Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

8 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Overton to aggy.  It'll be interesting to follow and see how this "greatest of all time class" ends up.  Plenty of red flags in this class.  Still won't make any playoffs.

Did remember seeing on SEC Rant a Georgia poster saying Overton had a knee issue this past season and basically said for him to reclassify was dumb because he isn't going to be able to do much this upcoming season.

Overton is a blOU legacy.  Could get interesting after 1yr at aggy 🤔

• Rage+1 1

17 hours ago, Deej said:

CSPD building more holding cells for this incoming class, I hope. 

The recruiting rankings factor known in severe behavior-academic issues into their assessment. If these guys do get into trouble off the field and it's the continuation of a prior pattern, it'll be because the services didn't have access to that information.

Giving 18 year olds a lot of money, status, and autonomy is one way to unmask tendencies toward maladaptive behaviors so we may see this effect.

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Overton is a blOU legacy.  Could get interesting after 1yr at aggy 🤔

Yeah, that was a hope of many Sooner fans. But his Dad worked at A&M, the kids spent time in College Station and GA growing up. The kid knows what he's in for.

Playing time is going to be the primary force pushing these DL out. So who do you think leaves first?

Lucas and Steward are both out of state and competing for the same spots. I think one of them is the first to escape.

Just now, ATexanAbroad said:

I dont get why he is tweeting that?

He has not-so-subtly been hinting at A&M buying their class for a while now, to the point that Jimbo called Kiffin a clown or something when trying to deny all that speculation.

3 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

I dont get why he is tweeting that?

Just now, Tex-19 said:

He has not-so-subtly been hinting at A&M buying their class for a while now, to the point that Jimbo called Kiffin a clown or something when trying to deny all that speculation.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

It's a monstrosity alright. One fugly ass monstrosity.

@Bruh Man predicted the aggys to make the playoffs last year and since then they've gone 9-5 with several losses to unranked teams. 

Based on his lack of response, I think he's finally come to the realization of how dumb his rants were about aggy building a "powerhouse." 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Do they win any of the next four?  I'd say Miami is the best shot, and I'm not sure it's a very good one.  Arky will maul them up front, the Pirate will do what he always does, and Bama' is going to destroy them in Tuscaloosa.

They’ll probably go 2-2, because it’s never as bad as we predict or hope 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Fud said:

They’ll probably go 2-2, because it’s never as bad as we predict or hope 

I normally agree but this aggy team looks like complete dogshit. 

SHSU is currently down 10-3 in the 4th quarter to Northern Arizona. This is a team aggy couldn't put away until late in the game. Honestly, I think we might have learned more in the opener because SHSU is fucking terrible. 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

SHSU is currently down 10-3 in the 4th quarter to Northern Arizona. This is a team aggy couldn't put away until late in the game. Honestly, I think we might have learned more in the opener because SHSU is fucking terrible. 

This is the shittiest SHSU team since Keeler became head coach.  Their offense is historically bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A&M should have lost to a terrible Colorado team last year and then they beat Bama 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

A&M should have lost to a terrible Colorado team last year and then they beat Bama 

Weird stuff  happens but I don't think this aggy team is anywhere as close to where they were last year. 

The defense is not nearly as good and they're one 1 linebacker injury away from being fucked. 

Just now, Atticus said:

Their D was borderline elite last year.

This is the biggest difference. 

Their D-line was legit last year and it's only average to slightly above average this season. 

7 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Their D was borderline elite last year.

They had a veteran front 7. According to the aggy radio guys, almost every play an aggy front 7 player was going to the injury tent.

If Miami rolls them next week, the locker room is going to explode. Fisher made horrible hires at OL and DC, and then juggled his entire offensive coaching staff heading into fall practice. Max Johnson isn't fixing this offense.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is the shittiest SHSU team since Keeler became head coach.  Their offense is historically bad.

Not to sidetrack the thread but this is one of the worst offenses I've ever witnessed. 

3 points against Northern Arizona. 3 points scored in the first 2 games. How does that happen? 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Not to sidetrack the thread but this is one of the worst offenses I've ever witnessed. 

3 points against Northern Arizona. 3 points scored in the first 2 games. How does that happen? 

SHSU lost a ton of talent (QB, RB, WR, and 4 of 5 starting OL).  Keeler has also lost quite a few coaches in the last few years.  I don't think he's done a great job replacing them.  The Georgia Tech QB is absolute trash and I think Keeler was putting all of his eggs in that basket.

This is just as trash a team as I can remember.  Its too bad - because there is talent on the defense (especially the DL).

• Hook 'Em 1