2018 - Elections and Trends

atomheartbevo

13 minutes ago, Mole said:

That’s over the top. I think the world makes more sense with the realization that there are people who have chaos and discord as their primary purpose instead of our normal partisan aims (R vs. D). That call isn’t “helping” either side gain votes; it’s trying to turn us more against each other. I’m surprised there aren’t claims of false flags yet just to top it off. This is Russian troll like stuff coming from our homegrown neo-Nazis who want a race war. Yay America.

Very fine people 

30 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

wait that robocall wasn't the one from earlier in the election cycle?  the one with the exaggerated minstrel show voice talking about "medi-sign" is a recent development?

The same neo-nazi/Republican group ran that ad or a similar one during the primaries, too. 

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would guess that with modern technology you can find an overseas company that will manage massive robocalls for low low costs.  Send them the recording and the areas codes, and they take care of the rest.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this one feels like someone other than DeSantis/someone trying to support DeSantis.  Some Gillum person trying to develop outrage backlash.  Some overseas person trying to stoke discord.  Something.  It is just too on the nose to be a legit crazy racist saying crazy racist things.

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this one feels like someone other than DeSantis/someone trying to support DeSantis.  Some Gillum person trying to develop outrage backlash.  Some overseas person trying to stoke discord.  Something.  It is just too on the nose to be a legit crazy racist saying crazy racist things.

The source is already known.  It's a neo-Nazi group in Idaho. 

6 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It's been less than 48 hours since the president proudly announced to the world that he's a "nationalist."    And maybe a week since the most of the Republican party spread crazy anti-semitic Soros conspiracy theory crap.  

8 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

reminds me of people who say "I'm not racist, but this one time..."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I think it's foolish to think "there's NO WAY Rs can be this stupid and evil". We have an incredible amount of evidence to the contrary. 

• Like 1

Here in Idaho, Ada County makes up 26.6% of the states overall population, and they have already exceed the entire early voting turnout of 2014. Nothing is going to flip this cycle but the gap is getting smaller, and like in Texas we are having a huge migration of people from Cali, Oregon, and Washington. 

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

For the record, this is 100% on Trump. We already have one dead journalist because of his incompetence. I wonder how much more american blood will be shared simply because we elected possibly the stupidest person in this country

It's on all of us.  We elected this shitstain.  We sat by for the last 20 months while he and the GOP took a wrecking ball to our norms and institutions.  Except for maybe some posts on facebook or Surly expressing how upsetting this all was.  We spent more time engaging in fake debates about civility and whether a restaurant should refuse to serve Sarah Sanders or Kanye's stupidity than we did about cleaning up Puerto Rico, the president's giant shits on the Constitution and the free press, and kiddy concentration camps.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

It's on all of us.  We elected this shitstain.  We sat by for the last 20 months while he and the GOP took a wrecking ball to our norms and institutions.  Except for maybe some posts on facebook or Surly expressing how upsetting this all was.  We spent more time engaging in fake debates about civility and whether a restaurant should refuse to serve Sarah Sanders or Kanye's stupidity than we did about cleaning up Puerto Rico, the president's giant shits on the Constitution and the free press, and kiddy concentration camps.

I "wrong threaded" that comment - meant it for the dotus thread.

I didn't vote for that shitstain. I am not in that category. Sorry. I accept NO responsibility for him getting elected.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And here it is.  We are done.  Brisket, pour the whisky or scotch or turpentine, whatever it is at this point.

I'll be over with my entire liquor cabinet. No use leaving good booze for the philistines that are going to be running the place. 

9 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I didn't elect shit. Sorry.

46 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And here it is.  We are done.  Brisket, pour the whisky or scotch or turpentine, whatever it is at this point.

We've BEEN done.  That's the whole point.

28 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I'll be over with my entire liquor cabinet. No use leaving good booze for the philistines that are going to be running the place. 

I've seen your liquor cabinet.  You are most welcome to attend, leave no bottle of bourbon behind.

Ledge is getting crowded, though.

Abbott doesn't get near enough hate around here.  Embarrassing to watch this clown who parrots anti-Semitic conspiracy theories hand out the Golden Hat.

But the biggest Soros-baiter of all is Abbott. He’s sent dozens of emails to supporters mentioning Soros in passing or emphasizing his danger. The messages started out pretty banal: Soros is orchestrating the effort to “attack Texas” and “defeat Governor Abbott.” Then they got shriller and weirder. One fundraising email subject line reads, “Obama to void 2016 results?” Obama’s plot, we learn inside, is funded by Soros. Another: “Gun ban in Texas?” Guess who’s coming to steal your guns: “Liberal billionaire George Soros has poured millions of dollars into trying to eliminate your Second Amendment rights,” the email reads. “COME AND TAKE IT!”

https://www.texasobserver.org/greg-abbott-ted-cruz-dan-patricks-obsession-george-soros-weird-kind-dangerous/

• Like 1

Yeah.  He's a crook.  He tweeted out my pet peeve:  a voter fraud indictment.  That brings the Texas total up to  . . . . 3.   

