Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

On 8/26/2023 at 4:27 PM, luke duke said:

38b3c6ccdd6d20138f886f1ed6e0b2dc.jpg

That reminds me of a time when I was out drinking to the point of not being able to drive. Buddies I was drinking suggested getting "Buddy cab" where two people come pick you up and drive you and your car home.

Anyway, I texted another buddy to ask if he had used it before. Before he could respond I responded "Well, I have now!" Yes, I read my own text to him as it being from him and then answering.

On 8/23/2023 at 10:57 AM, CHIEF said:

One of the main reasons she has hardly ever made an appearance on this page, is she owns up to her shit. She actually apologized and said she never realized she was worse about it than I am.  She will even admit when I'm right, and she is wrong, a true unicorn.

CHIEF

Even if she isn't hot, she seems hot.

But, pics needed to confrim.

And of the gf.

17 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

My wife is an absolute menace with a shopping cart in a large box store. Pushing it down the left side of the aisle, stopping abruptly, barreling into cross traffic aisles with impunity.

I took a day off to spend with her however she wanted, and a solid half hour was spent shamefully apologizing to strangers in Sam’s Club

You should see her drive.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

My wife is an absolute menace with a shopping cart in a large box store. Pushing it down the left side of the aisle, stopping abruptly, barreling into cross traffic aisles with impunity.

I took a day off to spend with her however she wanted, and a solid half hour was spent shamefully apologizing to strangers in Sam’s Club

Oh man.  Just being in public in general is a challenge.  Complete lack of awareness of her space in the world.  Constantly having to push and pull her in different directions to get out of people's way.  I've saved her life multiple times by pulling her back onto the curb to stop her from walking into traffic.  I don't know how she made it this far.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh man.  Just being in public in general is a challenge.  Complete lack of awareness of her space in the world.  Constantly having to push and pull her in different directions to get out of people's way.  I've saved her life multiple times by pulling her back onto the curb to stop her from walking into traffic.  I don't know how she made it this far.  

If you’re going to be married my wife as well, please take part of my mortgage payment too

• Hook 'Em 2

Its full-on apple season here. We have a tree in the backyard thats giving off green apples. Trees in the neighborhood (like at the school next door) are overflowing with red apples. Our neighbors are putting baskets on the sidewalk offering theirs for free. 

So why does my wife still buy apples from the store on her weekly grocery trips? Half of which is left on the counter to go bad anyway…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Its full-on apple season here. We have a tree in the backyard thats giving off green apples. Trees in the neighborhood (like at the school next door) are overflowing with red apples. Our neighbors are putting baskets on the sidewalk offering theirs for free. 

So why does my wife still buy apples from the store on her weekly grocery trips? Half of which is left on the counter to go bad anyway…

When I was younger we had a cat that had kittens.  My parents put an ad in the paper saying “Free Kittens” to get rid of them when they were old enough.   No one took any or came to even look.    Next week they put ad saying “kittens $15”, and they were gone within a day.

Free apples are obviously inferior to expensive store apples.   Duh!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, ABSR said:

When I was younger we had a cat that had kittens.  My parents put an ad in the paper saying “Free Kittens” to get rid of them when they were old enough.   No one took any or came to even look.    Next week they put ad saying “kittens $15”, and they were gone within a day.

Goddamn Veblen kitties!

1 hour ago, ABSR said:

So what did that cost you? About $75?

Wife: Michael’s is opening in the old Bed Bath and Beyond spot in Mueller. 

NAVY: Oh Kay 

Wife: Well it’s closer than Hobby Lobby on 183 

NAVY: So you’re going to buy a bunch of new hobby shit and then never actually hobby it 

Wife: uh… yeah 

NAVY: Can it not be plastic plants this time? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, 52-80 said:

We have chickens. We give eggs away. We buy better eggs from Kroger......

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, NAVY said:

Wife: Michael’s is opening in the old Bed Bath and Beyond spot in Mueller. 

NAVY: Oh Kay 

Wife: Well it’s closer than Hobby Lobby on 183 

NAVY: So you’re going to buy a bunch of new hobby shit and then never actually hobby it 

Wife: uh… yeah 

NAVY: Can it not be plastic plants this time? 

I think your wife gets a free pass here. 

10 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

We have chickens. We give eggs away. We buy better eggs from Kroger......

Ouch. This one hurts. 

• Haha 1

I was with a woman, "M" for 5 years before this one, and I've been with this one for 12. 

Anyway, M had a daughter that was 6 or so at the time.  It's christmas season, and M wants to go to Michael's, because she's going to do some craft shit for her family.  On the way to Michael's, we stop for breakfast.  

We wander around Michael's for a very long time.  At some point, I ask the kid, "N", "honey, are you hungry?".  She says yes. M says "we just had breakfast".

I replay "THAT WAS 5 HOURS AGO". 

And it was. 

5 fucking hours in Michael's. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I was with a woman, "M" for 5 years before this one, and I've been with this one for 12. 

