Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat 2,000 of something

Beau Vine

"There is no strife, no prejudice, no national conflict in outer space as yet. Its hazards are hostile to us all. Its conquest deserves the best of all mankind, and its opportunity for peaceful cooperation may never come again. But why, some say, the Moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask, why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?"

Poor Rice. Remembered through history as the comparatively impossible dream.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

Do we know what temperature the visitors locker room will be set at?? 

Thx to @Patricio Swayze for finding this Tweet...

CDC's response:

Official statement from. @_delconteon the visitor locker room

6:08 PM · Sep 9, 2019
Edited by LTtxfan

i'm probably in the minority but i'd much rather this game be at rice stadium.  no interest in going to reliant.

Totally agree. That stadium has a special place in my heart due to the fact that it’s where I saw my first college football game. Dad took me to the 1985-6(?) Bluebonnet Bowl vs Air Force. That flyover was so badass. Texas ended up losing, but I remember it like it was yesterday. It’s also where little homesick saw his first college football game. Had a buddy hook us up, and he got to hang on the sidelines of the Rice/Army game (on the Army side). Great stadium. 8daadbd6bab663c7618ddd8d475eafed.jpg

RIP Hedberg. “There are six ducks out there, and they all want SunChips!”

• Like 5

On 9/8/2019 at 2:15 PM, texifornia said:

"There is no strife, no prejudice, no national conflict in outer space as yet. Its hazards are hostile to us all. Its conquest deserves the best of all mankind, and its opportunity for peaceful cooperation may never come again. But why, some say, the Moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask, why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?"

Poor Rice. Remembered through history as the comparatively impossible dream.

The funny part about that quote is that before Kennedy said that, Rice actually did pretty well against Texas. After he said it Rice has won twice in like 50 tries.

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

i'm probably in the minority but i'd much rather this game be at rice stadium.  no interest in going to reliant.

Rice Stadium is one of the great old stadiums in College Football. Hell Super Bowl VIII was played there, one of only two non-NFL stadiums to host the Super Bowl. 

I would also prefer the game be there. NFL stadiums are really bad for College Football anyway, though I am not sure why that is.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 2

Totally agree. That stadium has a special place in my heart due to the fact that it’s where I saw my first college football game. Dad took me to the 1985-6(?) Bluebonnet Bowl vs Air Force. That flyover was so badass. Texas ended up losing, but I remember it like it was yesterday. It’s also where little homesick saw his first college football game. Had a buddy hook us up, and he got to hang on the sidelines of the Rice/Army game (on the Army side). Great stadium. 8daadbd6bab663c7618ddd8d475eafed.jpg

RIP Hedberg. “There are six ducks out there, and they all want SunChips!”
My first game was at Memorial Stadium but every time Texas played Rice my dad took me. He also took me to the Bluebonnet Bowl there when we played Ol'Piss.

We were on one side and Ol'Piss was on the other side and those regarded ass morons had a shitton of Confederate Flags and they started out waving the shit out of em. The stands were full of em. Wave wave wave!

Then as Texas pushed their shit in the waving became less and less. Fuck em.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Bluebonnet_Bowl

One of the thing I liked about Rice stadium was the urinals. Like 60ft long and ya pissed on a wall.

My first game was at Memorial Stadium but every time Texas played Rice my dad took me. He also took me to the Bluebonnet Bowl there when we played Ol'Piss.

We were on one side and Ol'Piss was on the other side and those regarded ass morons had a shitton of Confederate Flags and they started out waving the shit out of em. The stands were full of em. Wave wave wave!

Then as Texas pushed their shit in the waving became less and less. Fuck em.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Bluebonnet_Bowl

One of the thing I liked about Rice stadium was the urinals. Like 60ft long and ya pissed on a wall.

I couldn’t imagine how bad it was in ‘66 with the Rebel fans, but I was at Ole Miss when the flag was actually banned, and the vast majority of the student body was in favor. It did make it a whole lot easier to decipher who the fucking yokels were though. And don’t call it Ol Piss, that’s what LSU does. Or if you have to continue calling it that, at least spell it Ole Piss.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Your Mom said:

After all the bullshit with LSU I’m finding it hard to hate on Rice.  I like those nerdy fuckers. I always enjoy the stupid shit their band pulls, even at our expense.   

You just know they are going to do something with the crampgate/a/c joke.

16 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

I couldn’t imagine how bad it was in ‘66 with the Rebel fans, but I was at Ole Miss when the flag was actually banned, and the vast majority of the student body was in favor. It did make it a whole lot easier to decipher who the fucking yokels were though. And don’t call it Ol Piss, that’s what LSU does. Or if you have to continue calling it that, at least spell it Ole Piss.

I have one good memory of Ole Miss from the 1962 Cotton Bowl (the Rebs won that game). In a halftime ceremony,  their Governor Ross Barnett graciously presented UT with the first giant Lone Star Flag.... to start one of our best game traditions.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I have one good memory of Ole Miss from the 1962 Cotton Bowl (the Rebs won that game). In a halftime ceremony,  their Governor Ross Barnett graciously presented UT with the first giant Lone Star Flag.... to start one of our best game traditions.

Beg pardon... it was the 1961 Cotton Bowl