ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

25 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Who knew there would be a Part 2 to the Tyler Trent story.  If you don't remember, he was the Purdue superfan who had cancer.  Anyway, his little brother earned a spot on the Boilermaker's roster as a walk on.  Nice story from GameDay.

They always gotta make me cry. What an amazing story. Full circle. Enjoying game day even though we are on a bye.

McAfee going all in on the food. Wasn’t sure how I feel about him on GameDay but he’s growing on me. Sometimes he’s a bit too much but he’s also a much needed spark in many ways. Seems to fit right in now. In a way, it’s cool because he’s so new to it we can sort of see it through his eyes like everything is fucking fun for him right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

McAfee going all in on the food. Wasn’t sure how I feel about him on GameDay but he’s growing on me. Sometimes he’s a bit too much but he’s also a much needed spark in many ways. Seems to fit right in now. In a way, it’s cool because he’s so new to it we can sort of see it through his eyes like everything is fucking fun for him right now. 

That is a good way to describe it, his energy and looseness is needed.  I like the guy.  He is a bit of a meat-head, but he knows it and he is not trying to be anything different, just have a good time.

• Hook 'Em 2

ESPN, COLLEGE GAMEDAY BETTING ‘EXPERT’ STANFORD STEVE IS TERRIBLE AT PICKING GAMES

by DAN ZAKSHESKE    October 15, 2023

Prior to this season, ESPN’s College GameDay featured Chris “The Bear” Fallica as its betting expert. Fallica rose through the ranks of ESPN’s research department and eventually gained on-air notoriety. He left to join FOX’s college football coverage and ESPN replaced him with “Stanford Steve.”

Unlike Fallica, who spent 25 years researching college football for ESPN, Stanford Steve Coughlin’s main qualification as an “expert” is that his best friend is Scott Van Pelt. Coughlin worked on Van Pelt’s radio show and when SVP took over the late-night SportsCenter, he brought Coughlin with him.

The pair do a popular segment called “bad beats,” as Steve continues to brand himself as a betting expert. He hosts a gambling podcast at ESPN, too.

USATSI_21432172-768x512.jpg

Well, his first season on College GameDay isn’t going very well.

On last week’s show, the cast made fun of Steve’s horrible betting record after he went 1-3 to move his season record to a putrid 8-15-1.

His picks last week went 2-2, putting him at 10-17-1 for the season. This week … didn’t go very well, either.

Stanford Steve gave out BYU +5 over TCU. TCU destroyed BYU by 33 points. He also gave UAB (+9) over UTSA. UTSA won by three touchdowns. Steve did manage to correctly give out Iowa State (+5) over Cincinnati. The Washington-Oregon game pushed, giving Steve another losing week at 1-2-1.

Through seven weeks, Steve is now 11-19-2 (37% winning percentage). If you bet $100 on each of his recommendations (assuming each bet was -110), you’d have lost $910. Yikes. That’s $130 per week lost. That averages out to more than $500/month, which is more than the average car payment.

Now, on the other hand, if you recognized that Stanford Steve stinks at picking games and you just bet the exact opposite of everything he said, you’d be up $610.

But, hey, look at that cool refrigerator! Steve drinks beers, he’s a regular dude! And he’s friends with Scott Van Pelt! What a cool guy!

Let’s pay him to pick games incorrectly! Hooray!  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

On 10/19/2023 at 7:49 PM, LTtxfan said:

ESPN, COLLEGE GAMEDAY BETTING ‘EXPERT’ STANFORD STEVE IS TERRIBLE AT PICKING GAMES

by DAN ZAKSHESKE    October 15, 2023

Prior to this season, ESPN’s College GameDay featured Chris “The Bear” Fallica as its betting expert. Fallica rose through the ranks of ESPN’s research department and eventually gained on-air notoriety. He left to join FOX’s college football coverage and ESPN replaced him with “Stanford Steve.”

Unlike Fallica, who spent 25 years researching college football for ESPN, Stanford Steve Coughlin’s main qualification as an “expert” is that his best friend is Scott Van Pelt. Coughlin worked on Van Pelt’s radio show and when SVP took over the late-night SportsCenter, he brought Coughlin with him.

The pair do a popular segment called “bad beats,” as Steve continues to brand himself as a betting expert. He hosts a gambling podcast at ESPN, too.

USATSI_21432172-768x512.jpg

Well, his first season on College GameDay isn’t going very well.

On last week’s show, the cast made fun of Steve’s horrible betting record after he went 1-3 to move his season record to a putrid 8-15-1.

His picks last week went 2-2, putting him at 10-17-1 for the season. This week … didn’t go very well, either.

Stanford Steve gave out BYU +5 over TCU. TCU destroyed BYU by 33 points. He also gave UAB (+9) over UTSA. UTSA won by three touchdowns. Steve did manage to correctly give out Iowa State (+5) over Cincinnati. The Washington-Oregon game pushed, giving Steve another losing week at 1-2-1.

Through seven weeks, Steve is now 11-19-2 (37% winning percentage). If you bet $100 on each of his recommendations (assuming each bet was -110), you’d have lost $910. Yikes. That’s $130 per week lost. That averages out to more than $500/month, which is more than the average car payment.

Now, on the other hand, if you recognized that Stanford Steve stinks at picking games and you just bet the exact opposite of everything he said, you’d be up $610.

But, hey, look at that cool refrigerator! Steve drinks beers, he’s a regular dude! And he’s friends with Scott Van Pelt! What a cool guy!

Let’s pay him to pick games incorrectly! Hooray!  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I wish they’d bring in an honest to God professional gambler/handicapper. Some guy they’re interviewing via satellite because he’s busy betting the ponies at Belmont. 

I’d also drop Jess Sims. They can either replace her with literally any other female Peloton instructor or just give Jen Lada more work. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I wish they’d bring in an honest to God professional gambler/handicapper. Some guy they’re interviewing via satellite because he’s busy betting the ponies at Belmont. 

I’d also drop Jess Sims. They can either replace her with literally any other female Peloton instructor or just give Jen Lada more work. 

agreed, but Steve is on a roll right now... anyone better against him is making serious bank.

• Haha 1