Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Fisher is right until he isn't.  Winning covers up a multitude of sins and keeps the really bad shit at bay while it's happening, but the second that goes away there is nothing there but total and complete decimation of the program, and it becomes a deal where you have to burn everything to the ground and start completely over again in a fresh way.  We saw that with Mack Brown when it all fell apart (well after the program rot had set in around 2006 or so)  and he's 10 times the coach/ceo type that Dildo Baggins will ever be. 

I pounded the table for the under on aggy at 8.5 this year.  I've wanted to put money against them both games.  This season looks like it's going to just crater and burn the whole place down.  Jimbo is a relic of an offensive coach and they have zero competent QB's and a pretty inept line.  This is the same recipe that brought you Shawn Watson and that late term abortion of an offense for Chuckles the Clown.  Layer on the fact that Jimbo is a liar, the new coaches he hired are literally sociopaths, nobody on the team wants to be there, but were mercenaries who showed up to the highest bidder, and I have absolutely positively zero doubt that this can go extremely badly for them and be a nose dive that they can't recover from.  After that reality sets in they will look up and see they have $90M left on the contract, Daddy and his drunken methed out brother OU are coming home and they are ready to sodomize  poor aggy after they were out from under our thumb for the last decade but popped off incessantly like the tiny dick motherfuckers they are.  Finally, layer in a little bit of national ridicule for shitting the bed as a top 10 team and the goofiness of cult practice going viral the other day, and the feels that will stir up in them, and I mean, it just can't possibly get any better.  

The chess board is set up.  We just need one more piece to fall (losing in embarrassing fashion to Miami at the dead dog Kroger) and it will be fucking on and light a fuse that will spark an explosion that we will enjoy watching for at least 3-5 years.  
Its going to be epic. 

Bra-Fucking-Vo!

I watched the 20 min highlights of S Miss vs Miami. Some things to my untrained eye:

- Miami run game is bit of a meh. This meant the QB had to take risks and he did (he does have a solid arm). Sometimes throwing in double/triple coverage.  Aggy DL should be able to make this offense one dimensional. Can the Aggy defense get interceptions/trurnovers and help out the offense? Miami's offensive performance will hinge of Aggy secondary.

-Miami secondary is suspect. They can be throwed upon. A half competent QB can score on these guys. Does Aggy have that? King is probably not that guy. Miami DL is stout and will probably limit the run.

So all in all, I expect two mediocre teams slugging it out and it may just come down to who makes the least number of mistakes or wants it more. Post-App state, that could be aggy. I would not be surprised at all if they pulled it out something like 20-23 or such. Slight advantage to aggy, especially if Johnson starts.

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Miami losing would be more of an indictment of Cristobal than any genius of Fisher.  As CTJ as alluded to,  Mario has had some idiotic in game decisions. 

I really wasn’t that impressed with Miami, Southern Miss was all over Van Dyke and he stared down his WR’s. That interception he threw was awful. Maybe they were looking ahead, though. 

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Fisher is right until he isn't.  Winning covers up a multitude of sins and keeps the really bad shit at bay while it's happening, but the second that goes away there is nothing there but total and complete decimation of the program, and it becomes a deal where you have to burn everything to the ground and start completely over again in a fresh way.  We saw that with Mack Brown when it all fell apart (well after the program rot had set in around 2006 or so)  and he's 10 times the coach/ceo type that Dildo Baggins will ever be. 

I pounded the table for the under on aggy at 8.5 this year.  I've wanted to put money against them both games.  This season looks like it's going to just crater and burn the whole place down.  Jimbo is a relic of an offensive coach and they have zero competent QB's and a pretty inept line.  This is the same recipe that brought you Shawn Watson and that late term abortion of an offense for Chuckles the Clown.  Layer on the fact that Jimbo is a liar, the new coaches he hired are literally sociopaths, nobody on the team wants to be there, but were mercenaries who showed up to the highest bidder, and I have absolutely positively zero doubt that this can go extremely badly for them and be a nose dive that they can't recover from.  After that reality sets in they will look up and see they have $90M left on the contract, Daddy and his drunken methed out brother OU are coming home and they are ready to sodomize  poor aggy after they were out from under our thumb for the last decade but popped off incessantly like the tiny dick motherfuckers they are.  Finally, layer in a little bit of national ridicule for shitting the bed as a top 10 team and the goofiness of cult practice going viral the other day, and the feels that will stir up in them, and I mean, it just can't possibly get any better.  

