Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

True for me and for this reason, and many others, my wife thinks I'm a buffoon who is actively trying to pull the bookshelf onto myself with regularity. I don't think ATM has to pay the guy if leaves on his own either, though.

Yeah, I was confusing it with that Jimbo has no buy out. So, if he leaves, he owes aggy nothing, but if he's leaving, he's taken some of that sweet oil money with him.

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I talked to two people separately that are connected at ATM. 

I know this will sound unbelievable because it is so predictable, including us saying it a bunch here, but apparently they really did underestimate the impact on the non-freshmen that forking over $5million to a recruiting class has had on them.

They started scrambling in the spring, passing the hat in the summer, and spraying flame retardant on Sunday. The first move was to go back to the first spigot, and that wasn't met with grace. By the opening of fall camp, ATM started calling well-heeled alums who have not been involved with any of this shit. That hasn't gone well. 

Then they lose to App State. There was a bit of a screaming match between offensive coaches in the past few days. Addazio views Craig and Coley as jokes. He thinks Craig is a weakness to Fisher and why things burned down at FSU and has started saying as much. Coley is Craig's boy and neither of those guys like Adazzio at all. So you have that going on.

Marshall was apparently targeted once(?) on Saturday and his faction thinks he's getting screwed. The Johnsons aren't happy. The DLs are hurt and bitching. Older players haven't seen much money unless they saw it during recruiting like McKinnley Jackson and he's being touted as a reason why the bidding wars are fucking dumb. 

If they lose to Miami this weekend, we really might get to see some lunatic shit coming out of that program next week. Fisher apparently thinks everyone is overreacting to one loss and they'll all forget about it after they go on a winning streak. 

Mr Burns Drugs GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Fisher is right until he isn't.  Winning covers up a multitude of sins and keeps the really bad shit at bay while it's happening, but the second that goes away there is nothing there but total and complete decimation of the program, and it becomes a deal where you have to burn everything to the ground and start completely over again in a fresh way.  We saw that with Mack Brown when it all fell apart (well after the program rot had set in around 2006 or so)  and he's 10 times the coach/ceo type that Dildo Baggins will ever be. 

I pounded the table for the under on aggy at 8.5 this year.  I've wanted to put money against them both games.  This season looks like it's going to just crater and burn the whole place down.  Jimbo is a relic of an offensive coach and they have zero competent QB's and a pretty inept line.  This is the same recipe that brought you Shawn Watson and that late term abortion of an offense for Chuckles the Clown.  Layer on the fact that Jimbo is a liar, the new coaches he hired are literally sociopaths, nobody on the team wants to be there, but were mercenaries who showed up to the highest bidder, and I have absolutely positively zero doubt that this can go extremely badly for them and be a nose dive that they can't recover from.  After that reality sets in they will look up and see they have $90M left on the contract, Daddy and his drunken methed out brother OU are coming home and they are ready to sodomize  poor aggy after they were out from under our thumb for the last decade but popped off incessantly like the tiny dick motherfuckers they are.  Finally, layer in a little bit of national ridicule for shitting the bed as a top 10 team and the goofiness of cult practice going viral the other day, and the feels that will stir up in them, and I mean, it just can't possibly get any better.  

The chess board is set up.  We just need one more piece to fall (losing in embarrassing fashion to Miami at the dead dog Kroger) and it will be fucking on and light a fuse that will spark an explosion that we will enjoy watching for at least 3-5 years.  
Its going to be epic. 

Frustrated Leonardo Dicaprio GIF by Jordan Belfort

54 minutes ago, walker said:

I was under the impression that Foster quit b/c he did not get a bag.   I figured he asked about getting NIL help and his OL coach came up with this gem. 

https://twitter.com/Coach_Henson/status/1467945064341118980?s=20&t=qpUjH8RUWD4PPRzuTJhsog

"We give you the pennies we collect from the feet of the Sul Ross statue. Stop being an ingrate."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, walker said:

I was under the impression that Foster quit b/c he did not get a bag.   I figured he asked about getting NIL help and his OL coach came up with this gem. 

https://twitter.com/Coach_Henson/status/1467945064341118980?s=20&t=qpUjH8RUWD4PPRzuTJhsog

Heard it was mono or something along those lines. It'll take awhile for him to be back full force regardless. 

