Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

5 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

(ps - this morning's random number generator complaint was that the dog, who sleeps in the laundry room at night, prevented her from washing her bras as planned.)

Was the dog using the washing machine?   I mean, if he is going to run a load of laundry he should tell you all so you can add stuff too.  That is just common decency.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Well, the wife can just go braless.

dog can post pics

Speaking of this subject, a lady (25-35 est.) was at the Home Depot yesterday in Katy, in a tube top and braless (sorry, no pics).  Blonde.  Attractive.  Asking for lots of help in the screw aisle.  Must have been cool in that aisle, but I didn't notice the temperature.  

NBAA is making a comeback. I was on a date the other night and there was a large party of women in their 20s at the restaraunt. When my date took a bathroom break I scoped the talent and not one of them had a bra on. Side bewb was well repped.

My date was probably a surly 8 but I wasnt thinking of her when I was balling her later that night.

3 hours ago, txhorns said:

The parade of homes is only for 1 night.  But now apparently we have to get a hotel room for that night because the event ends at 9  but my little kids have to be in bed by 8.  Fuck that shit.  I'm taking them to dinner and a movie and leaving the wife/mom at home.

Wait til they tell you you pretty much have to move out of your house (clothes, toys, etc) so it looks like a staged house instead of your house.  

4 hours ago, ABSR said:

Was the dog using the washing machine?   I mean, if he is going to run a load of laundry he should tell you all so you can add stuff too.  That is just common decency.

The dog was sleeping - as she has every night in the laundry room for the past 11 years - but apparently that was my fault, ergo the bras still being dirty this morning were my fault, too. 

14 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

The dog was sleeping - as she has every night in the laundry room for the past 11 years - but apparently that was my fault, ergo the bras still being dirty this morning were my fault, too. 

Who else's main reason for coming to this thread is to see how much worse Crimsonlonghorn has it than you do?

Well, if you need to live vicariously, that's cool. 

This morning we are getting new carpet upstairs so she is - thankfully and generously - taking it upon herself to clean out all of the closets and under all the furniture. Not a job I would want to do and I appreciate her hard work at it. She asked me to take out the trash that is accumulating and I'm happy to do it. 

All that being said, I am reminded that her idea of gathering trash is the "magic trash can" theory of small wastebaskets (MTCTSW), that so long as she creates a pile on top of or next to the trash can, her work is done and it will all just magically transport itself to the curb now that it's close to the wastebasket.

No, she can't be bothered to just get a bag first and put it all into a bag from the beginning... Or empty the wastebasket when its full to the top. So whoever is "taking out the trash" - whether it's me or the weekly cleaning lady - has to gather it all up again a second time and actually put it into the bag to go outside.

Don't you understand, the hard part was carrying it across the room and dropping it on top of the already full wastebasket? I don't see you helping pick up trash. 

Corollary #1 of the MTCTSW is that once all the loose trash piled around and on top of it is removed, the actual wastebasket itself is jammed full and compacted with old dry-cleaning bags and tissues and daily contact lens containers and Q-Tips. So it's not just going to poor easily into a trash bag. No, you have to stick your hand up in there and empty it all out. 

There is another theorem that I'm working one based on the MTCTSW, and that one has to do with dumping dozens of magazines all at once into the kitchen trash can, so many at once that the weight of the trash can is 2-3 times its usual weight and when you pull on the liner to take it outside - because you don't know it's crammed full of magazines - the liner tears on the sharp corners and you have an even bigger mess than if she had just taken them outside to begin with or even just stacked them on the floor next to the can. 

Why are you mad at her? She actually was doing all the work of gathering up the trash and all she asked you to do is take it outside. She's sorry that's too big a job for you. Next time she just won't bother shopping for new carpet and we can all live in filth until the house burns down. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Why are you mad at her? She actually was doing all the work of gathering up the trash and all she asked you to do is take it outside. She's sorry that's too big a job for you. Next time she just won't bother shopping for new carpet and we can all live in filth until the house burns down. 

The entire post was pretty solid, but the hard left at the end of this paragraph was particularly great. 

