper is No. 11 ranked wide receiver in the nation and the No. 64 ranked player overall according to 247Sports Composite Rankings.

9 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Damn man, what was our recruiting pitch to Washington to where he was like, "oh okay, I'll go play for the shittiest defense on the planet where they tell you that none of their players are NFL worthy that's awesome man hell yah"?

"That's different.", is what Washington said about that 'honesty'. 

I guess our guys should be doing "different" things also.

"You know, coach giles basically came by and just shit right there in the middle of the living room, right there on the carpet. My mom was like 'what are you doing' but he said 'look maam that's how bad I had to shit, I'll be upfront with you and your kid' so that's different."

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Damn man, what was our recruiting pitch to Washington to where he was like, "oh okay, I'll go play for the shittiest defense on the planet where they tell you that none of their players are NFL worthy that's awesome man hell yah"?

It doesn't make Grinch look any better, but that pitch was supposedly directed towards Eaton, not Washington.