Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

I wish just one reporter would have asked:

"Hey Jimbo....so you say that the NIL stuff wasn't involved......And I mean, this is a MONSTER class you just recruited......tell us....What was it that really sold these kids on the idea that Texas A&M and College Station, Tx was the place to be? "

If you ask for white noise, you'll get it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If our rich boosters don't want to cheat, can they be convinced to finance the investigation necessary to document the cheating of others?  If we're not going to join them, it would be helpful if we could stop them.  Private investigators don't have to operate with the same rules as law enforcement. 

Edited by RabidM
  • Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, RabidM said:

If our rich boosters don't want to cheat, can they be convinced to finance the investigation necessary to document the cheating of others?  If we're not going to join them, it would be helpful if we could stop them.  Private investigators don't have to operate with the same rules as law enforcement. 

Fuck cheating, they're not even doing NIL at a particularly game-changing level. Horns with Heart/Clark Field/Burnt Ends is amazing, but none of the big-deal donors have said "fuck it, let's put our dicks on the table and make the rest of the world match us" for the team as a whole.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, RabidM said:

All we need is a small group of hackers to get into emails, phones, and trace some crypto exchanges and some people to document the purchases of these players uncles over the next few months to blow this whole thing open.  What would that cost?  100k?   Russia…if your listening…..

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, pacman said:

IRS doesn't have the staff to keep itself from getting pantsed on a regular basis. Odd some think they will have anything to do with catching ncaa athletes.

IRS whistleblowers receive 15-30% of collected.... that is plenty enough for a low paid staffer, jilted uncle, trainer, etc to come forward.

15 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

IRS whistleblowers receive 15-30% of collected.... that is plenty enough for a low paid staffer, jilted uncle, trainer, etc to come forward.

4 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I had no idea... I bet a whole bunch of people don't know that. 

https://www.irs.gov/about-irs/whistleblower-office-at-a-glance

Needs to be more than 2MM or 200k for an individual. 

Man, if only we all knew some forensic accountants...

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 19.32.06.png

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jabberwocky said:

What is hilarious is that they had to pay sooo much to get these guys to come to CStat.

Jimbo: Hey Evan Stewart, how bout $100K to be an aggy?!

ES: Nah

Jimbo:.. ok.. $200K

Jimbo:……$300k

Jimbo: Fuck it, $400K!

ES: I guess, but Im not coming to practice.

Jimbo: Deal!

Liucci: Another huuuge win for Jimbo!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Hey Jimbo, you keep touting these NIL deals but how did you give a player who has not graduated HS an NIL deal?  Isn't that illegal?  Also, where are the commercials/promotions/charity work that we would expect to see from said "NIL" deals?

- Any journalist with half a sack

Completely incurious press. They don’t want to look into it because they are all making their livelihoods off the success of college football. So they just go with the “this NIL stuff is really a game changer” line and move on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

To me, the wildest part of the whole story is that it really feels like literally everybody - aggy fans, secrant posters, CFB fans on Twitter, even the fucking media - except for the people on this board somehow think that NIL and bags are the same thing. Like, what the fuck? That is not a difficult concept, at all.

Do you think they don’t know, or don’t care? Jimbo gets the Mack treatment from the media his entire career. They aren’t going to start shitting on him now. 

There's just so, so fucking much to digest here, I'll just hit the high points:
1. If you ever ask a kid if they were cheating/stealing/etc, and instead of just looking you in the eye and saying absolutely not, they rattle off a five minute diatribe of unnecessary information for no apparent reason, they were almost certainly doing it.
2. If, in the process of rattling off a five minute diatribe of unnecessary information the kid mentions that they know other kids who definitely were cheating/stealing/etc who they can tell you about, that kid was 100% doing it.
3.  If you ever play poker with Jimbo Fisher and he starts nervously taking his glasses on and off, you'll know you're about to make some money.

Point #3 was what I noticed. His nervous tick is putting his glasses on and taking them off repeatedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, RGBIII said:

The laws. NIL cannot be legally offered to any person till they are enrolled in a school. however nothing is stopping a billionaire from paying current players 5 mill each. I also welcome those billionaires to my PMs

Bolded, never stopped aggy or others before.

All we need is a small group of hackers to get into emails, phones, and trace some crypto exchanges and some people to document the purchases of these players uncles over the next few months to blow this whole thing open.  What would that cost?  100k?   Russia…if your listening…..
Theyre kinda busy right now..

But still listening.

Also *you're. Can't let that slide brah, sorry.

6 hours ago, tokamak said:

To me, the wildest part of the whole story is that it really feels like literally everybody - aggy fans, secrant posters, CFB fans on Twitter, even the fucking media - except for the people on this board somehow think that NIL and bags are the same thing. Like, what the fuck? That is not a difficult concept, at all.

Well most of those groups are full of dumbasses so...

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

I mean... accurate?

That is quintessentially aggy. They can't be happy with what they have accomplished, they need to exaggerate it up just a little bit more. 

And if they come back and explain that "AKSHUALLY" there is more than one TE in Sweden (I personally have no idea), that's would be even more of the same. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There is a problem with dropping bags. 
David Stanley was probably the equivalent of a four star recruit in the ‘80s. SMU bought him. He wasn’t panning out, which was fine…it happens. SMU understood and were ready to continue their commitment. Problem is that Stanley wanted more, and SMU wouldn’t pay. Stanley got upset and went to Dale Hansen. 

George Smith was probably a four star recruit for the Ags, from Georgia. He was a FB, played some, but not a difference maker. He left school and a couple of years later decide he needed more money. He threatened to squeal if he didn’t get some. The Ags asst coach fedexed him $20k in cash (viewed by a DMN reporter) and that brought Sherrill down. 

NIL is different. It’s year to year, with taxes paid and everything out in the open. Players who lose their spots will be wished well, and replaced. Pay is for performance, not promise. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol. Tell me what position group outside of Oline that you wouldn’t trade straight up. 

Including transfers so far? 

QB, CB, & potentially WR if Stewart ends up being a cancer. 

a&m signed a hell of a DL class & then went out and hired a DC that typically runs 3 man fronts. I'm sure a few of those guys will end up at LB but they're going to have to answer a lot of questions about playing time or they're going to force their new DC to run a defensive scheme he didn't run at either of his last two stops & still answer questions about playing time because their DL haul from last year was pretty good as well. Sounds promising.

Congrats on the #1 class though. Maybe a 9 win season is within reach now.

• Fuck You 1

55 minutes ago, statsman said:

NIL is different. It’s year to year, with taxes paid and everything out in the open. Players who lose their spots will be wished well, and replaced. Pay is for performance, not promise. 

That's assuming NIL legal rules are being followed... disgruntled players will still have leverage in many cases. aggy signing best class in history in not relying on pinky promises and "trust me"