Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

4 hours ago, cochamps said:

You could be right, but there is a lot of butt hurt at aTm and they would like nothing more than to beat us for Hale (see Anthony Hill).  

I think you're overstating when you say "they would like nothing more." It's not worth a tanked season or even a game, IMHO.

Just now, texifornia said:

We didn't even want Marshall when he was a recruit. Stewart.... well, he's just so talented but man he'd be a handful.

Marshall is poison. @billfromlaketravis is a buffoon for wanting him. They’re going to accommodate Marshall and his camp’s bullshit right up until the toxicity is enough to make it fun for them for them to tell him to pack his shit and fuck off at Navarro before winding up as a stocker for HEB in Katy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I find out earlier this year that there isn't a clear answer among LSU's fanebase & media on who was the actual playcaller on that 2019 LSU team.

Joe Brady gave the play to the old fart who then relayed it to the offense, imo 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

The only way Jimbo's statement would've made sense is if Jimbo was a defensive-minded HC & he was hiring a DC to run Jimbo's defense. Similar to how Tom Herman hired Yurcich to run & put his spin on Herman's offense or how Mike Gundy & Brian Kelly hires OCs to run Gundy's/Kelly's offenses.

Jimbo being an offensive-minded HC with his DC Elko having just left, expecting an outside coach (who has never coached under Elko) to come & run Elko's defense doesn't make any sense.

I find out earlier this year that there isn't a clear answer among LSU's fanebase & media on who was the actual playcaller on that 2019 LSU team.

Look at LSU before Joe Brady and after Joe Brady and I think you have your answer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Those defensive rankings for aggy are insane.  They played SHSU and held them scoreless, awesome!  SHSU played Northern Arizona last week and scored all of 3 points.  It is the single worst Sam Houston offense in 2 decades.

Then aggy played App St and held them to 17 points, awesome!  Except that App St. held the ball for 40 minutes and basically did exactly what they wanted to do - the aggy defense couldn't make stops and couldn't get off the field.

Who the fuck is impressed by their defense?

still has a ton of pre-season projections/returning production built into it. not sure how many games it takes for SP+/FEI to phase out pre-season stats.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They really could only do something about me if I did something unsavory regarding women, ethnicity, or something provably illegal and corrupt. So I always assumed if they came at me, it would be through a female. Never happened and things went great and I left on my own for something more exciting, but it always seemed like the easy play if they ever wanted me out. Jimbo chasing pussy was a thing at FSU, so how hard is it at ATM to ensure there are numerous hot interns of low moral fiber who can accidentally get something going with him and then turn on him and get him tossed for sexual harrassment? If I were them, I'd already have something like that cooking in case it was ever important. 

i think the issue they have with going down this path is it makes them seem incompetent.

"you hired this guy known for chasing ass, then let him chase ass for years until it was convenient then tried to fire him for cause for chasing ass?"

or do they try the Ron Washing/Rangers process (women instead of coke) where they saw "this is the first time he chased ass at A&M!"

plus it makes them look even worse if they try to fire him for cause, then it drags out in the legal system. if they want to get rid of him, just pay the man his money and get him to go away after signing a non-disparagement agreement so he can't burn you to the ground.

16 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

WTF is he blathering on about in that last paragraph?

i assume Ketch or FCB are DMing recruits to try and get inside info. mostly because i can't imagine anyone else is dumb enough to do that.

12 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Get ready for Todd Monken to be the first OC in history to get a 10 year contract at $5m/year. 

bad news for A&M, but he is going to get a head coaching job before he takes another OC job

Edited by NoName

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

if they want to get rid of him, just pay the man his money and get him to go away after signing a non-disparagement agreement so he can't burn you to the ground.

The problem is that they are not going to be able to squeeze any more money out of the donors to pay him off.

The have financed:

* The last payoff

* Jimbos contract

* Assistant Coaching salaries

* "NIL"/bags

* Stadium expansions

....and all of that has amounted to the steaming pile of shit they are currently sitting in. 

And now you're going to come to them and ask for literally $130M just to get rid of Jimbo and bring the next guy in?

They're either going to have him murdered or frame him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz, Fisher's ego is too large and fragile for him to hire an OC to take over the offense. Any success the offense has would automatically be credited to the new guy and Fisher would even more stupid than he already does.

It will be worse than that. He’s going to meddle with whoever they bring in. No way he checks his little man napoleon complex micro manager ego and lets somebody else run their offense when he knows better.

And let’s face it, he doesn’t have to do anything he doesn’t want to. That’s essentially why he left FSU, so he could have the autonomy to do whatever the fuck he wanted without interference. Don’t like it? Fuck you pay me. 

Somebody needs to venture over to the FSU boards and get some screen caps. They have to be eating this up more than we are. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

The problem is that they are not going to be able to squeeze any more money out of the donors to pay him off.

The have financed:

* The last payoff

* Jimbos contract

* Assistant Coaching salaries

* "NIL"/bags

* Stadium expansions

....and all of that has amounted to the steaming pile of shit they are currently sitting in. 

And now you're going to come to them and ask for literally $130M just to get rid of Jimbo and bring the next guy in?

They're either going to have him murdered or frame him.

Fortunately for A&M, a message board poster has a solution:

• Haha 9

Aggy is stuck with Jimbo... they have sold their entire image as "we have a championship coach"... the only other ones available are:

Saban, Swinney, Smart and Mack Brown.  None of those guys would even consider A&M given age and/or what they have going now.

Is aggy suddently going to go with.. well a "proven coach" couldn't do it here with every possibly thing they asked for and then some... so come now play for the next "unproven coach" who Luicci thinks is actually better and has him ranked #1 in the Luicci coaching top 5??  They've created their own problem.

That said I would love for them to video the pass down of the un-dated championship trophy to their next coach.

• Haha 3

Have any aggy reporters indicated Johnson will get the first snap or is Hamilton the only one out there with that report?

Zwereneman's article is a clear indicator that aggy's bag men are done quietly begging Jimbo to change his stale offense, and have now moved to use the only possible leverage they have to convince him - public pressure. The bag men are desperate enough that they're playing their only card in week 2 so the entertainment value of their debacle can only get better.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Zwereneman's article is a clear indicator that aggy's bag men are done quietly begging Jimbo to change his stale offense, and have now moved to use the only possible leverage they have to convince him - public pressure. The bag men are desperate enough that they're playing their only card in week 2 so the entertainment value of their debacle can only get better.

It's kind of crazy they are already putting this out there after game #2.  It seems inevitable given the narrative coming out of the last game but as others have mentioned it won't work.  Why would an experienced OC on the cusp of either a HC position or a top P5 coordinator position go be micromanaged by Jimbo and risk their career trajectory?  That type of candidate will be looking to work for a defensive minded head coach or a coach that has proven he won't meddle.  I don't see Jimbo being able to make a "splash" hire like the boosters will want no matter how much they can money whip the guy.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Skipper said:

It's kind of crazy they are already putting this out there after game #2.  It seems inevitable given the narrative coming out of the last game but as others have mentioned it won't work.  Why would an experienced OC on the cusp of either a HC position or a top P5 coordinator position go be micromanaged by Jimbo and risk their career trajectory?  That type of candidate will be looking to work for a defensive minded head coach or a coach that has proven he won't meddle.  I don't see Jimbo being able to make a "splash" hire like the boosters will want no matter how much they can money whip the guy.

What's Sterlin Gilbert up to? 

16 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Jimbo needs to retcon his entire offensive staff. Likely should do the same with the defensive staff, minus Robinson and probably the CB coach. In year 5, Jimbo will have to basically start over. Everyone outside of aggy saw this as a real possibility.

22 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

7th grade basketball. My coach told us when we lied on the ground watching TV, during the commercials, shoot the basketball. He showed us the form to use.

This is the same fucking drill for QBs. But this idiot coach is using it on college QBs. During valuable practice time. 

Stupid sip, Nick Nolte did that before games in North Dallas Forty and that was the pros!

1 hour ago, NoName said:

i think the issue they have with going down this path is it makes them seem incompetent.

"you hired this guy known for chasing ass, then let him chase ass for years until it was convenient then tried to fire him for cause for chasing ass?"

or do they try the Ron Washing/Rangers process (women instead of coke) where they saw "this is the first time he chased ass at A&M!"

plus it makes them look even worse if they try to fire him for cause, then it drags out in the legal system. if they want to get rid of him, just pay the man his money and get him to go away after signing a non-disparagement agreement so he can't burn you to the ground.

The good news about this is that Jimbo will absolutely go scorched earth on the way out if A&M tries to screw him out of his buyout. 

"I've got danged ole letters man and mu danged ole cellphone has them ole pictures on it with that catfish orgy we held for Evan Stewart and all his kinfolk man."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The good news about this is that Jimbo will absolutely go scorched earth on the way out if A&M tries to screw him out of his buyout. 

"I've got danged ole letters man and mu danged ole cellphone has them ole pictures on it with that catfish orgy we held for Evan Stewart and all his kinfolk man."

This is exactly, and predictably, following his trajectory at Florida State.

"But Jimbo's a sitting national championship-winning head coach!"

Chaos off the field.

Fluke season (championship at FSU, covid at aggy).

Regression.

Losing good coaches.

Diminishing OL play.

Now, signs that boosters are beginning to realize they've been duped.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, NoName said:

3 hours ago, AP101S said:

Fortunately for A&M, a message board poster has a solution:

Both of these posts bring about the same point: If they end up in court with Fisher and/or try to fake a cause to get him fired...or if they just fuck with him WHILE he is a coach...you think that is going to make the next guy either a) worth a shit or b) willing to accept anything other than a ridiculous guaranteed contract like the one Jimbo has now?

Making a coach's life miserable or conspiring to get them fired doesn't exactly attract the best talent during the next go round of job applications.