Fisher is right until he isn't.  Winning covers up a multitude of sins and keeps the really bad shit at bay while it's happening, but the second that goes away there is nothing there but total and complete decimation of the program, and it becomes a deal where you have to burn everything to the ground and start completely over again in a fresh way.  We saw that with Mack Brown when it all fell apart (well after the program rot had set in around 2006 or so)  and he's 10 times the coach/ceo type that Dildo Baggins will ever be. 
I pounded the table for the under on aggy at 8.5 this year.  I've wanted to put money against them both games.  This season looks like it's going to just crater and burn the whole place down.  Jimbo is a relic of an offensive coach and they have zero competent QB's and a pretty inept line.  This is the same recipe that brought you Shawn Watson and that late term abortion of an offense for Chuckles the Clown.  Layer on the fact that Jimbo is a liar, the new coaches he hired are literally sociopaths, nobody on the team wants to be there, but were mercenaries who showed up to the highest bidder, and I have absolutely positively zero doubt that this can go extremely badly for them and be a nose dive that they can't recover from.  After that reality sets in they will look up and see they have $90M left on the contract, Daddy and his drunken methed out brother OU are coming home and they are ready to sodomize  poor aggy after they were out from under our thumb for the last decade but popped off incessantly like the tiny dick motherfuckers they are.  Finally, layer in a little bit of national ridicule for shitting the bed as a top 10 team and the goofiness of cult practice going viral the other day, and the feels that will stir up in them, and I mean, it just can't possibly get any better.  
The chess board is set up.  We just need one more piece to fall (losing in embarrassing fashion to Miami at the dead dog Kroger) and it will be fucking on and light a fuse that will spark an explosion that we will enjoy watching for at least 3-5 years.  
Its going to be epic. 

In before Classics.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Yea, I've read that from people who follow recruiting closely and, frankly, know more than I do about most things related to the process. However, does it really fit Jimbo's personality, such as it is, to bend over backward to stay in the good graces of a HS coach or put games on the line to woo a single recruit?

Even though Jimbo can't be denied his huge salary, I would expect he wants to win enough to remain godlike to Aggies, and it's a pretty low bar.

I think his decisions are based on what he thinks will win games. He seems to be wrong a lot, but I don't think his motivation is otherwise. 

You could be right, but there is a lot of butt hurt at aTm and they would like nothing more than to beat us for Hale (see Anthony Hill).  

10 minutes ago, Deej said:

"A superb recruiter."

steve martin 80s GIF by FilmStruck

That was the required "Fluff A&M fans' vicarious egos" comment so they'll click the link.

We really don't want them to ever figure out that the reason they've never won shit is precisely because of their culture of declaring themselves awesome before they do anything. But Liucci's recent messages to his acolytes and this Zwerneman article indicate that the money guys for A&M are pissed. The good news, and my hope, is that Fisher is enough of an asshole that he won't give a shit because he considers himself an offensive guru. We need Ritz Bit to be a little Herman right now.

Because the best part about A&M's culture is that once they're rid of Fisher they will go back to doing the exact same things all over again. Liucci and those like him have fed that attitude forever and they're incapable of stopping. R.C. Slocum, Dennis Franchione, Mike Sherman, Kevin Sumlin, and now Jimbo Fisher have all been better recruiters, better coaches, and better people than whoever was at UT at the time non-stop for the last three decades. And yet they haven't won shit.

• Hook 'Em 7

4 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Wykoff at OC has graded out better this year than Foster did last year.  Also Foster ended last season looking terrible, and allegedly considered quitting the team this off-season.   But leave it to aggy to think that him coming back is in some way a boon to the OL.

When you put it that way…

Foster sounds like the OL’s version of Haynes King.