The chess board is set up.  We just need one more piece to fall (losing in embarrassing fashion to Miami at the dead dog Kroger) and it will be fucking on and light a fuse that will spark an explosion that we will enjoy watching for at least 3-5 years.  
Its going to be epic. 

I just wanted to quote to bump this - the last two posts were like a cold, and completely unwelcome shower.  I just want to bathe in the gloriousness of this rant.  I want to believe....

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

- Miami run game is bit of a meh. This meant the QB had to take risks and he did (he does have a solid arm). Sometimes throwing in double/triple coverage.  Aggy DL should be able to make this offense one dimensional. Can the Aggy defense get interceptions/trurnovers and help out the offense? Miami's offensive performance will hinge of Aggy secondary.

Their potential first round LT only played limited snaps returning from injury. Also, their starting RB only played limited snaps after returning from injury. 

This is why Miami is so difficult to judge. They've been missing a lot of players that should be back for aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Their potential first round LT only played limited snaps returning from injury. Also, their starting RB only played limited snaps after returning from injury. 

This is why Miami is so difficult to judge. They've been missing a lot of players that should be back for aggy. 

If Miami does indeed win on Saturday, I want to see how many times Liucci tries to divert attention by throwing up something stupid about our UTSA game or something else related to Texas. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

I watched the 20 min highlights of S Miss vs Miami. Some things to my untrained eye:

-Miami secondary is suspect. They can be throwed upon. A half competent QB can score on these guys. Does Aggy have that? King is probably not that guy. Miami DL is stout and will probably limit the run.

So all in all, I expect two mediocre teams slugging it out and it may just come down to who makes the least number of mistakes or wants it more. Post-App state, that could be aggy. I would not be surprised at all if they pulled it out something like 20-23 or such. Slight advantage to aggy, especially if Johnson starts.

Miami is clocking in as the #56 FEI team, #50 OFEI and #51 DFEI. A&M is #13 in FEI, #59 offense and #7 defense.

Miami is the #24 SP+ team, #14 offense and #39 defense. A&M is the #9 overall team, #47 offense and #2 defense.

Prediction Tracker has it as a 60/40 split on who wins and a 53/47 split on if A&M covers the 5.5 - prediction average is 4.26 points.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Although completely irrational on my part, this is why I can’t believe they will lose. I’ve just been so conditioned over the last dozen years to not expect joy from college football. 

The thing about a&m is they always end up where you expect them to, they just rarely take the path you expect. They could be 4-2 heading into the bye after playing Bama close w/ people back on the bandwagon talking about a NY6 game because Johnson is the QB the system needs right before melting down against Ole Miss & Auburn/LSU to end up right where we thought they'd be.. 8-4 or 7-5 & them talking about how next year is laid out perfectly. It's like a choose your own adventure book except every choice leads to the same outcome.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

aggy defense has a shutout and a 17 point performance against a team whose only other offensive data point so far is a 60 point performance. 

we already saw the value of the shutout, as Sam could only score 3!on northern Arizona.  I doubt app state will be scoring 60 very often as the year goes on, and they were without their top rb vs aggy. 

they might have a very good, top 10 defense. But the two games they’ve played so far don’t prove or disprove that hypothesis and stats are for losers. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

Miami is clocking in as the #56 FEI team, #50 OFEI and #51 DFEI. A&M is #13 in FEI, #59 offense and #7 defense.

Miami is the #24 SP+ team, #14 offense and #39 defense. A&M is the #9 overall team, #47 offense and #2 defense.

Prediction Tracker has it as a 60/40 split on who wins and a 53/47 split on if A&M covers the 5.5 - prediction average is 4.26 points.

Those defensive rankings for aggy are insane.  They played SHSU and held them scoreless, awesome!  SHSU played Northern Arizona last week and scored all of 3 points.  It is the single worst Sam Houston offense in 2 decades.

Then aggy played App St and held them to 17 points, awesome!  Except that App St. held the ball for 40 minutes and basically did exactly what they wanted to do - the aggy defense couldn't make stops and couldn't get off the field.

Who the fuck is impressed by their defense?

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I talked to two people separately that are connected at ATM. 