When a politician has to convince you that a crime is happening, and that we have to use a very particular way to prevent the crime, alarms should go off.  (And guess what, a side effect of that solution is about 100,000 votes not counting for every voter fraud prevented.  And the overwhelming majority of these votes come from a very particular demographic.  What a surprise!).

I was so excited to get that aggy out of the Governorship and get a Longhorn in.  Turns out he is worse, and Perry is the only cabinet member up there not embarrassing himself.  I was discussing this with my wife, and her insight was "It's like Perry was just dumb.  Abbott is immoral."  I thought that was well taken.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, retread said:

"I’m not suggesting that the political right is free of their own troublemakers but to pretend that anyone on the right has done anything close to a Bernie bro shooting up a congressional ball field or throwing boulders through someone else's window or attacking and assaulting individuals with different campaigns if they think that it isn’t unbalanced or predominately one sided, I think they need to pay better attention to the news."

What the fuck?  She is fucking horrible.

"I’m not suggesting that the political right is free of their own troublemakers but to pretend that anyone on the right has done anything close to a Bernie bro shooting up a congressional ball field or throwing boulders through someone else's window or attacking and assaulting individuals with different campaigns if they think that it isn’t unbalanced or predominately one sided, I think they need to pay better attention to the news."

Heather Heyer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Republicans and the NRSC must be freaking out, bc they've been throwing out every cooked outlier poll possible to show them competitive or leading in Senate races in WV, Indiana, Montana, Florida.  90% sure most of those were commissioned in the break room at NRSC HQ.

1 hour ago, Stringer said:

Not really based on any facts.... 

Year Occurrence Location Victims Wounded* Victims Killed*
2018 Murder of Blaze Bernstein Orange County, California 0 1
2018 Murder of MeShon Cooper-Williams Kansas City, Missouri 0 1
2017 University of Maryland stabbing College Park, Maryland 0 1
2017 Car-ramming attack into counter-protestors at the white nationalist Unite the Right rally Charlottesville, Virginia 19 1
2017 Portland train attack Portland, Oregon 1 2
2017 Stabbing of Timothy Caughman New York City 0 1
2015 Shooting at a showing of the film Trainwreck Lafayette, Louisiana 9 2
2015 Planned Parenthood shooting Colorado Springs, Colorado 9 3
2015 Shooting attack on worshippers at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church Charleston, South Carolina 1 9
2014 Attack on Pennsylvania State Police barracks Blooming Grove, Pennsylvania 1 1
2014 Ambush attack on Las Vegas police officers Las Vegas, Nevada   3
2014 Overland Park Jewish Community Center shooting Overland Park, Kansas   3
2013 Los Angeles International Airport shooting attack on TSA officer Los Angeles, California 6 1
2013 Double murder committed by Jeremy Lee Moody and Christine Moody Jonesville, South Carolina 0 2
2012 Ambush attack against St. John the Baptist Parish police St. John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana 2 2
2012 Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting Oak Creek, Wisconsin 4 6
2012 Tri-state killing spree by white supremacists David Pedersen and Holly Grigsby Multiple   4
2011 FEAR group attacks Georgia   3
2011 Murder of James Craig Anderson Jackson, Mississippi 0 1
2010 Murder committed by Aryan Brotherhood members Mississippi 0 1
2010 Shooting at bookstore cafe perpetrated by Ross William Muehlberger Wichita Falls, Texas 4 1
2010 Murder of Todd Getgen[42][43] Carlisle, Pennsylvania 0 1
2010 Suicide attack by airplane Austin, Texas 13 1
2009 Murder of sex offender by white supremacists North Palm Springs, California 0 1
2009 Murder committed by Charles Francis Gaskins Carmichael, California 0 1
2009 United States Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting Washington, D.C. 1 1
2009 Assassination of George Tiller Wichita, Kansas 1 1
2009 Murders of Raul and Brisenia Flores Brockton, Massachusetts 1 2
2009 Shooting of Pittsburgh police officers Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 2 3
2009 Woodburn bank bombing Woodburn, Oregon 2 2
2008 Knoxville Unitarian Universalist church shooting Knoxville, Tennessee 8 2
Edited by Dnaguy
  • Like 1