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Because the best part about A&M's culture is that once they're rid of Fisher they will go back to doing the exact same things all over again. Liucci and those like him have fed that attitude forever and they're incapable of stopping. R.C. Slocum, Dennis Franchione, Mike Sherman, Kevin Sumlin, and now Jimbo Fisher have all been better recruiters, better coaches, and better people than whoever was at UT at the time non-stop for the last three decades. And yet they haven't won shit.

Don't forget about the greatest DC and OL coach to ever grace the SEC in Chief Chavis and Jim "the marine" Turner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I don't know, he's been getting pretty brutally honest post-app state about all the problems plaguing 8&4 and Jimbo's part it in.   I think he's come to the realization he can't put anymore lipstick on it.  His audience is shifting from the koolaid clan to the pitchfork crowd quickly.

He does that. He’ll be firing Jimbo before long. Of course, he’s going to have to figure out how to pay the next guy $150MM and extend him after 18 months. 

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

If Miami does indeed win on Saturday, I want to see how many times Liucci tries to divert attention by throwing up something stupid about our UTSA game or something else related to Texas.

Liucci will always have something negative to say about the Horns….regardless whether aggy wins or not.

41 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

aggy will beat Miami….King will start, but won’t be the only aggy QB to see action.   aggy will attempt to have a higher decibel level than the Horn’s game against Bama, and pack in at least one more than the 205,213 at our game.  Liucci dances naked in their cement pond.  Whoop!

Everything about your post is spot on except aggy loses.  Lucci dances naked because he is trying to drown himself.  

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

aggy will beat Miami….King will start, but won’t be the only aggy QB to see action.   aggy will attempt to have a higher decibel level than the Horn’s game against Bama, and pack in at least one more than the 205,213 at our game.  Liucci dances naked in their cement pond.  Whoop!

Yeah, aggy winning on Saturday seems likely — a loss would just be too good to be true. 

Arkansas is going to tear them a new asshole though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It brings me back to these comments. 

Hide contents

“Defensive coordinators don’t bring in new schemes," Fisher said last month. "You ain’t changing everything. We’re going to run what we run.

"Recruits know the system is going to stay the same and four of your assistants are going to stay the same."

This never made any sense to me. So you bring in a defensive coordinator that's run a lot of 3 man fronts but then say "the system is going to stay the same" because we're keeping all the assistants from the previous defensive coordinator? 

This is dysfunctional. Either let Durkin run his defense with assistants that fit his scheme or bring in a defensive coordinator that runs primarily 4 man fronts that fit this defensive staff better. 

16 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I really don't understand the "defensive coordinators don't bring in new schemes."

Does Jimbo think all DC's run the same schemes? This guy is a blabbering moron the more I hear him speak. I believe Jimbo truly believed he could just bring any DC in, regardless of scheme, and run the same defense as Elko with his assistants. 

The only way Jimbo's statement would've made sense is if Jimbo was a defensive-minded HC & he was hiring a DC to run Jimbo's defense. Similar to how Tom Herman hired Yurcich to run & put his spin on Herman's offense or how Mike Gundy & Brian Kelly hires OCs to run Gundy's/Kelly's offenses.

Jimbo being an offensive-minded HC with his DC Elko having just left, expecting an outside coach (who has never coached under Elko) to come & run Elko's defense doesn't make any sense.

15 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Not so different than LSU fans who swore up and down that their octogenarian OC would be able to produce the same results as Joe Brady because he had 'the playbook' - except that Jimbo is being paid 100 million dollars to know better.

I find out earlier this year that there isn't a clear answer among LSU's fanebase & media on who was the actual playcaller on that 2019 LSU team.

Edited by TheMailBox357

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

Christobal may be an in game idiot, but aggy was #6 for most of the preseason.  His team has prepared for this game all off season and he sat some dudes last week to make sure they are ready for aggy,  Farmers are going down hard.  

I've chosen to believe the worst case scenario fiction I've been reading all off-season and so far it's all come true. I see no reason to stop believing now.

This high is gonna last weeks. Picturing Arkansas just absolutely blowing their fucking doors off in two weeks is borderline erotic.

• Hook 'Em 2