I know this will sound unbelievable because it is so predictable, including us saying it a bunch here, but apparently they really did underestimate the impact on the non-freshmen that forking over $5million to a recruiting class has had on them.

They started scrambling in the spring, passing the hat in the summer, and spraying flame retardant on Sunday. The first move was to go back to the first spigot, and that wasn't met with grace. By the opening of fall camp, ATM started calling well-heeled alums who have not been involved with any of this shit. That hasn't gone well. 

Then they lose to App State. There was a bit of a screaming match between offensive coaches in the past few days. Addazio views Craig and Coley as jokes. He thinks Craig is a weakness to Fisher and why things burned down at FSU and has started saying as much. Coley is Craig's boy and neither of those guys like Adazzio at all. So you have that going on.

Marshall was apparently targeted once(?) on Saturday and his faction thinks he's getting screwed. The Johnsons aren't happy. The DLs are hurt and bitching. Older players haven't seen much money unless they saw it during recruiting like McKinnley Jackson and he's being touted as a reason why the bidding wars are fucking dumb. 

If they lose to Miami this weekend, we really might get to see some lunatic shit coming out of that program next week. Fisher apparently thinks everyone is overreacting to one loss and they'll all forget about it after they go on a winning streak. 

8PU5.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If Miami does indeed win on Saturday, I want to see how many times Liucci tries to divert attention by throwing up something stupid about our UTSA game or something else related to Texas. 

I don't know, he's been getting pretty brutally honest post-app state about all the problems plaguing 8&4 and Jimbo's part it in.   I think he's come to the realization he can't put anymore lipstick on it.  His audience is shifting from the koolaid clan to the pitchfork crowd quickly.

So if dildo baggins loses to Miami and the implosion begins and the. continues the course on the long away stretch, how long into the season do you wait to start planning the contingency plan for getting out from under the Jimbo contract for cause?

We all know that aggy hangs thier hat on their supposed best class of all time moniker, but if the money men are already turning off the facet  now because Jimbo is well the fraud we all thought he was how do you get out of his deal without either threatening to turn the school in so he willingly leaves to WVU or actively falling on the sword to get him out for cause?

The real holdup in this is if they are looking to do this for cause through the NCAA that means it comes with the added cost of one of the money men big boosters have to named as the source of the illicit payments and therefore being disavowed by the school and AD. What big donor is going to get excommunicated after helping to fund their #1 class? 

I guess the real way to do it without involving $$ or boosters or thier sacred cow recruiting ranking is to go after the 2020 COVID class and how Jimbo was meeting prospective athletes at his ranch and actively doing this to avoid the recruiting shutdown during COVID and break health and safety protocols to do so.

If this thing goes tits up, no one wants to be holding this 90M feed bag for Jimbo. How to get rid of him and who is involved will be a story in and of itself.

• Hook 'Em 2

I personally eagerly await the eventual Aggy schenanigans to try to side step Jimbos guarantee .

this will end up being must see TV as they try to find a replacement to take over whatever smoldering crater he leaves behind, at a premium for the inherent risk and dealing with a massively delusional fanbase + booster combo 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I don't know, he's been getting pretty brutally honest post-app state about all the problems plaguing 8&4 and Jimbo's part it in.   I think he's come to the realization he can't put anymore lipstick on it.  His audience is shifting from the koolaid clan to the pitchfork crowd quickly.

I think the big thing here to remember is that Liucci is as much a canary in the coalmine regarding the state of ATM football as it pertains to the boosters as he is for the coaches, admins, or subscribers.

What you're seeing if you see him stopping his spin for the team is his reaction to what he's being told about the outlook for Fisher. Somebody, somewhere wants Fisher feeling heat if Liucci is being critical of him. Liucci doesn't possess the ability to be honest and candid on his own. He's a coelenterate. He is always, and I mean always, going to be taking his cues from someone else.

15 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So if dildo baggins loses to Miami and the implosion begins and the. continues the course on the long away stretch, how long into the season do you wait to start planning the contingency plan for getting out from under the Jimbo contract for cause?

We all know that aggy hangs thier hat on their supposed best class of all time moniker, but if the money men are already turning off the facet  now because Jimbo is well the fraud we all thought he was how do you get out of his deal without either threatening to turn the school in so he willingly leaves to WVU or actively falling on the sword to get him out for cause?

