Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

I generally agree that NCAA will do nothing.  But I wonder if the SEC has any enforcement mechanism in place... like cut it out or you are getting kicked out.  Now before you laugh your ass off contemplating the idea of the SEC policing cheating, I find it hard to believe all the other SEC teams are gonna just sit back and take it.   Even if it is handled quietly, there will either have to be some action or it is gonna be balls out cheating from here on out.

What did they do about Bama and Georgia doing the same thing, albeit with less money and a little less conspicuously?  I think the only thing the SEC will care about is how much higher they set the market rate.  They might be reprimanded there, but aggy can always just hide the money from the SEC like they can from everyone else. 

3 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

This tweet is stunning...

I guess @Bruh Man and @George Clooneywere right all along.

For the last 2+ years we've taken heat in here from the likes of @Hank_Hill @Rickylovesweed @texifornia @Ricky Butler etc. for having the audacity to acknowledge the monstrosity of a football program A&M is building. Now look you guys in here begging the NCAA and corrupt media to save us. Sad!

You could take aggy's roster from last year and it would look exactly like this compared to Arky, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State.  How'd those games go?  And those coaches were in year two while Jimbo is in year four.

49 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

You could take aggy's roster from last year and it would look exactly like this compared to Arky, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State.  How'd those games go?  And those coaches were in year two while Jimbo is in year four.

They could still lose games but lol at this years roster resembling last.  In one year they’ve doubled the amount of 5* they’ve had in the entire Jimbo tenure. 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

They could still lose games but lol at this years roster resembling last.  In one year they’ve doubled the amount of 5* they’ve had in the entire Jimbo tenure. 

Jimbo had a comparable to much better ratio of 5 stars compared to the rest of the ACC and still managed to fuck things up. Stop being an obtuse vagina (in before South Austins Moms obtuse vagina joke)

What cracks me up is these kids talk about the relationships they make with coaches.  Every kid that didn’t pick Texas said it was that other schools had better relationships that had been established longer.  So now all these kids commit to A&M without knowing the DC and the scheme?  Sure.  I totally buy that it was strictly because A&M is the best school for football and education like Jimbo claimed.  It was their relationship with cold hard cash

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So what'll be the excuse this year when they lose to those teams again?

Oh shit who knows. Probably Jimbo feeling heat. You can’t get paid that much, have a class like that, and still lose. Won’t be able to blame it on QB, either.  I hope someone tampers Weigman right out from under them, right as it starts to gel. 

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think if aggy is investigated, they'll be able to retcon the bags as NIL payments. This is a university that defrauded state and federal agencies after Hurricane Harvey. 

I think we underestimate aggy in many ways. We shouldn't underestimate their ability to cheat and cheat effectively. 

We should hope a Sean Stopperich type steps forward and blows the whistle after aggy payroll fixes the glitch. I don't doubt aggy's desire to buy recruits, but when they pass the hat for a scholarship player that is always hurt, I'm not sure they'd get (m)any takers. 

SMU was busted because they stopped paying some players when they arrived on campus. Aggy seems to have the recruit bag game down cold. We'll see how they do with players that don't pan out. 

The problem with that is the IRS gets involved.

They’re throwing down a shit ton of money on a handful of bell cow 5 stars and in state contested recruits to generate momentum on the heels of a “historic” recruiting class. It’s probably going to work, again. Kudos to A&M for figuring out kids don’t care whether it’s “NIL” or bags of cash and that no one can or will do anything about it. 

Texas will just have to develop and sell a different story until aggy fucks it up somehow. Uphill climb for sure.

Wonder how long it is before A&M hits 100k in new enrollment, adds a $2k football fee which is funneled to Texags and finally paid to the recruits when the donors tap out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Why exactly are they recruiting so many defensive linemen? I get accumulating all the talent that you can, but at some point it's diminishing returns. You can only play so many at a time. 

I don't think Jimbo cares about that. I think he only cares about stars. Didn't he recruit like 10 OL in one class at FSU?

14 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Why exactly are they recruiting so many defensive linemen? I get accumulating all the talent that you can, but at some point it's diminishing returns. You can only play so many at a time. 

Its that Cover Zero defense they plan to deploy.....

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Agreed, but they are going to have 4 NFL level lineman lining up at the same time and that will cause issues for any team in college football.  Their depth at DL may also be NFL quality players so even with injuries or a when a player is tired they will be rotate in NFL talent.  It reminds me of the Clemson line a few years back.  

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Agreed, but they are going to have 4 NFL level lineman lining up at the same time and that will cause issues for any team in college football.  Their depth at DL may also be NFL quality players so even with injuries or a when a player is tired they will be rotate in NFL talent.  It reminds me of the Clemson line a few years back.  

If there's one thing 5-stars in the Portal era love to do, it's wait their turn and be the most talented backups in football for 2-4 years.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Loading up on D-linemen then hiring a DC who has primary run 3-man fronts is certainly a bold strategy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

They are trying to imitate the Clemson model. They are missing the two most important pieces that Clemson used to win.

1. Having the best D Coordinator in the country stay for a decade

2. Having Top 12 NFL picks at QB come in to save a bad offensive game plan

3 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Loading up on D-linemen then hiring a DC who has primary run 3-man fronts is certainly a bold strategy

To be fair, I had the same thought about our own haul of DL this year, three of whom probably end up at nose and only Bryant looks to be the kind of big body that’s more natural there.  

28 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

To be fair, I had the same thought about our own haul of DL this year, three of whom probably end up at nose and only Bryant looks to be the kind of big body that’s more natural there.  

Huh? Guys like Bledsoe and Ross have a ton of athleticism and could easily play 3-tech or DE in a 3 man front. We absolutely do not have 3 guys who can only play NT in this class. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I imagine with their recent outbursts with regards to Texas/ou joining, completely buying an entire class like Ole Miss did but took it to another level, and then Jimbo publicly threatening to expose Bama, Ole Miss, and UGA…. That can’t be sitting well with the SEC commish.  How soon before the conference mates demand an investigation or vote them out and how hilarious would it be to take the one thing they had… “sec sec sec”.  

4 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

They are also removing those players from Alabama and Georgia’s roster.  Same thing they always accused DKR of. 

34 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I imagine with their recent outbursts with regards to Texas/ou joining, completely buying an entire class like Ole Miss did but took it to another level, and then Jimbo publicly threatening to expose Bama, Ole Miss, and UGA…. That can’t be sitting well with the SEC commish.  How soon before the conference mates demand an investigation or vote them out and how hilarious would it be to take the one thing they had… “sec sec sec”.  

They'll just get some Big12-type officiating every week.

44 minutes ago, pacman said:

https://12thman.com/news/2021/6/3/general-texas-am-announces-nil-program-amplify.aspx

Looks only like a bunch of software offerings but I missed this announcement last Summer. Guess this is the program they claim will be creating NIL deals for the #1 class?

That program has as much to do with the bags they were dropping as the aggy jizz jar has to do with a fertility clinic.

I think the lesson from the announcement you found is that if they had an actual NIL program with real money, they would have announced it. Because what they did announce is something very basic that even UT did at the very early stages of NIL - helping the athletes market themselves.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2