Also, I just remembered that Bill Stewert tried to have Dana Holgerson set up by a PI or some shit and then fucking died lol. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

7th grade basketball. My coach told us when we lied on the ground watching TV, during the commercials, shoot the basketball. He showed us the form to use.

This is the same fucking drill for QBs. But this idiot coach is using it on college QBs. During valuable practice time. 

There's nothing wrong with players doing this on their own time to get used to the ball in their hands and release, etc. Your coach wasn't wrong. But you aren't wrong about how idiotic it is to waste practice time doing it.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Both of these posts bring about the same point: If they end up in court with Fisher and/or try to fake a cause to get him fired...or if they just fuck with him WHILE he is a coach...you think that is going to make the next guy either a) worth a shit or b) willing to accept anything other than a ridiculous guaranteed contract like the one Jimbo has now?

Making a coach's life miserable or conspiring to get them fired doesn't exactly attract the best talent during the next go round of job applications.

Also, I just remembered that Bill Stewert tried to have Dana Holgerson set up by a PI or some shit and then fucking died lol. 

The Bill Stewart non sequitur just caused me to explode into laughter at my desk. Thankfully, it's lunchtime and I didn't look like a lunatic to more than a couple of people. hahahahahaahaha Good lord.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Pretty clear that Elko had much more of a hand in keeping this thing together than what was thought. 

I brought this up a few times since the off season as well, and I agree that he seems to have been even more critical to keeping culture and peace in the background that I believe. 

I just thought replacing a great DC with dj durkin was going to make the defense suck, i didnt think it would call the whole thing to come unglued 

On 9/13/2022 at 12:45 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

Their potential first round LT only played limited snaps returning from injury. Also, their starting RB only played limited snaps after returning from injury. 

This is why Miami is so difficult to judge. They've been missing a lot of players that should be back for aggy. 

Cristobal said today everyone practiced (Nelson, RB, DL) today with no limitations.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Pretty clear that Elko had much more of a hand in keeping this thing together than what was thought. 

He's off to a good start at Duke

Saw a rumor that Chris Marshall has(had?) his hand in a cast from getting into it with Moose Muhammad 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Cristobal said today everyone practiced (Nelson, RB, DL) today with no limitations.

Several others have already said this, but sadly I think aggy wins this one.

I've watched their games and know how awful they look and that they have no business winning.  They also had no business beating bama last year.

This feels like one of those games where the amount of shit they've taken this week combined with Miami being grossly overrated has aggy playing with their hair on fire and able to get it done at home.

It won't matter, though, as they're not going to do well in that following string of road games.  They are exactly what they've looked like so far, which is dogshit, and they'll still lose a lot of games.  I just think things set up well for them to get it done this week.  Then they'll crow and feel good about themselves until the collapse starts the following week.

I would, of course, reaaaaally love to be wrong.

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I've watched their games and know how awful they look and that they have no business winning.  They also had no business beating bama last year.

This feels like one of those games where the amount of shit they've taken this week combined with Miami being grossly overrated has aggy playing with their hair on fire and able to get it done at home.

It won't matter, though, as they're not going to do well in that following string of road games.  They are exactly what they've looked like so far, which is dogshit, and they'll still lose a lot of games.  I just think things set up well for them to get it done this week.  Then they'll crow and feel good about themselves until the collapse starts the following week.

I think if they still had Mike Elko calling the D or a slightly better OL (or competent OL coach), I could give them a higher probability of pulling out a win. But these negatives compounded with what sounds like a toxic locker room makes it hard to see a team with average athletic ability losing to A&M. 

24 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

The difference this year vs last with the Bama game is they are fresh off of disappointment and are obviously at odds in the coaching staff and locker room. Had they had a tune up post the app state before playing Miami I would tend to agree with you. They are being asked to improve drastically after being embarrassed at home and are filled to the brim with distractions and it is only Wednesday. 

I went back and looked at some of the bigger upsets of all time and most teams that lost to an unranked G5 team were able to play a bottom dweller to get right. The week after Michigan lost to App State in 07 they were embarrassed at home against Oregon before they were Oregon. That Michigan team ended up being better than I remember and even knocked off a couple top 10 teams. Point being is that it would take a lot for a&m to just waltz in against Miami and win without all of the distractions they are currently dealing with. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Right now, aggy lawyers are probably researching the sovereign immunity defense used by Tech to screw Leach.

Not sure they have a chance with how last years class went down. Jimbo used every public opportunity to say that he had zero idea about NIL or bags for that matter that may or may not have been dropped. He was creating an out in case anything every went down and I have zero doubt he would take the whole ship down with him if it were to come to him being fired for cause. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Horndog said:

Right now, aggy lawyers are probably researching the sovereign immunity defense used by Tech to screw Leach.

If they use that, they won't be able to hire the type of coach they think they deserve.  They'll still be able to money whip someone, but they think they should get the elite of the elite.