The real holdup in this is if they are looking to do this for cause through the NCAA that means it comes with the added cost of one of the money men big boosters have to named as the source of the illicit payments and therefore being disavowed by the school and AD. What big donor is going to get excommunicated after helping to fund their #1 class? 

I guess the real way to do it without involving $$ or boosters or thier sacred cow recruiting ranking is to go after the 2020 COVID class and how Jimbo was meeting prospective athletes at his ranch and actively doing this to avoid the recruiting shutdown during COVID and break health and safety protocols to do so.

If this thing goes tits up, no one wants to be holding this 90M feed bag for Jimbo. How to get rid of him and who is involved will be a story in and of itself.

I don't think ATM would go this route, and I definitely don't think they'd do it any time soon. They're far too insecure about how they're perceived by anyone else to be open to creating the perception that they're cheaters. I think that's the last thing they'd do. I think they'll eventually convince themselves that this is all part of the process for at least the next 3 seasons before they do anything else. 

I know everyone thinks the Jimbo contract is absurd, and I do too, but I had a similar set-up with a company, albeit at a fraction of Fisher's costs. Basically, I could not be fired for performance or insubordination. If they told me to hit the door, they owed me three year's worth of salary, my highest possible bonus for those years, and all of my unvested shares would immediately vest.

They really could only do something about me if I did something unsavory regarding women, ethnicity, or something provably illegal and corrupt. So I always assumed if they came at me, it would be through a female. Never happened and things went great and I left on my own for something more exciting, but it always seemed like the easy play if they ever wanted me out. Jimbo chasing pussy was a thing at FSU, so how hard is it at ATM to ensure there are numerous hot interns of low moral fiber who can accidentally get something going with him and then turn on him and get him tossed for sexual harrassment? If I were them, I'd already have something like that cooking in case it was ever important. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Who are we kidding here? Somehow the school that signed a really dumb contract and then followed that up with a dumber, longer extension is going to come up with a clever way to get out of that contract? And the conman they hired is going to just walk away? No way. They are going to aggy this shit up and end up paying Jimbo (who will be laughing all the way to West Virginia), admitting they cheated, losing most of their #1 class, probably burning a few donors, and exposing some other dumb shit that doesn't make any sense. And then they'll give their next coach a national championship trophy with the year missing.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I talked to two people separately that are connected at ATM. 

I know this will sound unbelievable because it is so predictable, including us saying it a bunch here, but apparently they really did underestimate the impact on the non-freshmen that forking over $5million to a recruiting class has had on them.

They started scrambling in the spring, passing the hat in the summer, and spraying flame retardant on Sunday. The first move was to go back to the first spigot, and that wasn't met with grace. By the opening of fall camp, ATM started calling well-heeled alums who have not been involved with any of this shit. That hasn't gone well. 

Then they lose to App State. There was a bit of a screaming match between offensive coaches in the past few days. Addazio views Craig and Coley as jokes. He thinks Craig is a weakness to Fisher and why things burned down at FSU and has started saying as much. Coley is Craig's boy and neither of those guys like Adazzio at all. So you have that going on.

Marshall was apparently targeted once(?) on Saturday and his faction thinks he's getting screwed. The Johnsons aren't happy. The DLs are hurt and bitching. Older players haven't seen much money unless they saw it during recruiting like McKinnley Jackson and he's being touted as a reason why the bidding wars are fucking dumb. 

If they lose to Miami this weekend, we really might get to see some lunatic shit coming out of that program next week. Fisher apparently thinks everyone is overreacting to one loss and they'll all forget about it after they go on a winning streak. 

Fueled by the greatest recruiting class ever, A&M's ascends to the higher strata of college football: their destiny!

spacer.png

Trust in Jimbo!

11 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Fatheree is really bad. Watch the right tackle at 1:50. That's embarrassing. 

Wow, he turned his hips and crossed his outside foot with his inside when he read outside speed rush. Absolutely horrible technique. Along with Craig's QB "coaching" WTF are they doing? 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Fud said:

1663100268037.png

McKinley Jackson was one of their 5 worst graded defenders (of every defender that played) last season.  I don't think getting him back is going to be a net positive.

Wykoff at OC has graded out better this year than Foster did last year.  Also Foster ended last season looking terrible, and allegedly considered quitting the team this off-season.   But leave it to aggy to think that him coming back is in some way a boon to the OL.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos