What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

20 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Is the whistleblower attractive?  I think whether or not majority of the country would or wouldn't bang the whistleblower will be pivotal.  History will frown on a gross whistleblower.

Doesn’t matter, had whistle blown.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

From Jonah Goldberg at The National Review.

We’re supposed to believe a president who has never shown an iota of real concern over corruption in China, Egypt, Russia, the Philippines, North Korea, and elsewhere is upset about the one corruption story that coincidentally touches on the potential Democratic opponent who’s crushing him in the polls? Does anyone believe Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal attorney, is calling Hunter Biden a “drug addict” on TV because this is all a matter of statecraft? Show of hands: If Biden weren’t running, would the president have brought up Biden eight times — or at all — with the Ukrainian president?

The questions answer themselves.

It’s reminiscent of Trump’s “Lock her up!” attacks on Hillary Clinton. Once they served their purpose, the newly elected president said, “She’s been through enough.”

It’s almost like he’s been playing us for idiots all along.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/09/team-trump-unconvincing-ukraine-spin/amp

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This guy gets it.

The "transcript" (it's not even that) isn't enough.  Not even close.  The bar has been raised impossibly high.  We don't just need a smoking gun -- we need video, from 27 angles, showing Trump firing the gun, slow-motion breakdown of the bullet, Matrix-style, hitting the victim in the face in the middle of 5th avenue, Trump walking up to the camera afterwards saying "I did that, me, Donald Trump!" and then showing his passport to prove it......and he'd still walk.  Because GOP Senate.

well, he just did a big portion of this already.  He stood in front of a tv camera and said he did it, his lawyer said they did it and they all just released a transcript that verified he did it.  WTF else is needed?   "Who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?"

2 hours ago, The Royal We said:

It's amazing/depressing to see these hacks try to spin this. 

the longer the Pubs keep him off the hook, the sloppier and more idiotic the crimes become.  It's almost like he's not even trying to cover up by releasing the talking points?  WTF does that?  This 3 stooges episode is writing itself. 

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Other fascinating thing about that call is Zelensky makes a point to 1) tell Trump how great he is and 2) casually mention he's stayed at a Trump hotel. Probably typical of these calls.

almost like there is a reliable roadmap to get what you want out of the man.

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Other fascinating thing about that call is Zelensky makes a point to 1) tell Trump how great he is and 2) casually mention he's stayed at a Trump hotel. Probably typical of these calls.

that's the thing i took away from it as well.  while it isn't an actual transcript with exact words, it read almost precisely how i would write a script for someone that was about to have a conversation with trump who needed to manipulate him into doing basically anything i wanted to do.  it is a near perfect job.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Wasn't the whistleblower set to testify before Congress as early as tomorrow?  They are trying to get out ahead of this thing and allow Fox News at least one night to put lipstick on the pig.

• Like 1

Just now, Yuk said:

Wasn't the whistleblower set to testify before Congress as early as tomorrow?  They are trying to get out ahead of this thing and allow Fox News at least one night to put lipstick on the pig.

Releasing to the intelligence committee does not equal releasing to the public. Similarly I think the testimony will be in closed session 

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Releasing to the intelligence committee does not equal releasing to the public. Similarly I think the testimony will be in closed session 

He's testifying in both open and closed sessions. 

Edit:  From the WaPo story about the DNI threatening to resign:

"The officials said that Joseph Maguire, who was thrust into the top intelligence post last month, warned the White House that he was not willing to withhold information from Congress, where he is scheduled to testify in open and closed hearings on Thursday."

Edited by Mojo Hand

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

when a republican administration has lost the National Review... boy

i've thought about this all day, and i think that outfits like the national review prefer their politicians to be at least competent in their corruption. someone already used this gif today, but fuck if it doesn't apply all over this administration:

tenor.gif

• Like 2

Jim Jordan:  The President did not ask for any favors and there's no proof of that.  Show me where in the President's transcript it says the word favor.  

The President's transcript:  Oh, right here:  "I would like you to do us a favor."

Jim Jordan:  Big Gulps, huh?  Alright!  Welp, see ya later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Aid was cut off days before that call at unilateral direction of the President. People don’t simply say “I’m extorting you.” They create need/urgency and then ask a favor. Which is exactly what happened 

FALSE.  unless Trump actually said “I am hereby extorting you for my own personal and political gain,” using those exact words, and you can produce an audio and video of it, with multiple Republicans attesting to its authenticity, then it is COMPLETE EXONERATION.”

-signed, 

All Republicans 

PS.  even if you do have the authenticated audio and video of it, then it’s a fake, so STILL COMPLETE EXONERATION 

• Like 2