Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

55 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

He's going to go down as the worst coaching contract in CFB history.  His buyout today is close to $90M.  It's fantastic.  If you remember @ FSU, he quickly turns into a cunt when the fans turn on him.  This is going to be great watching this go down.  

Agree. Pooooor aggy...

It's hard to comprehend because we are just a tad bit more intelligent than most hayseed aggys, but there is no "discounted" buyout. Hard to believe.

Jizzbo can leave at anytime at no cost. Another team can hire him (not sure who would want him) with no buyout clause. Aggy gets zilch. Nada. Pocket lint. Not even Tree Fiddy.

His contract is fully guaranteed. He can do nothing and he is going to be paid in full through 2031. All upside. No downside. He has the upper hand here.

So the question is, what dumbass would give someone a fully guaranteed 10 year contract at $9 million + guaranteed raises, etc. with no discounted buyout?

Dumbass aggy. That's who.

To Surly's credit we have been laughing about this since he got off the plane.

The implosion is right on time.

It is going to get worse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, BigSwingingD said:

Agree. Pooooor aggy...

It's hard to comprehend because we are just a tad bit more intelligent than most hayseed aggys, but there is no "discounted" buyout. Hard to believe.

Jizzbo can leave at anytime at no cost. Another team can hire him (not sure who would want him) with no buyout clause. Aggy gets zilch. Nada. Pocket lint. Not even Tree Fiddy.

His contract is fully guaranteed. He can do nothing and he is going to be paid in full through 2031. All upside. No downside. He has the upper hand here.

So the question is, what dumbass would give someone a fully guaranteed 10 year contract at $9 million + guaranteed raises, etc. with no discounted buyout?

Dumbass aggy. That's who.

To Surly's credit we have been laughing about this since he got off the plane.

The implosion is right on time.

It is going to get worse. 

The beauty of all of it, assuming they scrape together the money to buy him out, then they have to money-whip the next guy, their entire staff, and then try to justify NOT giving him a guaranteed contract.  

Wheeee

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No way. Coaches don’t think like that- that’s  fan board stuff. No 1 individual mid 4 star recruit is going to be the cause of a QB decision. 

It wont buy him the whole game but I believe it definitely bought him the start this weekend. But I think it is mostly that the most recent THSCA president is Kings dad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Yea, I've read that from people who follow recruiting closely and, frankly, know more than I do about most things related to the process. However, does it really fit Jimbo's personality, such as it is, to bend over backward to stay in the good graces of a HS coach or put games on the line to woo a single recruit?

Even though Jimbo can't be denied his huge salary, I would expect he wants to win enough to remain godlike to Aggies, and it's a pretty low bar.

I think his decisions are based on what he thinks will win games. He seems to be wrong a lot, but I don't think his motivation is otherwise. 

Which makes this all the better - HE thinks he's right.  He thinks he knows what he's doing.  He's Jerry Jones and doesn't realize it

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Just listened to him do his best Boomhouer impression on the radio here in Houston for 10 minutes. Must have used the word execution 50 times. Blamed the defense. Blamed the players. Blamed the offensive line coach (reading between the lines on the last one but not very much). 
talked about how he was fine as a play caller and that wouldn’t help. It was the most prickly, deflecting, arrogant interview I’ve heard since Tom Herman. I loved it. 

Never a good sign when the head coach is a “my system is infallible, the players just have to execute it better” guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If it came down to really wanting to get rid of him, they’d gin up some bullshit to fire him for cause and then stand behind institutional immunity. 

or maybe they’d be dumb enough to try to pin all the bag stuff on him, pretend they just found out and we’re abhorred and disappointed, and expect the ncaa to slap them on the wrists. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

If it came down to really wanting to get rid of him, they’d gin up some bullshit to fire him for cause and then stand behind institutional immunity. 

or maybe they’d be dumb enough to try to pin all the bag stuff on him, pretend they just found out and we’re abhorred and disappointed, and expect the ncaa to slap them on the wrists. 

The Tennessee method?

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I know Evan Stewart gets all the attention, but Chris Marshall was fucking INSANE to stick with aggy. 

There's a small chance Jimbo figures out how to utilize a 5-star WR over the course of 4 years.  There's absolutely zero chance he figures out how to highlight two.  Marshall's career was DOA, and anyone with half a brain could see it coming.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

I know Evan Stewart gets all the attention, but Chris Marshall was fucking INSANE to stick with aggy. 

There's a small chance Jimbo figures out how to utilize a 5-star WR over the course of 4 years.  There's absolutely zero chance he figures out how to highlight two.  Marshall's career was DOA, and anyone with half a brain could see it coming.

