Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

10 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

What the hell do we do against Will Anderson?  Triple team while chipping with the RB and rolling Ewers to the other side every play?

Hope those new OL have something

I'm pretty nervous that our best LT at the time we line up against Anderson is going to be a true freshman summer enrollee making his 2nd ever career start.

Then again, we can't do much worse than just kinda meekly falling over like Jones does in that clip.

4 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I wish y'all would stop being pussy ass bitches when it comes to Anderson, Turner, and Bama in general. 

Tommy Brockermeyer, the guy we fired Herman for missing on, gave up 4 sacks in 5 plays to Dallas Turner in their spring game. And Will Anderson is considered the better of the two. Does that mean we are going to give up 20 sacks? No. But it means we are going to have to scheme the shit out of them to move the ball, and at some point Banks and Jones/Williams/Campbell will need to be able to win in a 1 on 1 situation. 

1 hour ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

What the hell do we do against Will Anderson?  Triple team while chipping with the RB and rolling Ewers to the other side every play?

Hope those new OL have something

Scary part is WillAnderson wasn’t killing it until Saban started Turner. That is the real issue. You can’t help on both every time you drop back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

and that is what Sark is paid to do. I'm more concerned with stoping the run. This year we find out if Sark understands how to compete on the lines of scrimmage. FCB is right, Sark's first team was less physical vs. Herman's teams. 

Edited by Goodman

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

and that is what Sark is payed to do. I'm more concerned with stoping the run. This year we find out if Sark understands how to compete on the lines of scrimmage. FCB is right, Sark's first team was less physical vs. Herman's teams. 

I am not sure the Bama game will tell you much on anything. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out the Bama front 7 is a mismatch for Texas. Schemes are cool and can occasionally win you games, but if can’t win 1 on 1s the scheme is meaningless. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I am not sure the Bama game will tell you much on anything. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out the Bama front 7 is a mismatch for Texas. Schemes are cool and can occasionally win you games, but if can’t win 1 on 1s the scheme is meaningless. 

Agreed, to get this back on recruiting, we need try to keep our Bama loss respectable and hold this class together, then stack 2-3 more top 3 classes to compete in the SEC.  Otherwise we're Auburn with a cooler helmet.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Agreed, to get this back on recruiting, we need try to keep our Bama loss respectable and hold this class together, then stack 2-3 more top 3 classes to compete in the SEC.  Otherwise we're Auburn with a cooler helmet.

This was my point. I'm not expecting us to get beat down, none of us should. 

Tommy Brockermeyer, the guy we fired Herman for missing on, gave up 4 sacks in 5 plays to Dallas Turner in their spring game. And Will Anderson is considered the better of the two. Does that mean we are going to give up 20 sacks? No. But it means we are going to have to scheme the shit out of them to move the ball, and at some point Banks and Jones/Williams/Campbell will need to be able to win in a 1 on 1 situation. 

Fuck the Brocks
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, mannewers said:

Meh, wasn't a take...

Did I do that right?

J/K can't show all of them the same level of love. Sounds like he needed more of it. Hopefully it is his loss not joining this class.

Yeah, he is a talented kid. Wish him the best of luck and his team the absolute worst.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Why would we wear a cooler as a helmet? 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, mannewers said:

can't show all of them the same level of love. Sounds like he needed more of it.

it’s pretty well known that we had cooled on him.  sark is hunting bigger game, backed off when we bagged arch.  we still may circle back to him if we miss on some higher-ranked guys. 

it’s pretty well known that we had cooled on him.  sark is hunting bigger game, backed off when we bagged arch.  we still may circle back to him if we miss on some higher-ranked guys. 

Yes, that is the correct aggie way of saying it. Sark actually pulled the offer, from what I heard.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

lol Tommy fucking Brockermeyer is the reason Turtle Tom got fired? OK cool, Hook ‘Em…

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Go long, baby!