Well, if you need to live vicariously, that's cool. 
This morning we are getting new carpet upstairs so she is - thankfully and generously - taking it upon herself to clean out all of the closets and under all the furniture. Not a job I would want to do and I appreciate her hard work at it. She asked me to take out the trash that is accumulating and I'm happy to do it. 
All that being said, I am reminded that her idea of gathering trash is the "magic trash can" theory of small wastebaskets (MTCTSW), that so long as she creates a pile on top of or next to the trash can, her work is done and it will all just magically transport itself to the curb now that it's close to the wastebasket.
No, she can't be bothered to just get a bag first and put it all into a bag from the beginning... Or empty the wastebasket when its full to the top. So whoever is "taking out the trash" - whether it's me or the weekly cleaning lady - has to gather it all up again a second time and actually put it into the bag to go outside.
Don't you understand, the hard part was carrying it across the room and dropping it on top of the already full wastebasket? I don't see you helping pick up trash. 
Corollary #1 of the MTCTSW is that once all the loose trash piled around and on top of it is removed, the actual wastebasket itself is jammed full and compacted with old dry-cleaning bags and tissues and daily contact lens containers and Q-Tips. So it's not just going to poor easily into a trash bag. No, you have to stick your hand up in there and empty it all out. 
There is another theorem that I'm working one based on the MTCTSW, and that one has to do with dumping dozens of magazines all at once into the kitchen trash can, so many at once that the weight of the trash can is 2-3 times its usual weight and when you pull on the liner to take it outside - because you don't know it's crammed full of magazines - the liner tears on the sharp corners and you have an even bigger mess than if she had just taken them outside to begin with or even just stacked them on the floor next to the can. 

She must be hot and the bestest at all the right things (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). Otherwise I will have to admit, Id be up on murder charges...

Another.

So we built our house 5 years ago. We are in NE texas so very inexpensive on a larger home. I'm not an engineer but I was really involved on a lot of things including the HVAC system, tankless heaters, audio, etc. I did two AC units with 3 zones each. So, 6 separate thermostats. One is in what I call the mother in law room. It is a bedroom for guests, but typically my smother in law. It has it's own thermostat. It is off the kitchen and NEVER EVER USED unless they are here.

Tonight I walk in there, and the thermostat is at 74 and I lose my shit. That thermostat is ONLY for that room by design when I helped with the HVAC guys. It should be set at 90 when nobody is staying.

She says she lowered it because sometimes she goes to the bathroom in there because it is near the kitchen.

No words.

What is it with women and their extra bathroom habits? My wife will go out of her way to use the guest bathroom. Trying to hide the fact that her shit stinks.
  • Like 1

With a 95% confidence interval, it was either their Mother, Sister, or very best friend, and they talk to the same one every day.  And every day it's about the same shit.  

Wife will sometimes call on the way home and tell me about her whole day. Shit that she could tell me when she gets home in 20 minutes.

Of course, she then gets home and tells me the same shit.
  • Like 3

On 9/15/2019 at 9:06 AM, crimsonlonghorn said:

I wish I could see the random number generator that she uses to decide what arbitrary and long-ago discussed thing to blindside me with on a Sunday morning.

"Fixing the drainage in my vegetable garden" hasn't been discussed in at least two months but this morning she decided that today was the day that she needed to be mad at me about it. 

Your pain. I feel it.

11 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

What is it with women and their extra bathroom habits? My wife will go out of her way to use the guest bathroom. Trying to hide the fact that her shit stinks.

I don't know, I use the basement shitter all the time.  Also a fan of the the hotel lobby shitter, and especially the pool room shitter (usually always clean as a whistle) when traveling.  I know my shit stinks, in fact I revel in my farts, but there's no need to subject her to the same.  Also increases the likelihood of hotel sex.

Smoking some pastrami today.

A: Hey, will you pick up some swiss and deli mustard at the store.  And if you want me to throw on some ribs while the pit is fired up, grab some.

Mrs. A: What is Deli Mustard?

A: What the fuck?

Mrs. A: I didn't know that they had mustard in the deli.

*A leaves kitchen shaking head*

Mrs. A: What?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

I don't know, I use the basement shitter all the time.  Also a fan of the the hotel lobby shitter, and especially the pool room shitter (usually always clean as a whistle) when traveling.  I know my shit stinks, in fact I revel in my farts, but there's no need to subject her to the same.  Also increases the likelihood of hotel sex.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2019 at 10:06 AM, crimsonlonghorn said:

I wish I could see the random number generator that she uses to decide what arbitrary and long-ago discussed thing to blindside me with on a Sunday morning.

"Fixing the drainage in my vegetable garden" hasn't been discussed in at least two months but this morning she decided that today was the day that she needed to be mad at me about it. 

She let you know it was bugging her two months ago and you didn't fix yet?  That one is on you.

13 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Wife will sometimes call on the way home and tell me about her whole day. Shit that she could tell me when she gets home in 20 minutes.

Of course, she then gets home and tells me the same shit.

Why do you answer the phone? I never have conversations on the phone with my wife. I say "what's up?" and, if she starts to just talk, I cut her off and say "sorry but I've got to get this done, let's talk later." But usually I just don't answer. 

7 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

She let you know it was bugging her two months ago and you didn't fix yet?  That one is on you.

Not something I can fix personally. It's a long term process that requires contractors and several steps that we have been working on for those two months. Her vegetable "garden" is an entire acre in size and is part of an even bigger property with poor drainage. She and I have discussed how big a job it is and all of the steps required - her deciding it was an issue NOW isn't consistent with those discussions.