Anyway, M had a daughter that was 6 or so at the time.  It's christmas season, and M wants to go to Michael's, because she's going to do some craft shit for her family.  On the way to Michael's, we stop for breakfast.  

We wander around Michael's for a very long time.  At some point, I ask the kid, "N", "honey, are you hungry?".  She says yes. M says "we just had breakfast".

And it was. 

I hope the M was for Macpherson.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/2/2023 at 10:12 PM, Gil Bang said:

And it was. 

Let me guess- it was about 12 years ago too

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 1

I about had an aneurysm this afternoon. Try to follow along. Trust me, I'm going to try to summarize the clusterfuck.

(3:40) (We've spent the day at the beach and getting ready to go home)

BIL to my wife: Do you guys want to have an early dinner at our house? I'm ordering burgers from this place I like. I can pick it up.

Wife to BIL: Sure. The the burger place is on the way home. We can pick it up.

(3:45) (The kids and I tell her what we want, assuming she's going to relay the message to her brother... )

(3:50) Wife to me: Should I order for ourselves?

Me: Why? He said he's ordering and we're picking it up. Right?

Wife: Well, he's not responding.

Me: So... are we picking it up or not?

Wife: I guess not.

(4:00) (5 minute after we pass the restaurant)

Wife: So should we pick up the burgers?

Me: What? We passed it 5 minutes ago. What did your brother say?

Wife: He hasn't responded.

Me: The kids need to shower, I'm taking them home.

(4:20) (We arrive at home)

(5:50) (We've been home for more than an hour, the kids have showered, settled in and are watching a movie.)

Wife: Well, I'm going to pick up the burgers now. Can you bring the kids to my brother's house?

Me: The kids have showered, they're not going to leave the house.

Wife: Okay, I guess my brother can come over then.

Superhero

Edited by Superhero
  • Haha 2

On 9/2/2023 at 10:12 PM, Gil Bang said:

And it was. 

How do you spend 5 hours in Michael's?

Did her brother come over? Was he pissed at her too? Why did she say she would pick up the burgers that he was ordering and then not pick them up?  I don't understand what happened to miscommunicate what the plan was?
The fuckup was thar the BIL was going to pick them up and then wife said "we'll pick them up". BiL assumes his sister is getting them and coming over. He probably calls in his order and assumes she'll order for her family. He goes to take a shower, take a nap, get laid, whatever and doesn't check his phone. She decides to blow it off because he didn't answer, then a couple hours later the BIL probably like, "Hey! Where are the burgers?" Then wife decides to go do it then.

But the order was made around 3:55 PM, by the BIL, I'm assuming because SH doesn't say he heard her make one then. I'm not sure why they didn't go ahead and stop at the burger place and see if he put in an order for them first. But okay, that didn't happen, she wish-washed them out of that.

My favorite part is that after fumbling the hand-off order, she goes to the burger place and instead of putting in a fresh order, she picks up the old order from her brother. That is gold, Jerry!  

13 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

This morning, I'm standing in the kitchen, making coffee, with the door closed so the noise does not wake the kids. For background purposes, it is 6 AM and my wife and I have had exactly no conversations this morning. Additionally, we have had no conversations of any real significance the night before. Nor did we have any sort of disagreement. 

My wife opens the door, walks into the kitchen, and says "I think you're wrong."

This is the content right here!

• Like 1

Yesterday I made a short list of things I needed from Costco.  Wife sees and asks if I was going or if I wanted her to go. I said I'd go after dinner. She said she wanted to go also, and I said ok whatever.  

Eat dinner, start watching the astros beat the rangers senseless again. Wife is getting restless...

7:20 wife- are you just going to go tomorrow?

Me- no, there's plenty of time. 

Wife- harumphing, fidgeting, sighing audibly for the next 20 minutes 

7: 45 Me- let's go

7:55 arrive at Costco. Find the shit on my list. I'm pushing the cart going only where I need to go. Wife not happy

8:05 leave Costco. 

8:15 arrive home, put Costo shit away. Resume watching The Asswhipping at Arlington .

Me: did you have fun?

Wife: No

Me: that's because i went buying, not shopping 

Wife: tone 

Summary:

Total time: 30 minutes 

Total Expenditure: on budget

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Women do not operate in the same time continuum that we do. If you were wrong 8 years ago, she sees this in the current time. Wives are atemporal. 

It was about some dream she had, right?  She was just carrying that imaginary event into the real world to blame you about.  That's where I am putting my $'s.

• Hook 'Em 1

The coffee maker is loud because it grinds beans. I close the door not because the sound will wake the children but because my wife thinks the sound will wake the children, so I accommodate her low-stakes delusion. 

It turns out that I was wrong about what areas have what youth soccer leagues. And, if you're wondering, what I told her yesterday at some point was "Middle Child's coach says XYZ." So my wrongness was relaying what the coach told me (with the preface that it's what I was told).