As much attention as Stewart gets I think Marshall has more long term portential than Stewart. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Marshall's got off field stuff. Some programs wouldn't touch him. Sark quit recruiting him early.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

4 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

Not sure if Gerry’s post is exactly on point, but Marshall’s problem isn’t physical talent.  A lot of competent programs met him and his circle and decided to pass…

Jimbo had no intention of using both of them and changing his offense. His only goal was to get a #1 class and break the record no matter what the character risks looked like. They even took a dude from Georgia with a blown ACL just for the ratings bump. 

15 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So I got a dumb question… What area of the D did Elko have specific control over and how much interaction did he have shaping the scheme for the DL?

Their DL looks lost and completely out of sync with the LBs. It’s like watching us last year with none of the position groups being on the same page.

I know going into the season everyone thought their LBs and CBs could be an issue, but their DL as a whole had been man handled.

he has been DC/Safety going back to 2013 at Bowling Green where he was DC/LB.

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

My biggest question was how did he handle Stewarts fumble? The immediate twitter activity probably gives us a good idea of how that went..

harrison ford jones GIF

ignoring Texas here, imagine how much better the Bama WR room looks with him, and how much better his stats are with Bryce Young lol

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The key to beating a&m theast couple years is an above average QB. Their defense can shut down a run first offense but a QB that can make intermediate throws has given them fits. Last year the only good QB they beat was Young and that was an anomaly. Van Dyke seems good enough to make throws against this secondary and then open it up for their solid RBs. 

Not true, the QBs at Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State were good QBs. They lost all those games.

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Watch the Fatheree clip above to see why he's playing King. 

When a 3 man rush is consistently able to beat a 5 man OL you need a QB that can scramble. 

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That's the problem with Max Johnson. This aggy OL is worse than the LSU OL last year where Johnson had a crazy high sack rate. 

While true, King holds the ball forever and misses open guys a lot of plays. His mobility offsets it some, but that’s their biggest issue. I have no doubt Johnson would be a noticeable improvement. King is absolutely horrible and it’s not just the OL’s fault. I hope Jimbo leaves King in as long as possible.  

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Seems absolutely crazy that in a Jimbo offense RB/TE's have a total of 5 targets in 2 games.  I guess Jimbo was honest that he was 'changing' his offense - just didn't explain that it was going to be worse.

image.thumb.png.849684f4c1bb394e2ed4083cf75a71a8.png

King ignores dump off options and tries to run. Mond was a very good runner but he learned it’s better to dump it off to playmakers. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

He's going to go down as the worst coaching contract in CFB history.  His buyout today is close to $90M.  It's fantastic.  If you remember @ FSU, he quickly turns into a cunt when the fans turn on him.  This is going to be great watching this go down.  

So, you are saying he's the Russell Westbrick of college coaches?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The key to beating a&m theast couple years is an above average QB. Their defense can shut down a run first offense but a QB that can make intermediate throws has given them fits. Last year the only good QB they beat was Young and that was an anomaly. Van Dyke seems good enough to make throws against this secondary and then open it up for their solid RBs. 

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Not true, the QBs at Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State were good QBs. They lost all those games.

Reading is hard. 

5 minutes ago, Hozz said:

I don't see how they get to 6-6.  They are looking at a strong possibility of starting 1-5. That's bad for morale.  The team I watched play Sam and App St is going to have an uphill battle against average P5 teams. 

They'll probably rally for Miami.  Possibly even win, get their heads back in the clouds, then follow their usual trajectory of crashing and burning later in the season.  

6 minutes ago, Hozz said:

I don't see how they get to 6-6.  They are looking at a strong possibility of starting 1-5. That's bad for morale.  The team I watched play Sam and App St is going to have an uphill battle against average P5 teams. 

I don’t know that this is the aggy team to go above .500 in conference. So give them 4-4 there, a win vs umass, and the current 1-1, and the Miami game is the difference between 6-6 and 7-5. 

if you wish to argue for a worse conference record, that’d be great. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Yea, I've read that from people who follow recruiting closely and, frankly, know more than I do about most things related to the process. However, does it really fit Jimbo's personality, such as it is, to bend over backward to stay in the good graces of a HS coach or put games on the line to woo a single recruit?

Even though Jimbo can't be denied his huge salary, I would expect he wants to win enough to remain godlike to Aggies, and it's a pretty low bar.

I think his decisions are based on what he thinks will win games. He seems to be wrong a lot, but I don't think his motivation is otherwise. 

Yeah, King's dad mattered somewhere in the equation for who should start, to some small degree at least. Fisher mentioned it as a factor to folks he's tight with, but that doesn't carry much water if King isn't getting it done on the field, much less to woo a recruit. I don't believe it is a factor in recruiting Hale on a meaningful level. 

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

45 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

Not sure if Gerry’s post is exactly on point, but Marshall’s problem isn’t physical talent.  A lot of competent programs met him and his circle and decided to pass…

Gerry's point is that the dude walked out in the middle of practice yesterday. Yes, Marshall has issues that aren't physical, and yes, that would play a role in leaving practice early. Marshall has a lot of problems that aren't physical. I hope he returns to practice today and they coddle him as much as they possibly can for as long as they can.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know that this is the aggy team to go above .500 in conference. So give them 4-4 there, a win vs umass, and the current 1-1, and the Miami game is the difference between 6-6 and 5-7. 

if you wish to argue for a worse conference record, that’d be great. 

No matter who they choose at QB, they are going into the next stretch of games against teams that have much better QBs than they do.

54 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is coming. It's going to be their only out.

55 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

As much attention as Stewart gets I think Marshall has more long term portential than Stewart. 

@BurntOrange&White Bravo! Perfect I think we need a thread title addition. Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face - So Much Portential!

31 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

And LOL at the "best fans in the world" narrative they have going

image.png.63058fc27ad8f53609c538ff4ce588a9.png

Stupid Sip. You know the sun is twice as hot in college station.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I talked to two people separately that are connected at ATM. 

I know this will sound unbelievable because it is so predictable, including us saying it a bunch here, but apparently they really did underestimate the impact on the non-freshmen that forking over $5million to a recruiting class has had on them.

They started scrambling in the spring, passing the hat in the summer, and spraying flame retardant on Sunday. The first move was to go back to the first spigot, and that wasn't met with grace. By the opening of fall camp, ATM started calling well-heeled alums who have not been involved with any of this shit. That hasn't gone well. 

Then they lose to App State. There was a bit of a screaming match between offensive coaches in the past few days. Addazio views Craig and Coley as jokes. He thinks Craig is a weakness to Fisher and why things burned down at FSU and has started saying as much. Coley is Craig's boy and neither of those guys like Adazzio at all. So you have that going on.

Marshall was apparently targeted once(?) on Saturday and his faction thinks he's getting screwed. The Johnsons aren't happy. The DLs are hurt and bitching. Older players haven't seen much money unless they saw it during recruiting like McKinnley Jackson and he's being touted as a reason why the bidding wars are fucking dumb. 

If they lose to Miami this weekend, we really might get to see some lunatic shit coming out of that program next week. Fisher apparently thinks everyone is overreacting to one loss and they'll all forget about it after they go on a winning streak. 

Family Guy Cockroach GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I know this will sound unbelievable because it is so predictable, including us saying it a bunch here, but apparently they really did underestimate the impact on the non-freshmen that forking over $5million to a recruiting class has had on them.

They started scrambling in the spring, passing the hat in the summer, and spraying flame retardant on Sunday. The first move was to go back to the first spigot, and that wasn't met with grace. By the opening of fall camp, ATM started calling well-heeled alums who have not been involved with any of this shit. That hasn't gone well. 

Then they lose to App State. There was a bit of a screaming match between offensive coaches in the past few days. Addazio views Craig and Coley as jokes. He thinks Craig is a weakness to Fisher and why things burned down at FSU and has started saying as much. Coley is Craig's boy and neither of those guys like Adazzio at all. So you have that going on.

Marshall was apparently targeted once(?) on Saturday and his faction thinks he's getting screwed. The Johnsons aren't happy. The DLs are hurt and bitching. Older players haven't seen much money unless they saw it during recruiting like McKinnley Jackson and he's being touted as a reason why the bidding wars are fucking dumb. 

If they lose to Miami this weekend, we really might get to see some lunatic shit coming out of that program next week. Fisher apparently thinks everyone is overreacting to one loss and they'll all forget about it after they go on a winning streak. 

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Adazzio isn't wrong, but he's also Adazzio and a cancer himself... this is gonna go spectacularly. Expectations for this year were far too high for a coaching implosion.

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If they lose to Miami this weekend, we really might get to see some lunatic shit coming out of that program next week.

Although completely irrational on my part, this is why I can’t believe they will lose. I’ve just been so conditioned over the last dozen years to not expect joy from college football. 

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

Although completely irrational on my part, this is why I can’t believe they will lose. I’ve just been so conditioned over the last dozen years to not expect joy from college football. 

I'm with you. I'm also in the mindeset that there is no possible way Jimbo rolls out King as QB1 right? Win or lose that would be a greater indictment of how bad things are in college station.

• Like 1